Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Politics
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics "Under democracy, one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule -and both commonly succeed, and are right." -H.L. Menken

Old 05-24-2010, 01:49 AM   #1
Starke von Oben

Obama will leaed the US, and the West, to War with Iran

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4p1kD8CZX8

A UN nuclear watchdog report suggests Iran could be developing a nuclear bomb, apparently confirming long-held suspicions in the West. But Tehran denies the claims, again insisting that its atomic intentions are peaceful. Michel Chossudovsky, who's from an independent Canadian policy research group, believes that what Iran says hardly matters, because the U.S. is planning for war...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2il2...eature=related

Major US airports refused to display images intended for use in the RT's December'09 US advertising campaign. An alternative version (the one saying 'Our Ad. Politically correct.) was accepted though, and can be seen on display in airports of New York NY, Washington DC, Baltimore MD and Newark NJ. RT advertisements, which are turning heads in the UK, juxtapose provocative images which show different sides of a story. RT asks questions and encourage viewers to question more, since you can only reach a balanced judgment by being better informed. By challenging the accepted view, RT reveals a side of the news that you wouldn't normally see. After all, the more you question, the more you know.

Of course anyone who dares say anything against the Glorious Leader Obama is condemned as a "troll" or a "racist". I'll be posting here when Obama uses tactical nukes on Iran, prancing around like a child saying "I told you say" with overwhelming joy.
Starke von Oben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 04:35 AM   #2
Cosmicgaunt

The use of a nuclear bomb is against Sharia law.

So no, it won't happen.
Dark petalled sensitive plants scuttle over carpets.
Black statuettes animate square heads firestokers.
Skewer me in flame.
~Nightgaunts
Cosmicgaunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 07:54 AM   #3
Breathless Horror

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmicgaunt View Post
The use of a nuclear bomb is against Sharia law.

So no, it won't happen.
Like people haven't been conveniantly reading whatever they want into religious texts, laws, and stories since the dawn of organized religion. The united states is/was supposedly a christian nation. Hence the "one nation, under god". Yet somehow the most conservative, religious states have no problem with the death penalty...all while claiming to follow a path that unequivocally demands "thou shalt not kill".

So yeah, use of nukes may be against shariah law, but I don't think that would bother many of the people that have access to the button. "It's for the benefit of the entire muslim world...surely allah will forgive me for my sin"

But then I'm cyncal and misanthropic, so I could be wrong. In fact I hope I'm wrong, but we'll see.

A prank a day keeps the dog leash away - Jello Biafra

I want your skulls! I NEED your skulls! - Misfits
Breathless Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 09:23 AM   #4
Ben Lahnger

How do I spell happiness?

This message is hidden because Starke von Oben is on your ignore list.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 10:04 AM   #5
donmara

Yeah, like if Obama has the supreme power to decide who to go to war with. Look, the U.S presidency has very little power and influence when it comes to big issues like foreign policy.

Anyway, if the U.S does indeed declare a war on Iran, the implications will be drastic. I wonder how China will react.
donmara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 10:37 AM   #6
Despanan

Guys, you're arguing with a troll, Just ignore him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger
I have chugged more than ten epic boners.
Despanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 12:58 PM   #7
Starke von Oben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Despanan View Post
Guys, you're arguing with a troll, Just ignore him.
Guys, see this example of an Obama fanatic, Just ignore him.

Note how he actually doesn't give an argument, and how his devotion reaches heights of such lofty proportions that they defy all rationality. But we must take care not to judge him too much, even though his idol and saviour is nothing more than a neoconservative disguised as a democrat.

Sad deluded fool.
Old 05-24-2010, 04:29 PM   #8
Alan

It's not Obamafanaticism to KNOW that the president cannot declare war.
real classy
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 06:28 PM   #9
x-pixie

*face palms*
x-pixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 07:13 PM   #10
Ben Lahnger

</facepalm> .... *Troll Patrol Eye-roll*

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 10:20 PM   #11
ape descendant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breathless Horror View Post
Like people haven't been conveniantly reading whatever they want into religious texts, laws, and stories since the dawn of organized religion. The united states is/was supposedly a christian nation. Hence the "one nation, under god". Yet somehow the most conservative, religious states have no problem with the death penalty...all while claiming to follow a path that unequivocally demands "thou shalt not kill".

So yeah, use of nukes may be against shariah law, but I don't think that would bother many of the people that have access to the button. "It's for the benefit of the entire muslim world...surely allah will forgive me for my sin"

But then I'm cyncal and misanthropic, so I could be wrong. In fact I hope I'm wrong, but we'll see.
Sorry to be so anal, but this is simply not true. The US is NOT supposed to be a christian nation. In fact Thomas Jefferson had talked about there being a wall to separate church and state. To further this idea of separation between church and state we have freedom of association, freedom of religion as well as a provision in the constitution itself that states that there shall be no religious test for public office.

As far as religious people being blood thirsty... I've read the old testament, which the abrihamic religions are based on in various ways and forms... its no small wonder that people who chose to immerse themselves such a work and then base their morality in it, would be blood thirsty and broken.

Be Kind
ape descendant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 07:58 AM   #12
Cosmicgaunt

The fact is that the US under Obama isn't going to risk a unilateral invasion like his predecessor.
Dark petalled sensitive plants scuttle over carpets.
Black statuettes animate square heads firestokers.
Skewer me in flame.
~Nightgaunts
Cosmicgaunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 08:19 AM   #13
Breathless Horror

Quote:
Originally Posted by ape descendant View Post
Sorry to be so anal, but this is simply not true. The US is NOT supposed to be a christian nation. In fact Thomas Jefferson had talked about there being a wall to separate church and state. To further this idea of separation between church and state we have freedom of association, freedom of religion as well as a provision in the constitution itself that states that there shall be no religious test for public office.
Thanks for the info, perhaps a rephrasal would be better suited, as no matter what Jefferson intended, that wall of seperation seems to be somewhat...incomplete

I do agree that Obama is unlikely to support a unilateral invasion though. He seems smarter than that.

A prank a day keeps the dog leash away - Jello Biafra

I want your skulls! I NEED your skulls! - Misfits
Breathless Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 12:10 PM   #14
ape descendant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breathless Horror View Post
Thanks for the info, perhaps a rephrasal would be better suited, as no matter what Jefferson intended, that wall of seperation seems to be somewhat...incomplete

I do agree that Obama is unlikely to support a unilateral invasion though. He seems smarter than that.
That is because we've let the religious bozo's run shit for far too long. We gotta take the powah back!!

Be Kind
Old 05-25-2010, 09:59 PM   #15
Joker_in_the_Pack

Quote:
That is because we've let the religious bozo's run shit for far too long. We gotta take the powah back!!
Back? We (secular people) never had it. Every president has been a Protestant except Kennedy, who was a catholic.
Because before too long there'll be nothing left alive, not a creature on the land or sea, a bird in the sky. They'll be shot, harpooned, eaten, and hunted too much, vivisected by the clever men who prove that there's no such things as a fair world with live and let live. The Royal family go hunting, what an example to give to the people they lead and that don't include me, I've seen enough pain and torture of those who can't speak...

- Tough Shit, Mickey by Conflict
Joker_in_the_Pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 02:36 AM   #16
Starke von Oben

Anyone with an ounce of brain power can see that Obama is simply continuing the non-conservative foreign policy of the Bush Administration, which amounts to nothing more than the fulfilment of Israel's foreign policy - AIPAC being the sole driving force in Washington with regards the direction of US military action in the Middle East.

Wake up - Obama was chosen by these sinister men behind closed doors precisely because no one will do anything to stop him, since you're all too hung up over how bad Bush was. This man has done nothing to overturn the Bush Doctrine, and has actively done everything to escalate troubles in the region.

