Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Politics
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics "Under democracy, one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule -and both commonly succeed, and are right." -H.L. Menken

Old 06-30-2010, 01:23 PM   #476
JCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jochon View Post
I really don't see the difference, maybe you formulated it better than me.
You can't see the difference between not producing inessential items and banning certain items of clothing? If companies suddenly started using an alternative fibre to cotton, does this mean that cotton is banned and people will be arrested for wearing it, like you implied a Marxist state would do to people wearing goth clothing? Of course there's a difference.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 01:27 PM   #477
Jochon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC View Post
You can't see the difference between not producing inessential items and banning certain items of clothing? If companies suddenly started using an alternative fibre to cotton, does this mean that cotton is banned and people will be arrested for wearing it, like you implied a Marxist state would do to people wearing goth clothing? Of course there's a difference.
There is no such thing as a Marxist state, and I were talking about Communisme for the record.
Jochon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 02:06 PM   #478
JCC

Quote:
There is no such thing as a Marxist state, and I were talking about Communisme for the record.
There is no state in communism. Marxism is about the transition to communism, and for that to happen there must be a Marxist state. Don't discuss Marxism and communism if you don't know what they are.
Old 06-30-2010, 02:52 PM   #479
Jochon

Thumbs down

Quote:
There is no state in communism. Marxism is about the transition to communism, and for that to happen there must be a Marxist state. Don't discuss Marxism and communism if you don't know what they are.
I know what they are, and Marxism doesn't work for a society, especially if religion is out of the question.

Communism is very different from Marxism although they both share an ideology.

But I can see that you are not a very pleasent person to discuss with, either because you're a hidden troll, or because you're simply an asshole. Pardon my language.

Either way, I bid you good day.
Old 06-30-2010, 03:26 PM   #480
Still Jack

Don't even try debating a political matter with JCC, not only will you lose badly, you'll also end up with all your limbs amputated at the bottom of a sewage farm. Metaphorically speaking of course...
Old 06-30-2010, 03:37 PM   #481
Jochon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Jack View Post
Don't even try debating a political matter with JCC, not only will you lose badly, you'll also end up with all your limbs amputated at the bottom of a sewage farm. Metaphorically speaking of course...

I'm not debating anymore with him, no.

He's still wrong, though.

By the way, that jacket you have in your picture, that wouldn't happen to be a long coat would it?
Old 06-30-2010, 04:42 PM   #482
Alan

Jochon, why would you want to be a goth when they just want to kill themselves and murder their high school classmates?

You know, because clichés are valid and 'there for a reason'.
real classy
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 02:40 AM   #483
JCC

Quote:
Communism is very different from Marxism although they both share an ideology.

But I can see that you are not a very pleasent person to discuss with, either because you're a hidden troll, or because you're simply an asshole. Pardon my language.
What do you think communism and Marxism are, then? And why am I an asshole? You shouldn't piggyback other people's points and you shouldn't discuss things that you don't understand, these suggestions don't make me an asshole.
Old 07-01-2010, 02:47 AM   #484
Jochon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
Jochon, why would you want to be a goth when they just want to kill themselves and murder their high school classmates?

You know, because clichés are valid and 'there for a reason'.
A clichè is not a stereotype.
Old 07-01-2010, 02:56 AM   #485
Jochon

Quote:
What do you think communism and Marxism are, then? And why am I an asshole? You shouldn't piggyback other people's points and you shouldn't discuss things that you don't understand, these suggestions don't make me an asshole.
Marxism is a dream, a flawed failure of a dream.

Communism is the attempt to make that dream come true, but because you cannot expect a normal person to educate themselves for several years to become a doctor and get payed the same as a dishwasher without even getting any social credit for it, without being bound to a religion.

Therefore they must be forced into these positions, or give up the dream of a 100% equal society.

An stop accusing me of "piggy backing", that's what's making you an asshole.

I found strong similarities in what we both said, and now I regret ever engaging in this discussion.

In my opinion you are nothing but an overly hostile ignorant, I'm ashamed I were about to affiliate myself with you and your opinions.

Enjoy the rest of your life, although I bet it will be a lonely one.

Sincere hatred, Joachim.
Old 07-01-2010, 03:03 AM   #486
JCC

Hahaha, you're fucking nuts.
Old 07-01-2010, 08:59 AM   #487
Alan

Quote:
A clichè is not a stereotype.
I see what your mistake is; or at least one among many.
When I said clichés I meant political clichés. I mean the kind of bullshit that is absolutely untrue but gets repeated so much that idiots cannot form an actual thought-out opinion but rather repeat those 'clichés' like mantras.
Your bullshit about communism is just as true as the bullshit Republicans say about how conservatism means smaller government and more freedom.
A political cliché is not true. Not only was your opinion of "clichés exist for a reason" completely stupid, but it takes a whole new level of stupidity when you're talking about political clichés: they're always wrong.

And to prove that to you, here's something you said:
Quote:
you cannot expect a normal person to educate themselves for several years to become a doctor and get payed the same as a dishwasher without even getting any social credit for it
That wasn't true even in the Soviet Union. So where exactly do you get this bullshit when it's neither part of the theory you admit to know nothing about, nor part of the real world?
real classy
Old 07-08-2010, 01:59 PM   #488
donmara

Here´s a legitimate question.

Does communism allow commerce ?
donmara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 04:27 PM   #489
Razeal18

I was under the impression it doesn't, but ask JCC for confirmation.
Razeal18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 04:41 PM   #490
Alan

Depends on which communism.
real classy
Old 07-10-2010, 02:53 PM   #491
LaBelleDameSansMerci

Didn't Lenin allow trade for things produced in excess of one's quota?

I think the problem with the "Why should I be a doctor when I make the same as a dishwasher?" question that people keep asking is that they forget the enjoyment aspect. Why does someone want to be a doctor? Ideally, it's because they like to solve problems, interact with people, and help them have better lives (at least in my opinion...).
Why do I want to go through rigourous art training to learn how to make a fucking good, technically and compositionally exceptional painting that won't sell readily even though I worked long and hard on and put my soul into when I could make things like Rothko or Warhol or Hirst or something that I can bullshit people into buying for a lot of money? Because that's what I want to do in life.
Those who are not motivated to make something more of themselves, even if they don't get any more monetary reward for it, will become dishwashers. Those who want to do something they enjoy will become doctors (or whatever profession they want to be).
Like a tea-tray in the sky.

LaBelleDameSansMerci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 08:59 AM   #492
Razeal18

Sounds like a valid point. but on the flip side are there enough people who legitimatly know what will make them happy, without money being a factor?
Old 07-17-2010, 10:50 AM   #493
KontanKarite

Quote:
But is is a matter of private enterprise, because niche interests exist only when there is a market for them that can sustain the industry; if the government takes control of industry then it's incredibly unlikely that it will cater to niche interests like goth clothing, which was part of the question about what happens to luxury items in a Marxist state. You would be allowed to wear it, yes, but where will it be produced for you to do so?
Well, that goes into a whole other direction of what we deem to be self expression. I wasn't implying anything about goth in the least.

Those that desire to express themselves will find a way. Art and expression doesn't cleave to industry.

Simply put, I wasn't talking about luxury items. I think my point has been missed.

Besides... fuck luxury items.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 08:22 AM   #494
Jochon

Quote:
Originally Posted by KontanKarite View Post
Well, that goes into a whole other direction of what we deem to be self expression. I wasn't implying anything about goth in the least.

Those that desire to express themselves will find a way. Art and expression doesn't cleave to industry.

Simply put, I wasn't talking about luxury items. I think my point has been missed.

Besides... fuck luxury items.
OK, I've been gone for a while now and accidentally stumbled upon this thread again (I swore to a number of Gods that I wouldn't so I guess I'm screwed) and I noticed that you wrote "fuck luxury items"..

Excuse me but aren't you using a computer?

Hypocrite...
Old 07-18-2010, 10:30 AM   #495
Alan

How is a computer a luxury item?
A luxury item is one whose price increases heavily without really improving its use. A luxury item is a status symbol; not a soundly economic useful item.

He's not a hypocrite; you just don't know what you're talking about.
real classy
Old 07-18-2010, 11:51 AM   #496
KontanKarite

Jochan... go away.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 10:15 PM   #497
ssj_goku

KILL Microsoft!
ssj_goku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 08:00 AM   #498
Razeal18

Save Microsoft kill mac
Old 07-25-2010, 05:00 PM   #499
Hearts_Purple

I think Capitalism is what's wrong with America. Fuckin' grammar Nazis!
Hearts_Purple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 06:03 PM   #500
ssj_goku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razeal18 View Post
Save Microsoft kill mac
NoWAI!

Micro$oft wants to RULE THE WORLD.

i guess macs are okay...stev jobs looks leik he's frm star trek.
ssj_goku is offline   Reply With Quote