Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 10-20-2012, 10:50 PM   #7776
Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
Odinism is specifically the form that arose out of Nazi Germany/the whole "isn't the Aryan race awesome"? thing. Folkish Asatru however while not as blatantly racist, they do believe that you should only follow the religion that you are "genetically" dispositioned to, which is really dumb. Icelandic Asatru is best kind.

I love Norse mythology (...well I guess that's obvious), and for a while I was looking through the different branches of Asatru. I feel like a spiritual person, and it seemed like a good idea to start looking through different religions. As a side note, that never got anywhere and I'm still an atheist.

Anyway, once I came across the racism that exists in some forms I backed off completely. I'm happier just reading the poetic edda.

In an unrelated rant, I have no motivation and I probably failed my stats exam.
Valhalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 12:13 PM   #7777
ape descendant

Fucking Romney/Ryan signs, they're everywhere. It doesn't help that he looks and sounds creepy... creepy uncle Mitt, please just go away..

Be Kind
ape descendant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 02:00 PM   #7778
Saya

A local radio station that is pretty popular has an opinion poll every day. Recently there were a few sexual assaults downtown involving date rrape drugs, and the RNC sent out a warning. Naturally, the Satus of Women rep said women should stay home or not drink, and the local radio station asked "Do you think women and girls do enough to avoid becoming victims of date rrape drugs"?

So this turned into a huge thing with everyone saying sluts get whats coming to them, basically. Doesn't matter its premeditated assault, doesn't matter he obtained the drugs with the explicit intent of assaulting somebody, anybody. Nope, somehow by dressing scantily, a woman sends a ripple through time and makes him buy the drugs.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 03:29 PM   #7779
Solumina

Oh so that's what it said, I saw your post on facebook but by then the question was something about long school bus rides.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 04:03 PM   #7780
Saya

Yeah they took it down and made a fauxpology about it.

Trying to argue about it is like yelling at a wall. There was a long thread about it on the radio's facebook, I commented on it, the coordinator at the sexual assault crisis centre commented about how to get educated about these issues, and then someone saw to see fit on to educate us about how the onus is on the victim not to get targetted because people will always ****.
Old 10-27-2012, 11:55 PM   #7781
Solumina

How do people even get twisted enough to think that shit? Ugh sometimes people make me ill.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 10-28-2012, 05:11 PM   #7782
Miss Absynthe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
...and then someone saw to see fit on to educate us about how the onus is on the victim not to get targetted because people will always ****.
I was going to rage, but I'm just so tired of this shit.
Miss Absynthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 11:45 PM   #7783
Miss Absynthe

Amusing bot is amusing.
Old 10-29-2012, 01:15 PM   #7784
ape descendant

Rpe apology victim blaming... ungh. That shit breaks my heart so hard, I can't rant about it, I just want to go get under the bed covers and cry for every one who's had to suffer over and over again at the hands of these ignorant fucks. One time I was right there when someone did that shit to a fucking rpe victim to her fucking face, like it was nothing.

Be Kind
Old 10-29-2012, 01:41 PM   #7785
Miss Absynthe

I get it a lot, and I've started being more harsh on my call outs.

A friend pointed out to me that when you call someone out on something, they are very rarely going to be educated in that moment because they feel embarrassed and defensive, but the people who are watching the interaction will learn a lot. He also said that the people who are watching the interaction might learn less (or be motivated to think about things less) if you present a clear concise argument as opposed to you talking about how a comment affects you personally, but talk about it in a clear and concise way.

So I tend to say things like "Thanks for your opinion on that.. perhaps if I knew that I could have stopped an assault by dressing differently I wouldn't have worn my school uniform, because honestly it IS ridiculous for a kid to expect an adult to be able to not fuck her."

And when they start back-peddling over that one I follow up with "Ooh.. so we can expect a rrapist to be able to not assault a child, but we can't expect them to not assault an adult? Or do we pretty much agree that it isn't acceptable for a person to rrape anybody. At all. Ever?"
Old 10-29-2012, 06:42 PM   #7786
Saya

The coordinator at the crisis centre has been amazingly diplomatic the whole time, I wish I had her level of patience. And you're right, we should also think of the people who are passively watching rather than talking as well, even if I don't get through the few thick skulls, maybe someone was watching.

