Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

Old 01-01-2010, 11:21 PM   #1
Deadmanwalking_05

Tracing device triggers backlash from gun industry

http://www.sacbee.com/capitolandcali...y/2427189.html

One in an ongoing series about new state laws that take effect in 2010.

California regulators have approved far fewer semi-automatic pistols for sale in the wake of a state law that required new safety devices in 2006 and 2007.

Now, with a new bullet-stamping law scheduled to take effect in 2010, the gun industry predicts it will introduce even fewer new models in California rather than install a device necessary to trace individual casings to a statewide database.

"California will become like Cuba with cars," said Lawrence Keane, senior counsel for the National Shooting Sports Foundation, which represents the gun industry. "You will only be able to get very old models of guns....

9x29mmR : The Choice Of Millions for the last 100-107 years.
Deadmanwalking_05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 12:21 AM   #2
Joker_in_the_Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadmanwalking_05 View Post
http://www.sacbee.com/capitolandcali...y/2427189.html

One in an ongoing series about new state laws that take effect in 2010.

California regulators have approved far fewer semi-automatic pistols for sale in the wake of a state law that required new safety devices in 2006 and 2007.

Now, with a new bullet-stamping law scheduled to take effect in 2010, the gun industry predicts it will introduce even fewer new models in California rather than install a device necessary to trace individual casings to a statewide database.

"California will become like Cuba with cars," said Lawrence Keane, senior counsel for the National Shooting Sports Foundation, which represents the gun industry. "You will only be able to get very old models of guns....
Oh Woe is me, I won't be able to get the latest guns! How ever will I survive in my bland, pedestrian suburban neighborhood? How will I get rid of my squirrels now? What if someone breaks into my house, I can't shoot them with LAST YEARS GUN! They'll think I'm lame.
Because before too long there'll be nothing left alive, not a creature on the land or sea, a bird in the sky. They'll be shot, harpooned, eaten, and hunted too much, vivisected by the clever men who prove that there's no such things as a fair world with live and let live. The Royal family go hunting, what an example to give to the people they lead and that don't include me, I've seen enough pain and torture of those who can't speak...

- Tough Shit, Mickey by Conflict
Joker_in_the_Pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 02:50 AM   #3
CptSternn

I know! That glock is LAST years model! It just doesn't have the stopping power of this years model. If I can't bring down a bull moose with one shot, then why do they even have handguns!?!

Smell that? It's fresh sarcasm.
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 06:02 AM   #4
Deadmanwalking_05

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptSternn View Post
I know! That glock is LAST years model! It just doesn't have the stopping power of this years model. If I can't bring down a bull moose with one shot, then why do they even have handguns!?!

Smell that? It's fresh sarcasm.

The whiskey on your breath...yeah I can smell that all the way over here (Tip: Don't breath heavily around someone that is just about to light a cigarette)

9x29mmR : The Choice Of Millions for the last 100-107 years.
Deadmanwalking_05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 08:27 AM   #5
Ben Lahnger

The headline SHOULD read: Stupid Posts Trigger Backlash From Gothic Community

However, I get the impression most people here are beyond caring. I notice you're getting fewer responses to your latest posts, which means more people here are wising up to your unbalanced, anti-social, borderline psychopathic love affair with guns. As you continue to post your polarized, extremist views you will alienate more and more people, till finally you'll be posting to a minority of 2 ... yourself and whatever whack job is currently spamming this place.

This is my last time clicking on a thread you start and I'm adding you to my ignore list. So if you were seeking to educate or inform, you lose. If you were seeking to yank my chain, you lose. If you were trying to be heard, you lose.

Good luck with the underground shelter and the arms stockpile.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 10:00 AM   #6
PortraitOfSanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadmanwalking_05 View Post
The whiskey on your breath...yeah I can smell that all the way over here (Tip: Don't breath heavily around someone that is just about to light a cigarette)
Was that supposed to be an Irish joke, fucker?

I don't hate you. Saying I hate you would be like saying I hate a dog with no legs trying to cross a busy freeway.
-Mr. Filth
PortraitOfSanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 10:44 AM   #7
Malice In Wonderland

Why would you want a newer model when an older model kills people just the same?
Or is it like kids with the newest trainers?

"One mohawk wasn't enough to keep up with how badass he is so he had to get two." - Haunted House, about me, YEAH, ME!

Terror Nuclear,Terror Nuclear
Malice In Wonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 02:28 PM   #8
Still Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by PortraitOfSanity View Post
Was that supposed to be an Irish joke, fucker?
Oh come on, He can't think that far...
Old 01-02-2010, 05:37 PM   #9
PortraitOfSanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Jack View Post
Oh come on, He can't think that far...
Good point....

I don't hate you. Saying I hate you would be like saying I hate a dog with no legs trying to cross a busy freeway.
-Mr. Filth
PortraitOfSanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 01:26 AM   #10
CptSternn

I usually smell like Powers, but thats beside the point...
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote