Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Music

Music Finally, an entire forum devoted to talking about Doktor Avalanche, the drum machine for the Sisters of Mercy. You can talk about other bands, or other members of that band, too, if you want to be UNCOOL.

Old 09-13-2007, 04:44 PM   #1
††BlackRose††

Blutengel

They are a really cool band. I like them a lot like their song The Oxidising Angel is probably one of my favorites!!!
††BlackRose†† is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 10:06 PM   #2
DarkGentleman

OMG!! Now you got me started!! I love this group to death. I listen to at least 3 to 4 of their songs a day and never get bored of them. I would LOVE to see them perform live sometime.
I do love the song "Oxidising Angel" as well as the video shown in youtube.

I must say that these are my favorite ones:
-Vampire Romance (Solitary Experiments remix)
-Children of the Night
-Leave the day
-Stay
-I will follow
-Forever
-Angels of the Dark
-In my dreams
-Fairyland
-Cry Little sister
-Seelenkrank
-Bloody Pleasures
-No Eternity
-Angel of the night

I want to get their new CD "Labyrinth", after hearing a few sample tracks, I know this one's worth getting.

You can hear the samples on their myspace. http://www.myspace.com/officialblutengel
DarkGentleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 10:09 PM   #3
HellforgedX

I just gave them a listen (BTW thanx for the link, Gent) and they sound really friggin' good! I'm actually surprised! I thought they'd be like all the other German Goth bands out there by their name, but I actually like them.
Old 09-13-2007, 10:10 PM   #4
raggedyanne

Blutengal's The Oxidising Angel was great! I really like their version of "Cry Little Sister"
At some point, you need to look yourself in the mirror and realize that what other people did to you does not define you as a person. You and your actions define who you are as a person. It's up to you to be a good person, in spite of all the evil you've faced. In fact, it should be because of the evil you see that it's good you do. Be the change you want in the world. Next time someone tells me that they're an asshole because they've had a bad life, I'm stabbing them in the eye with a spork.
raggedyanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 10:30 PM   #5
DarkGentleman

They also did their version of STAY, that song was first done by Shakespare's Sister.

I also thought all their songs were in german too, but nope, it was all in english.
Their style is SOOOOO dark and elegant, oooooooh I love it. Even the lyrics tell about embracing the darkness and vampirism, I mostly love it for the "love" part in both.
Old 09-13-2007, 10:40 PM   #6
DarkGentleman

I also forgot to mention that Chris Pohl (vocals) also does vocals for his other (not one, but two) music groups, Tumor and Terminal Choice. Damn, this guy really is a workaholic when it comes to his music. I definetly have alot of respect for him and his music.
Old 09-13-2007, 11:09 PM   #7
Born Again

I used to like them quite a lot, but their lyrics are a bit cheap.
Old 09-14-2007, 05:23 PM   #8
††BlackRose††

I know the video for The Oxidising Angel is sooo awesome!!! I also love Soul of Ice, Angels of the Dark, Vampire Romance, etc. All of the songs I have haerd of them so far are really cool and I like all of them. I didn't see a thread started about Blutengel, and I thought they deserved one.
Old 09-14-2007, 07:06 PM   #9
zeronegativeplus

I used to have the blutengel discography but they stole it from me...
zeronegativeplus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 11:06 PM   #10
DarkGentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ††BlackRose††
I know the video for The Oxidising Angel is sooo awesome!!! I also love Soul of Ice, Angels of the Dark, Vampire Romance, etc. All of the songs I have haerd of them so far are really cool and I like all of them. I didn't see a thread started about Blutengel, and I thought they deserved one.
I am glad you enjoy them as much as I do. I wish they would tour around here and not just around europe all the time. But then again it would be the lack of public interest that defeats the purpose, damn.

Some people have mentioned about Blutengel a few times in the past, but no threads about them, so therefore I tip my hat to you for bringing up this thread.
Old 09-15-2007, 10:30 AM   #11
Lelith_Hesperax

before blutengel, chris pohl had a group called seelenkrank and although it were early works they are great
Lelith_Hesperax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 01:33 AM   #12
DarkGentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lelith_Hesperax
before blutengel, chris pohl had a group called seelenkrank and although it were early works they are great
Ah right, First I thought it was just the name of a song they did too.
Old 09-16-2007, 05:54 AM   #13
††BlackRose††

He's also in a band now called Terminal Choice.
Old 10-13-2007, 12:50 AM   #14
DarkGentleman

I got Blutengel's new cd "Labyrinth" and it KICKS ASS!! I must admit, they have improved in some ways and I enjoyed all the songs on the this album.

The tracks I liked the most were "When the rain is falling", "Dreamland", "I remember everything", "Body move", "Engelsblut", "Gloomy shadows" and "Singing Dead men".
Old 10-13-2007, 09:06 AM   #15
KontanKarite

I'm so retarded. This is the first time I've even bothered to listen to Blutengel.

I'm so passive. It takes me forever to give any group an honest listen.

I do however, find the male in the band to be quite... interesting looking.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 10:09 AM   #16
Saddiction

Blutengel are alright, however, they do have quite the cheese factor in regards to their lyrics.
Old 10-13-2007, 10:43 AM   #17
Green.Lady

I quite like them... I've only heard stuff from their previous albums, but after all that's been said, I may hunt down this new one you all speak of.

Cheesiness, yes... Bloody Pleasures does make me cringe every time - "Let me touch your skin."
Green.Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 02:39 PM   #18
††BlackRose††

Chris Pohl is still cool. :P
Old 10-14-2007, 12:41 PM   #19
DarkGentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green.Lady
I quite like them... I've only heard stuff from their previous albums, but after all that's been said, I may hunt down this new one you all speak of.

Cheesiness, yes... Bloody Pleasures does make me cringe every time - "Let me touch your skin."
I know within their lyrics that mentions "touching your skin" can sound creepy to some people. I see it as a romantic point of view, a sense of wanting or needing someone. Romance takes alot of understanding when it comes to poetry, music, or even real-life intimacy.

However, I do believe the song Bloody Pleasures was aimed to express a blood or vampiric fetish. I can understand why it made Green Lady cringe, but I find it's wasn't my cup of tea either.
Old 10-14-2007, 04:53 PM   #20
KontanKarite

Seriously, that guy is ridiculous. He has some of the prettiest eyes and eye areas I've ever seen on a human being. What's his deal?

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 08:27 PM   #21
silverbaal

I thought I responded already. Oh well. I've tried Seleeneshmerz, Child of Glass, and Vampire Romance. There was a piano track I really liked on one of these. Can't remember the name. I'm not a fan, though. And as someone else said...the lyrics aren't the greatest. They're so...structured.
silverbaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 11:08 AM   #22
KrimHilde

count me in too I love Blutengel and Chris Pohl although I know in the last years the albums have started to become more commercial, but for the unique sound I really recommend the first albums and also Chris Pohl's other side project, Seelenkrank from Blutengel, yes, my first and only love remains "Bloody Pleasures", a very catchy song and well written but also his later songs such as "Reich mir die Hand" or "Nachtbringer" can be counted from his last albums. "Tränenherz" (2011) album actually can be considered a very good album
KrimHilde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 12:47 AM   #23
Kasdeja

Thought this was interesting, considering the thread was started back in 2007. Just sayin'...

Props to Spooky Spencer for the 'shopped avatar!
If words could really hurt you, this forum would be one huge abbatoir.
Kasdeja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 06:43 AM   #24
KrimHilde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasdeja View Post
Thought this was interesting, considering the thread was started back in 2007. Just sayin'...
it's ok, I just thought once a thread exists about something you can write whenever you want, regardless it's from a thousand years ago, or today...and since it's about a band that I like I thought to share my opinion as well, didn't know it was forbidden that though :/
KrimHilde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 06:53 AM   #25
CIRQUEFREAK91

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimHilde View Post
it's ok, I just thought once a thread exists about something you can write whenever you want, regardless it's from a thousand years ago, or today...and since it's about a band that I like I thought to share my opinion as well, didn't know it was forbidden that though :/
Go for gold!
CIRQUEFREAK91 is offline   Reply With Quote