OBAMA THREATENS IRAN WITH NUCLEAR WAR:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/America...airs_Committee

AIPAC

Israel Wants To Nuke Iran (New 2010):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6ZhrOglgH0

DO not be fooled: do not let them repeat history twice in a decade under and start wars under false pretexts.
Old 05-26-2010, 02:53 AM   #17
Shadowagony

Here we go again with the predictions. I'm still waiting for Bush to become the next Hitler and plunge us into World War 3, now we have yet another prediction. Will we go to war with Iran? Yes, if Iran keeps being a dick. No, if everybody, including Iran, realizes the sheer stupidity of engaging in yet another large scale war.

War = lots of people get killed, most of them innocent, just to bring both sides back to the bargaining table and agree on something involving a compromise on both sides, which could've been done before all of the bloodshed and destruction took place to begin with.
Shadowagony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 05:35 AM   #18
Starke von Oben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowagony View Post
Will we go to war with Iran? Yes, if Iran keeps being a dick.
Bullshit - you know full well that the US will launch a pre-emptive strike against Iran even if they don't have Nuclear Weapons. After all, they did so with Iraq and Israel is intent on destabilising Iran at all costs - regardless of the cost to other nations.

This is no "ww3" prediction. War is inevitable. Only just yesterday in the British Parliament, where the Queen Opened her new Government, she made mention of her Governments commitment to stop "Iran's Nuclear capability" - so the rot has already set in, and the Zionists already have the Western Governments ready at Iran's throat.

North Korea now just recently has acquired nuclear weapons, but no one seems intent on taking on North Korea - because North Korea is not within the Isreali-Zionist sphere of interest, and is of little concern to them.

WAKE UP. Obama is just a black Bush who has bought off the American public with free health care - but at what price?
Old 05-26-2010, 10:19 AM   #19
ape descendant

We didn't get free heathcare.. we're just requrired to buy gov't approved insurance, after the bill becomes effective.

Be Kind
Old 05-26-2010, 11:17 AM   #20
Starke von Oben

Quote:
We didn't get free heathcare.. we're just requrired to buy gov't approved insurance, after the bill becomes effective.
You see how even more duped people were? Everyone assumed - US citizens and European commentators - that the US would finally get for itself what most western democratic countries hold to be a fundamental human right, namely the right to free health care from the state.

Since this didn't happen, and Obama seems intent on continuing the Bush Doctrine with all it's sabre rattling, we can quite easily come to the conclusion that he's a front - anyone who honestly thinks this man is anything other than a neoconservative is a fool, and not just any kind of fool: he/she is a fool that was artificiality created by the apparatus of the modern American Media, and as such is incapable of seeing anything other than the carefully devised media presentation that it's so-called "free press" determines it should see. Any other viewpoint that does not take any of these points into consideration is beneath contempt, being naive and limited in it's scope and influences.
Old 05-26-2010, 08:30 PM   #21
x-pixie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starke von Oben View Post

AIPAC

Israel Wants To Nuke Iran (New 2010):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6ZhrOglgH0

DO not be fooled: do not let them repeat history twice in a decade under and start wars under false pretexts.
I'm sorry, I don't find Wikipedia and YouTube as credible sources.
x-pixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 09:31 PM   #22
Heretic

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-pixie View Post
*sigh*

I can't speak for YouTube, but I get tired of the Wikipedia slams. The accuracy question was addressed years ago by experts in the field such as these guys and these people. Every information source will contain some errors. The trick is to remember to cross-reference your sources...and avoid the traditional bias against newer forms of media.

- Heretic
Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 02:52 AM   #23
Shadowagony

Quote:
Bullshit - you know full well that the US will launch a pre-emptive strike against Iran even if they don't have Nuclear Weapons. After all, they did so with Iraq and Israel is intent on destabilising Iran at all costs - regardless of the cost to other nations.
No - I'm not so arrogant and full of myself as to blindly assume anything or treat crackpot conspiracy theories as unquestionable truth. We very well could go to war with Iran over their nuclear program...Or the whole thing could just blow over. Going to war with Iran has HUGE implications, such as the fact that Iran is one of Russia's closest allies and the two countries have a mutual defense treaty that would allow and require Russia to defend Iran (and vice versa) should Iran come under attack. It is much bigger than Israel's regional agenda, as the most powerful nations in the world have their interests in the region. War with Iran is a definite possibility, especially if they continue to defy the international community over their pursuit of nuclear power, but it is just that - a possibility, not a foregone conclusion.

