Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

View Poll Results: Eyelash curlers...A torture device?
Yes, Created by the devil himself.. 4 30.77%
No, Created By a rather helpful makeup angel.. 9 69.23%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-02-2006, 09:54 PM   #26
MissJames

I am big supporter of curlers! my lashes are really long but they stick straight out, no natural curl at all (like the reast of my hair, so I'm a big fan of hot rollers as well). I curl them every day even if I don't wear mascara, and it keeps them from sweeping over my glasses when I blink. this is my well-learned process:

curl first! I put my eyeshadow on, then curl. I find that if I put the curlers under a blowdrier for just a second (don't let the metal get hot to the touch) it 'takes' a little better. you can also buy heated curlers, but my regluar old metal maybelline is fine for me. go slow, and don't move the curler away before you release your lashes. I once wasn't paying attention and pulled the curler kind of to the side and got my eyelid stuck between the pad and the side of the curler. the horror. then put on eyeliner (if you curl right at the base of your lashes it can smear your liner or make it flake off if you're using liquid. then do the liner, then mascara. I have to be careful with that too. if I get them really curly and then put on one of those thick volumizing mascaras... watch out, cause the eyelash monster is gonna get'cha! I usually use maybelline lash dicovery, you can really control how dark you want them by building up layers. and I'm loving my new stuff - my mom got me that mark comb out mascara from her avom lady. the applicator is a plastic comb rather than a brush.

damn, I love talking about makeup.
MissJames is offline   Reply With Quote