A really popular local paper ran a really good article today on the front page about date rrape and shock and horror, actually SPOKE TO a victim and let her have her say and talk about how you can be insanely careful and take every precaution and it can still happen to you, and its not your fault if it does. I gotta say that made me gain some faith. Was written by a dude too.
Old 10-29-2012, 11:09 PM   #7787
Miss Absynthe

This is really interesting.. but HUGE fucking trigger warning -

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/soraya...b_2019338.html
Old 10-31-2012, 04:21 PM   #7788
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
I no longer have a mother. I renounce all such ties to her. She has gone to far, because I denounced what she was saying when she tried forcing her illuminati obama conspiracy pro-romney propoganda on me, she called me gay as an insult, and told me I shouldn't call myself a Catholic. From now on she will be just like any other person to me, if she ever physically attacks me again I will respond in kind to the fullest extent of self defense laws.

Ironic how she says that my political beliefs are the work of the devil, when infact her own words are hateful and seek to divide families up-isolate, conquer, hate-if anything is the goal of the devil, that is most certainly it.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 07:24 PM   #7789
ape descendant

Fuck! That is fucking rough! *hugs* (only if you want them)

Be Kind
Old 11-03-2012, 08:31 PM   #7790
Gilgamesh

I have a Mother like that, except instead of Obama it's Mitt Romney. She's obsessed with the guy and considering how I am extremely pro lgbt rights she has pretty much shunned me from the family and called me a sinner. Fortunately I live with one of my best friends now, and we're room mates. So I don't have to deal with her anymore.
Gilgamesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 06:05 PM   #7791
Fruitbat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ape descendant View Post
Sweet peaches!! BATTY!!!! OMFSM I've MISSED THE FUCK OUT OF YOU!!!
I've missed the fuck out of me too!! I came in here to rant again, but I lost my anger when I saw your words.

Not that I was really angry in the first place, but I do need to reconsider things such as housework, because I do not have the time to do such things. I've already given up watching television, so I can get chores done around the house, and while I'm now dreaming about the TARDIS, it's just not the same as watching Dr Who.

But anyways, I'm so broke that I've got to go back to paid employment. Not that I mind paid employment, but it's just that I have so much unpaid work to do, it's already a struggle.

Oh, I think I just ranted. Wow, that snuck up on me.

Ren Babe, I'm sorry to hear that your mother has been a PITA. Hugs and love babe. Make your own family - it's more fun. I'd adopt you but you'd have to learn to sleep hanging upside down in a tree.

Now I have to get back to real life. Byes.

"Always be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle." - Plato

Help me, I'm holding on for dear life

Fruitbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:01 AM   #7792
Solumina

I really hate that after doing ab workouts I always look bloaty and swollen, lower abs are the worst
-Carbon Leaf
Old 11-06-2012, 10:10 AM   #7793
Miss Absynthe

WHATTHEFUCKISTHISNIGHTTIMEHOTWEATHERCRAPIJUSTCAN'T EVENAJKSADFNASLKFN!! And fucking nightmares as well.
Old 11-06-2012, 02:05 PM   #7794
Timeless Rebellion

I hate how the foundation of my life just turned to shit.(pleasedon'tbanmeforsayingshit)
Sucks, doesn't it?
Forget me not, and keep my memory.
Timeless Rebellion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 07:18 PM   #7795
mindless1

I hate....that.
Old 11-06-2012, 07:18 PM   #7796
mindless1

But I love everything else??
Old 11-06-2012, 07:19 PM   #7797
mindless1

Hey at least i am trying!!!! God darn fuck bullshit *screams in british and runs.*
Old 11-07-2012, 05:01 AM   #7798
Versus

Lol. Hot weather at night. Try over a hundred at 2 AM.
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 10:05 AM   #7799
Miss Absynthe

Yeah.. um. No.

BECAUSE I WOULD DIE.
Old 11-08-2012, 01:41 PM   #7800
MissCheyenne

Two months. That's how long I've had this goddamn chest and throat infection. I'm now starting my third lot of antibiotics after already completing two courses of them and a course of steroids. My G.P doesn't seem all that concerned either which I find quite disturbing as I am clearly not responding to treatment. I would have thought he would want to look further into this since I have been ill for TWO FUCKING MONTHS now.

I am your slice of pie
MissCheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote