Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 05-21-2009, 10:34 PM   #1
AngelikDemonik

What the hell is wrong with my brain?

Anyone good at interpreting dreams? Holy shit.

Two nights ago, I a had a dream that my father killed an ex boyfriend of mine, brought the the body back home, and proceeded to bury it in our backyard to cover it. I don't remember why he killed him, I just remember seeing my ex's dead, lifeless body in our garage. I haven't spoke to this man in YEARS, and the last contact I had with him involved him sending me a shitty messages over MySpace telling me I worship Satan and I need to change my ways (he turned into a religious zealot).

Just about 20 minutes ago, I woke up from an even more disturbing dream. In this dream, I was at work at the hospital, and the man I am currently involved with, came there...but it didn't look like him. It was a very attractive man (my current boy is also very handsome) I've never seen in my life, but he was "Dave". Anyway, he went into a jealous fit over either something a male doctor said to me, or a patient, and starting killing all of my patients....and then I started helping him....by biting and ripping their throats. I remember seeing blood all over my mouth/clothes. No one had seen what we had done, but once we were finished everyone was flipping out trying to figure out why all of these patients were dead and mutilated. The rest is kind of fuzzy, but I remember the both of us being in a room with a patient that we had killed, with a bunch of doctors who were performing autopsies and what not to figure out who killed them. At that point, we decided to ditch town and run. And then I woke up.

I have NEVER had dreams like this, and while I might get upset with my patients, I have never desired to rip their throats out with my bare teeth.

What the hell is going on in my brain??????

http://www.myspace.com/dancemydarling

AIM: ThisIsntSybil
AngelikDemonik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 12:30 AM   #2
Beneath the Shadows

You're lucky. My dreams aren't normally so tame.

last.fm

Help my MiniCity grow
Help my MiniCity's industry
Beneath the Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 12:51 AM   #3
Solumina

Sounds like you are just dealing with a lot of stress, stress can do weird things to your dreams.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 10:54 AM   #4
Still Jack

Glad to hear I'm not the only one with such dreams.
Still Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 05:02 PM   #5
HellforgedX

Your head's broken. Get a new one.
Old 05-22-2009, 06:36 PM   #6
Doctor_Death

You can buy one at ebay.
Doctor_Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 06:54 PM   #7
June

Well... (I'm not a dream interpreter or anything but...) from what I understand of dreams they (can often be) things that they actually aren't. (i.e. the people you are killing aren't people, but are representing something else.)

And also, dreams are you sorting through all the of your thoughts from the day, so maybe they are things that you are subconsiously worried about doing percisly because you would never do them...?

Just thoughts. Please don't take my word for any of this...
June is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 11:00 AM   #8
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
When I have had to take Vicodin (because of my arthritis) I have vivid weird dreams that night.

Yesterday I awoke from a dream where Mrs. Humane and I were invited to a wealthy person's mansion for dinner, ordered from a fantastic menu of all kinds of delicacies at a large table with other wealthy couples, then were invited to see the owner's latest acquisition: in a glass enclosed room inside the mansion was a purebred dwarf grandmother about 2 feet high, and with her her even smaller daughter who was breast feeding a tiny baby the size of a small marsupial. Three generations of breeding to attain tiny women. Out of nowhere my own daughter was there with us too except instead of being 23 she was 3 again. All three of us together with the rest of the invited couples stared at the dwarfs. WTF???

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 03:51 PM   #9
Mr E Nigma

Yeah sometimes meds will make your dreams get kind of crazy.

The whole your father killing your ex. I'd chalk that up to you trying to forget something in the past that you keep thinking about once in awhile. (Not necessarily having to do with your ex or your dad) Just something that you don't really care to keep remembering though it might not be much of a big deal.

And the second bit could just be something you've seen out of a movie or something depicted in a book... Your brain might have remembered that and emulated it for whatever reason. On one or more occasions I've found myself in videogames... with low polygon graphics... Once I was even running around in Diablo 2 and I was fully aware that it was Diablo 2, I even shot myself with a shotty just so i could go back to the start heal up, then reclaim my corpse that I saw on the ground with all my previous equipment.

Anything your brain muscles up is memory really. Even the crazy wild shit, was probably something along the lines of something you've seen before in a movie or elsewhere.

Dreams can't really be interpreted though, so many people can say so many different things and everyone could be right.

I mean hell, I had a dream of being in Medieval England and a blacksmith branded an X on my chest, and I woke up and it felt like my skin in those spots were on fire. Then I went and saw Angels and Demons 2 days later, and I watch a scene in the movie where a guy gets it in the chest with an X shaped brand....

A bunch of my friends were like "Dude... your dream!?!!" But I dunno, so many things happen at the same time, coincidences happen probably happen a shit ton every second throughout the world... them happening in a closer proximity is just a bit more rare.. but I personally don't think it's anything special. 2 people across the planet on countless occasions invented the same thing around the same time. So if you're dream happens to coincide with something, it's simply because you paid more attention to that situation and realized it in your dream, all the while every part of that dream probably had to do with something else.
Old 05-26-2009, 12:22 PM   #10
June

Quote:
I mean hell, I had a dream of being in Medieval England and a blacksmith branded an X on my chest, and I woke up and it felt like my skin in those spots were on fire. Then I went and saw Angels and Demons 2 days later, and I watch a scene in the movie where a guy gets it in the chest with an X shaped brand....
...Strange.
Strage also that in the novella I wrote a little while back one of the characters gets branded on his chest(not with an X but...) in his dream and wakes up with the brand actually on his chest...
June is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 12:24 PM   #11
HumanePain

Lack of sleep does some weird things too:

My mouse pointer hung up and stopped moving, so I lifted the mouse to look underneath and saw the bottom of a Trilobite, segmented legs and everything.

I slammed it down and am now going for a cup of coffee.
Maybe I will go home early today.

Old 06-02-2009, 12:11 PM   #12
Black Inferno

Mr E -I think i can sum up your last paragraph into something called Deja'vu.Where one recalled something in the dream but coincedentally happen in reality after that..
Black Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 02:28 PM   #13
Lord Whiskerton

I once too had an absurd dream. I woke up in my bed to find that my house was empty and somehow had expanded to ten times its original size. I felt like I was being followed and actually got lost in my own home. I escaped my house and ended up running through the streets at night like a madman. I kept on calling out, but no one responded. I was all alone.
Lord Whiskerton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 02:54 AM   #14
Mike Rose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Whiskerton View Post
I once too had an absurd dream. I woke up in my bed to find that my house was empty and somehow had expanded to ten times its original size. I felt like I was being followed and actually got lost in my own home. I escaped my house and ended up running through the streets at night like a madman. I kept on calling out, but no one responded. I was all alone.
I like to try explain dreams, and if anyone else wants some answers as well, I'll gladly try.
Seems to me like you may have somehow felt alone and helpless, about something, maybe lost a close friend or family member, somehow you maybe feel a little respondsible for this loss.
But you just don't know what to do.

Does this sound like something you can relate to? Anyhow I am just trying to help.
Mike Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 05:11 AM   #15
MollyMac

Those were not dreams, and it is more fucked up than you thought.
Old 07-28-2009, 05:13 AM   #16
Mike Rose

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelikDemonik View Post
Anyone good at interpreting dreams? Holy shit.

Two nights ago, I a had a dream that my father killed an ex boyfriend of mine, brought the the body back home, and proceeded to bury it in our backyard to cover it. I don't remember why he killed him, I just remember seeing my ex's dead, lifeless body in our garage. I haven't spoke to this man in YEARS, and the last contact I had with him involved him sending me a shitty messages over MySpace telling me I worship Satan and I need to change my ways (he turned into a religious zealot).

Just about 20 minutes ago, I woke up from an even more disturbing dream. In this dream, I was at work at the hospital, and the man I am currently involved with, came there...but it didn't look like him. It was a very attractive man (my current boy is also very handsome) I've never seen in my life, but he was "Dave". Anyway, he went into a jealous fit over either something a male doctor said to me, or a patient, and starting killing all of my patients....and then I started helping him....by biting and ripping their throats. I remember seeing blood all over my mouth/clothes. No one had seen what we had done, but once we were finished everyone was flipping out trying to figure out why all of these patients were dead and mutilated. The rest is kind of fuzzy, but I remember the both of us being in a room with a patient that we had killed, with a bunch of doctors who were performing autopsies and what not to figure out who killed them. At that point, we decided to ditch town and run. And then I woke up.

I have NEVER had dreams like this, and while I might get upset with my patients, I have never desired to rip their throats out with my bare teeth.

What the hell is going on in my brain??????
The first dreams seems to about that this ex boyfriend did something to you, or maybe learned you something, that you now are looking for in him or other people that you seek in your life, or maybe you just have a good point in time with him you want to remember?

The second maybe speak of a problem with your current or ex boyfriend, something which haven't been talked though, at first you didn't either understand or wanted to talk about it, but as what you did in the dreams tries to tell you that you are ready now.
As for the autopsis, seems to tell that maybe the problem wasn't as big as you have expected it to be, ones you get it talked over.
So hope that will help you.

p.s violence in dreams doesn't mean you wanna be violent in real life, but as above it could talk about being too hard to yourself.
Mike Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 07:07 AM   #17
Lord Whiskerton

I desire to receive a dream in which I am a robust, audacious viking.
Lord Whiskerton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 09:49 AM   #18
alyroi360

... I've had worse. Way, way, WAY worse. I don't really think killing all of your patients is that bad. I had a dream that I popped my three-year-old cousin's eyes out of his head and wore them as jewelery.

About what the other guy said about watching movies and remembering them... I was six when I had a dream about a man with a giant sword and a black, diamond-shaped head who walked through my town and killed everybody, he reminds me, looking back, of Pyramid Head from Silent Hill. I didn't see Silent Hill until I was 14 years old. Try to tell me something about watching tv and remembering it, we didn't watch television in my house back then.
alyroi360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 05:24 PM   #19
the-nihilist

I had this dream I was riding a bicycle, and suddenly I wrecked it, and right before I hit the ground I woke up.
the-nihilist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 07:52 AM   #20
Faeir

The first dream seems to point to the fact that you wish someone else other than you would 'deal with' (seen as murder in your dream) the abuse your ex is giving you. Preferably someone strong, in this case, your father. And then you want to 'bury him' deep within your mind, and just forget about him and everything he said to you etc.

Concerning the second dream, I've no idea. But I'm assuming that in a hospital you would have seen a lot of blood, as well as a lot of horror movies and your subconcious is just going over the information you receive in your daily life. I wouldn't worry about it. As long as you know that in your waking hours you don't plan to rip anyone's throats out, it's fine.
Faeir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 07:19 PM   #21
HumanePain

Quote:
Originally Posted by the-nihilist View Post
I had this dream I was riding a bicycle, and suddenly I wrecked it, and right before I hit the ground I woke up.
Like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkMOQ90purA