Quote:
This is no "ww3" prediction. War is inevitable. Only just yesterday in the British Parliament, where the Queen Opened her new Government, she made mention of her Governments commitment to stop "Iran's Nuclear capability" - so the rot has already set in, and the Zionists already have the Western Governments ready at Iran's throat.
No, but it reeks of the same type of fanaticism and sensationalism - people taking bits and pieces of information and coming up with their conclusions, then treating them as unquestionable truth and talking down to anyone who disagrees or at least allows for the possiblity that things could play out completely different from their own expectations.

Quote:
North Korea now just recently has acquired nuclear weapons, but no one seems intent on taking on North Korea - because North Korea is not within the Isreali-Zionist sphere of interest, and is of little concern to them.
No, nobody is intent on taking on North Korea because if you fight North Korea then you have to fight China, too. China is a nuclear power along with USA and Russia, and even if you win, you lose about 3/4 of your country to MIRV nukes and the collapse of China would plunge the entire world into great economic depression. Not to mention the agreement that North Korea has with Syria and other countries that if attacked, terrorist sleepers would be activated and cause all kinds of hell to break loose. Like I said, these situations are far more complicated than they appear to be on the surface. Everybody wants to point out that Bush invaded Iraq for oil or to satisfy Israel's zionist goals, but how many people are aware that Saddam was in the process of purchasing tactical nukes from Russia and China? Or that he began to openly court the Taliban and other such groups? Or that Russian Spetznaz was operating within Iraq before, during, and after the invasion?

Quote:
WAKE UP. Obama is just a black Bush who has bought off the American public with free health care - but at what price?
Well, you did get the part right about Obama just being a retread of Bush, albeit with a more left-wing tilt. However, you are wrong about health care. There is nothing "Free" about the new health care bill - you and I are still going to pay far out of the ass for health care, we are just going to be required to use whatever the government decides to ram down our collective throats. The price is going to be gruesome when taxes shoot through the roof and the price for daily purchases matches those of Canada.
Old 05-27-2010, 02:57 AM   #24
Shadowagony

Quote:
You see how even more duped people were? Everyone assumed - US citizens and European commentators - that the US would finally get for itself what most western democratic countries hold to be a fundamental human right, namely the right to free health care from the state.

Since this didn't happen, and Obama seems intent on continuing the Bush Doctrine with all it's sabre rattling, we can quite easily come to the conclusion that he's a front - anyone who honestly thinks this man is anything other than a neoconservative is a fool, and not just any kind of fool: he/she is a fool that was artificiality created by the apparatus of the modern American Media, and as such is incapable of seeing anything other than the carefully devised media presentation that it's so-called "free press" determines it should see. Any other viewpoint that does not take any of these points into consideration is beneath contempt, being naive and limited in it's scope and influences.

Hey, I called it before he even got elected - he's just a smooth talking jackass who is playing on everybody's hatred of Bush. Nobody really questioned his policies or held him to the same standard as his predecessors, they just fell in love with the fact that he kept repeating the same word over and over - CHANGE. Now the honeymoon is over and people are starting to see him for what he is - just another politician who is dirty like the rest. I am really not surprised.
Old 05-27-2010, 03:30 AM   #25
Shadowagony

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-pixie View Post
Conspiracies are a dime a dozen these days, and the government even puts out fake conspiracies to keep the nutjobs busy and force more people into the lunatic fringe. I don't really consider youtube or wiki to be accurate sources, either. To be fair, the accuracy varies depending on the subject matter, but youtube is filled with propaganda videos and the antics of nutjobs (and that is not just in the west), and anybody can alter things in wiki to suit a particular agenda. Most of what is out there concerning government is either political mud throwing or nutjob conspiracies such as the government planning to make people wear radioactive underwear so that they catch cancer and end up pumping more money into the new government run healthcare system, and Israel has something to do with it all, of course. My thing is this, let's say all of the conspiracies are real, that USA is going to invade Iran, etc. etc. - what in the hell are you going to do about it?