Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 08-17-2009, 02:10 AM   #1
Pineapple_Juice

People who stay in hotels are assholes.

Why'd I get stuck in a job where I have to deal with them?
I mean this honestly. It's like as soon as they step into the hotel they expect you to drop to one knee and pledge fealty to them.
I have news for you fuckers. I don't give a shit if you like your room or not. I don't give a shit what routine you enjoy following. You're not at home, and I can think of a million other things I'd like to do besides making you feel like you are. In case you want to get a feel for just how little i give a damn, I'd rather rim a corpse than take care of you. The best thing you can do is die in your room so I can get a little excitement out of sitting in my shitty office watching Comedy Central for eight hours a day.

PS-the TV doesn't work because you don't have the cable box on, twat.
Old 08-17-2009, 07:23 AM   #2
PutridLily

Oh yeah. I kinda got off on that.

I suggest you leave something dead outside their room.
PutridLily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 07:28 AM   #3
the-nihilist

The wall had a tiny scratch on it! I demand a full refund for last night!

Also, some advertisement on some sign or magazine I can't really remember where, said the rate was like 50% lower than what your charging!

Is the continental breakfast "low carb?"
Old 08-17-2009, 07:39 AM   #4
Underwater Ophelia

Why choose to work in a hotel if you have such a bad attitude about it?
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 10:53 AM   #5
Still Jack

'Cos it's fun. A friend of mine used to work for a hotel and he used to do shit like get the room number of the people that pissed him off, and then wank into their shampoo so their hair was extra silky.
Still Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 10:58 AM   #6
Terminus

People ask me why I tip 20% instead of 10% or 15%.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Jack View Post
'Cos it's fun. A friend of mine used to work for a hotel and he used to do shit like get the room number of the people that pissed him off, and then wank into their shampoo so their hair was extra silky.
THIS is why I tip people 20%.

I don't get people who want to make hotels like their own rooms. Half of the fun, at least for me, is getting to stay in a new place.
Terminus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 12:08 PM   #7
Duane

Quote:
That... is... AWESOME!
Duane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 12:43 PM   #8
honeythorn

Just to say that I'm honestly not like that in hotels. I keep all my stuff in the suitcase, don't make any mess at all and even make my own bed in the morning. Even though I know it'll get redone by the cleaners.

I'm even better on holiday abroad. The last time I went anywhere with friends ( Kavos when I was 20 ) i somehow ended up with a room of my own and kept it spotless. My friends room , and there were only 2 of them, was complete SHIT TIP.

Needless to say the little greek cleaning ladies fucking LOVED me. Couldn't understand a word but they were all smiley and great.
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 12:50 PM   #9
Duane

It's always good to help cleaners and other service peeps, like Cashiers. Always best to tip good, this makes your experience better the next time, because we may remember jackasses, but we also remember people who were really nice and helpful.
Old 08-17-2009, 01:10 PM   #10
Solumina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duane View Post
It's always good to help cleaners and other service peeps, like Cashiers. Always best to tip good, this makes your experience better the next time, because we may remember jackasses, but we also remember people who were really nice and helpful.
True. I'm the type who likes to befriend servers and honestly it doesn't take long if you are nice, polite, and leave a decent tip they will remember you after one or two visits. It makes the whole experience much better as they will take a personal interest in making sure that everything is just right. Same goes for hotels, those are people behind the desk, not some strange lower form of life that is there to do your bidding, if you want them to take good care of you then make sure that you go out of your way to be nice and polite to them as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia View Post
Why choose to work in a hotel if you have such a bad attitude about it?
Maybe you haven't noticed but this isn't the best economy, plenty of people are working jobs that they hate because it is what they could get.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 01:41 PM   #11
Duane

Some people also can't say no to being part owner of a store.
Old 08-17-2009, 02:17 PM   #12
AngelikDemonik

Don't ever fuck with the people who handle your food or your money. I was a waitress once...Some woman BITCHED ME THE FUCK OUT because she didn't like her (choice) italian dressing on her salad, and demanded a whole new salad with french dressing. So, we got her a whole new salad and french dressing with my spit in it. She loved that shit.

But really, you're going to encounter assholes wherever you go. I've worked food service, retail, and now at a hospital. People will always find a reason to be shitty with the person that is helping them, no matter the circumstance.

http://www.myspace.com/dancemydarling

AIM: ThisIsntSybil
AngelikDemonik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 02:24 PM   #13
Pineapple_Juice

It's odd to me that as soon as a person goes somewhere where someone else has to service them they decide to forget completely that said person is a PERSON and will treat them like shit. If that bitchy customer had met you on the street she would never have have the balls to act that way around you. This is probably the same person who goes to church every Sunday and preaches tolerance and love.

I simply can't stand it when grown ass men and women have shit fits over stupid stuff. Really, if you want to be taken seriously and be treated like an adult then don't have a tantrum like a two year old.

I hate this whole "the customer is always right" mentality. That's why people think they can get away with acting like a dick. Because bosses and corporate kiss their ass and give them anything they want. It drives me NUTS. It's like when kids have fits and their parents just give them what they want. It conditions them to believe being a FUCKHEAD will get them the things they want. I don't put up with that shit.
Old 08-17-2009, 07:14 PM   #14
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pineapple_Juice View Post
It's odd to me that as soon as a person goes somewhere where someone else has to service them they decide to forget completely that said person is a PERSON and will treat them like shit. If that bitchy customer had met you on the street she would never have have the balls to act that way around you. This is probably the same person who goes to church every Sunday and preaches tolerance and love.

I simply can't stand it when grown ass men and women have shit fits over stupid stuff. Really, if you want to be taken seriously and be treated like an adult then don't have a tantrum like a two year old.

I hate this whole "the customer is always right" mentality. That's why people think they can get away with acting like a dick. Because bosses and corporate kiss their ass and give them anything they want. It drives me NUTS. It's like when kids have fits and their parents just give them what they want. It conditions them to believe being a FUCKHEAD will get them the things they want. I don't put up with that shit.
I hate customers like that. I used to get calls where someone would really and truly have a screaming tantrum, like "I WANT MY CABLE AND I WANT IT NOOOOOOOOW!!!!" Its like, how do you expect me to work when you're screaming at me like that? I can't hear very well now and I blame customers like that. And I'm great at customer service, a lot of times once they're done screaming I already have the problem fixed, and they end up apologizing. In my last job interview the lady interviewing me said "I can't imagine why anyone would wanna scream at you, you have such a soothing voice" XD

I'm glad that the head of my department told me I don't have to put up with harassment at all, only one call center I ever worked with told me I didn't have to take harassment, and that it was okay to end the call if they were. In others I just had to sit there and take it. And STILL be nice to them.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 08:12 PM   #15
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina View Post

Maybe you haven't noticed but this isn't the best economy, plenty of people are working jobs that they hate because it is what they could get.
I get that, but even from a completely self-serving standpoint, it just doesn't benefit to have a bad attitude at work.

Customers like you=promotion=more money=better job.

Customer complaints=getting fired/bad references=no job.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 08:17 PM   #16
Cicero

I've always seen those types at hotels I've stayed at. I can safely say I've never been like that, nor desired to be like that. It should be common fucking knowledge that people who provide services should be treated with courtesy, mostly for reasons already stated in this thread.

It works both ways though, and in one those ways someone's getting paid for it.

My Etsy store: www.Cicero1334.etsy.com

[And check out 1334 while you're at it: www.myspace.com/club1334 ]
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 12:41 AM   #17
Reiko

I know your pain somewhat.
I worked as server for wedding receptions. DUDE! Some of the dudes were so perverted.
Reiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 12:43 AM   #18
Pineapple_Juice

Not to say I act like I don't give a fuck while I'm working. I don't have a bad attitude outwardly. People should realize though that it's out job to be nice to you, it's not like we just love the fuck out of you and go home praying you have a great time. I've been a server, a service deli worker, a housekeeper, a cashier, and a front desk employee. I've never had a complaint about a poor attitude before.
Old 08-18-2009, 09:05 AM   #19
Raptor

Quote:
Very childish.

Though I don't understand why you would make extra mess for hotel staff to clean or get angry at them for things beyond their control either.
Raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 10:48 AM   #20
honeythorn

For those who haven't seen this site before, enjoy

http://notalwaysright.com/

Some of the customers in these are so unbelieveable stupid I oten wonder if they're made up. Either way they're funny.
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 11:45 AM   #21
Pineapple_Juice

Awesome. That's like CustomerServiceSucks.com.
Old 08-18-2009, 03:57 PM   #22
Sir Canvas Corpsey

Quote:
WHY is that arousing?

I hate people who throw tantrums about that shit, especially at airports when a plane is grounded for 8 hours so the fucking passengers don't get themselves fucking obliterated by the lightning storm above them. Usually when I see a person treating the employees like that I give them a good earbashing on behalf of the establishment.
Old 08-19-2009, 01:37 PM   #23
Pineapple_Juice

I like you.
Old 08-19-2009, 06:22 PM   #24
Wrath

At the B&b I work at someone once pooped in the shower cause they were to lazy to step out of it and sit on the toilett.....
Wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 11:00 PM   #25
Duane

Pooped in the shower? Worst people do over here is leaving all the groceries on my counter when they can't afford them.