Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 10-13-2011, 06:32 PM   #4176
Valhalla

Tomorrow or the next day I'm attempting to make cookies involving tea leaves. I found a recipe for it with good reviews. If I'm lucky, my shortbreadish pumpkin chai cookies will be amazing.
Valhalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 06:49 PM   #4177
lord of the lightbulb

lol i call dibbs on the first one just kinda smash it into the key board an um e-mail it to me lol

shoooooooot im hungry now

neeed fooood

ops

pringels rock lol

but yea they do sound good them there cookies
are you sure you cant email me one ?
lord of the lightbulb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 12:21 AM   #4178
Solumina

That sounds like a fun recipe, care to post it?
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 10:23 AM   #4179
honeythorn

Found a pigeon yesterday that can't fly properly. I think another bird has attacked him , as he has a lot of primary wing feathers missing on both sides, and the middle of his tail is gone. No blood or wounds so I don't think it was a cat.

He can get about a foot of height but no more and he can't fly for very long as it tires him ( didn't take long to catch him ) . I've got him on the lawn in the rabbit run until his feathers grow back, then I'll take him back down the dingle and let him go near where I found him.

He's been walking about, and has gobbled half the food I put out for him ( and I put a good 3 handfulls of wild bird mix with added mealworms ,and a small amount of bread ) I figure if he wants to eat , then he wants to live ( no pining or apparant depression ) and doesn't seem too stressed at all by being in the run. I don't like to keep him "caged" such as he he is, but the neighbors cats would only chomp him since he can't get any height in flight.

I put a big plantpot on it's side and filled it with straw, so he can hide and keep warm and out of the wind. He's got a bit of log, his food and water, and I placed pots and bits of wood around the run to shelter it further from wind and prying cat eyes. We have a stone pigeon ornament that's ancient, but I placed that near the run, so as to make him feel slightly less alone ( wild wood pigeons often go about in pairs or small groups ). He goes in the pot at night quite happily, so he seems content enough .

His name while he's here, shall be.... BERTRAM.
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 04:11 PM   #4180
Grausamkeit

I need chocolate. Stupid PMS.

...I've been accused of folly by a fool. ~Antigone

Grausamkeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 08:52 PM   #4181
Solumina

Today was my 1 year anniversary with Jake and we had a lovely, romantic dinner with some of the best food (as well as yummy drinks) I have ever had.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 10-15-2011, 08:00 PM   #4182
Ben Lahnger

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeythorn View Post
Found a pigeon yesterday that can't fly properly...

... I've got him on the lawn in the rabbit run until his feathers grow back, then I'll take him back down the dingle and let him go near where I found him...

... His name while he's here, shall be.... BERTRAM.
Honeythorn, I really enjoyed reading this. Please update how Bertram's rehab proceeds ... you've succeeded in getting me emotionally invested in a pigeon half a world away.

---------------------------------

I want to try some ROGUE DEAD GUY ALE, TOMMYKNOCKER MAPLE NUT BROWN ALE, MONTY PYTHON HOLY GRAIL ALE and some ARROGANT BASTARD ALE. But first, I want to find some YOUNG'S DOUBLE CHOCOLATE STOUT ... because it's got chocolate in it, natch!

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 08:07 PM   #4183
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina View Post
Today was my 1 year anniversary with Jake and we had a lovely, romantic dinner with some of the best food (as well as yummy drinks) I have ever had.
One year! Its hard to think about it being one year already.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 10:55 PM   #4184
Solumina

It is! It doesn't feel nearly that long and I kept forgetting that it was coming up (which means it was a really good thing that I decided to request it off as far in advance as possible since I most likely would have otherwise waited until it was way too late).
-Carbon Leaf
Old 10-16-2011, 07:56 AM   #4185
honeythorn

Smokey the allotment cat was being extra cute. Lying all over me like I'm some sort of human pillow person. I am owned by this bloody cat.

She REEKS though. Smelly fur and smelly cat breath. She lives down there and she's old and skinny ( yet refuses any food we offer regardless of what it is, I suspect she may have worms ) . Yet she's so incredibly friendly, and just wants a lap to lie on. The other allotment cats are basically feral and won't come anywhere near people.

Big black and white bugger ( my name for it ) went running across our plot today with a HUGE rat in it's mouth.

The plots are located in an area that's basically mostly Pakistani and Indian populated. The curry mile as Lye ( the area) is known. Trouble is, they aren't exactly proficient in caring for pets from what I've observed. The few who own dogs, the dogs don't look too well fed or cared for, and they seem to buy kittens as basically toys for their children, and don't care for them properly. The cats then end up wandering round the streets, and where our plots are, the allotments . I have no idea if this is part of their culture ( I really hope not ) , but that's the only place I've seen cats and dogs in that situation.

The cats may be feral but judging from all the pigeons and squirrels in the area ( the allotments back onto a graveyard ) not to mention the rats attracted by the Indian restaurants in the high street, they don't seem to do too badly for food at any rate.
Old 10-16-2011, 08:00 AM   #4186
honeythorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger View Post
Honeythorn, I really enjoyed reading this. Please update how Bertram's rehab proceeds ... you've succeeded in getting me emotionally invested in a pigeon half a world away.

I'll have to let him go soon even if the feathers aren't totally grown through. The less he is able to flap them the more his muscles will wither. So I'll give him a week and then take him back and put him in the Dingle itself where he can at least flap into low lying branches. I saw a cat hanging about in the spot I found him today so I won't put him right back there. He'll get munched !
Old 10-16-2011, 08:04 AM   #4187
Grausamkeit

It's hard to properly care for a pet if you're poor. Most people don't think about getting their pet shots or spayed/neutered or emergency vet bills. They just get them because they're cute at the moment/ the kids really really want a pet...etc.

Old 10-16-2011, 08:26 AM   #4188
honeythorn

There's a running joke/saying here, not to let your cat out or it'll end up in a curry. And sure enough, it's happened a couple of times.

One guy ( this was in Birmingham, our closest city ) was eating his "chicken" (not) tikka curry in an Indian restaurant, bit down into a piece of meat and got something hard stuck between his teeth. He thought it was a piece of bone that had been mistakenly left in, but couldn't get it out himself. He went to the dentist, and the guy actually removed a cat's Identity Microchip.

It was in the paper ages ago with a photo of the guy holding the chip.
Old 10-16-2011, 09:59 AM   #4189
Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina View Post
That sounds like a fun recipe, care to post it?

Here you go.

Link.

I just used Pumpkin Chai leaves instead of Earl Grey. My cookies are in the oven right now, I'll let you know how they turn out.

I'm thinking I didn't grind my leaves up enough, but we'll see.
Valhalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 03:01 PM   #4190
Platina

Cooking is one of my favorite things to do, but the problem is coming up with ideas, especially when I'm on a low budget due to paying for bills and rent.
Platina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 03:23 PM   #4191
carakitty

I despise coming up with cooking ideas too. It seems like each of the three of us have such different tastes when it comes to food that it feels like having a happy medium is near impossible. If we order out all of us are usually happy but we really need to cut back on doing so.
Old 10-16-2011, 03:46 PM   #4192
honeythorn

I need confirmation G.NET

Should I buy this?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cherlone-S...item336d1ecfc7

I am going to a ball on December 3rd. The theme is... LABYRINTH ( yes the movie) Masks are required, there shall be music and dancing before they show the film on the big screen. It's going to be held in the Prince Charles Cinema in Leicester Sq London.

I've wanted to go to a masquerade ball ever since I first saw Labyrinth. And frankly I only wanted to go to the one in the film, so this is about as close as I'll get.

But I want to get a dress that doesn't cost an arm and a leg, since I probably won't get to wear it to many other events that require such a dress.

I have another dress choice, but I will have to email them and ask if one could be made in my size by the time of the ball, and it costs more.

What do you reckon? Yes? I shall wear it with my ramshorn head-dress, and a small ornate gold/bronze mask .
Old 10-16-2011, 06:14 PM   #4193
Grausamkeit

I say YES! It would look divine with the color of the headdress and a bronze mask.

Old 10-16-2011, 06:54 PM   #4194
Fruitbat

SOL - a year? man that went quick. congrats... I've done 9 years of my life sentence

I gotta do some research on radical christian fundamental shit like that crazy-ass tea party in the US or maybe I'll just look up Palin.

Guess it's better than writing about motorcycle gangs.. sigh.

"Always be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle." - Plato

Help me, I'm holding on for dear life

Fruitbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 06:59 PM   #4195
Grausamkeit

Throw Bachmann & Perry in there to cover all your bases.

Old 10-16-2011, 11:12 PM   #4196
Solumina

Thanks Batty!

Honey that dress is gorgeous, I can't make a choice without seeing the other potion but that color will be stunning on you.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 10-17-2011, 03:55 AM   #4197
MissCheyenne

I really like that dress HT. I'm sure the colour will look fantastic on you. I wish I could wear things like that but I'm just not tall enough to carry them off without looking like a child that's raided her Mum's wardrobe >_<

I am your slice of pie
MissCheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 10:07 AM   #4198
honeythorn

I like it too. I reckon this one will be the one. It's my size, not too expensive, and green is actually my favourite colour. I can't wait to see if the gauzy bits float out when I twirl *childish squee*

BERTRAM UPDATE - Well Ben you did ask.

He's been looking stressed the past few days. Pacing madly up and down and jumping up. So I have removed the run and he's free to walk the garden as he likes. .

I've put his hidey pot in a corner where he can still get inside. There are more pots on their sides in the raised rockery parts of the garden. He can get inside the mini greenhouse stand we have, and I used the folding roof of the run to make a tunnel for him to scuttle into if he feels like it.

I left the food and water where it is as he's now used to it being there.

Also, if he'd been left too long in the run, unable to flap properly, his wing muscles would atrophy and become useless. He needs to be able to have a good flap about to exercise them, even if he doesn't get anywhere for a while.

I can only hope the local cats don't realise he's loose or I could be adding bones to my collection.

Still, he has a LOT of hiding places, food water and shelter so he should in theory, be fine.

EDIT - Bless him he's trying to fly and he can't! He's sat on the step looking terribly bemused !
Old 10-17-2011, 08:30 PM   #4199
Ben Lahnger

Yep, I did ask. Thank you. I hope he makes it.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 05:25 PM   #4200
Anikita

vampires

Dudes, this book lightning through the thoughts of the abyss and Panther's Bite are draining core of needs by a vampire so draining the off set is the period by hidden themes and hidden meanings
their cheapest at www.publishamerica.com to search jaubert II
well done
Anikita is offline   Reply With Quote