Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 11-22-2008, 05:08 PM   #51
Albert Mond

http://moviesgallery.oneindia.in/mai...serialNumber=2 Got Gul?
Albert Mond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 11:54 PM   #52
$haDe

Utho, I'm a highschool student.

Helpmann chose the right target, dude.

He can't take on Jillian, PinstripesAndPithHelmets , Saya or HumanePain.
Old 11-23-2008, 11:21 AM   #53
Utho

@Shade
You probably triggered him by causing "bad" feelings. Do girls like you? - Can you be a bitch? - This may be it.

By hitting on you, after you made sure that you´ve had enough - he triggered me. Generally I tend to favour sorta "victorian" style of conversation, because a respectful conversation with others seems appropriate;but I am not at all restricted to being polite.

In my eyes most (interesting) characters that make up that what is called "goth-scene", are ppl with (more or less) unresoved issues, that are seeking some sorta refuge in a sub-culture.
When - then - some soft-balled hero tries to pick on the weakest ones he can find, this triggers me.

And I think it´s kinda sad. Because the person in question seems to be quite bright. - Actually I wouldn´t be largely surprised to find high intelligence as major part of his approach to the world in general, it is often the truly bright people that freak out/de-socialize like this.

At one point I noticed him contributing a highly relevant fact to a discussion which had turned into an ideological trench-fight; a fact I deem essential to the question that was under debate. But he did it in a pretty antisocial way, and thus deminished the value of his contribution.

@Helpman

Your big types impressed me from the beginning. - Same as with your attitude.

`Know what? - People may get your points some day/place - when you approach them, like you would want to be approached by them.

Clawing at everthing you can reach does not cure the agony - and it does not take away the hurt.

Teasing "ants" does not make you god, it just exposes you as an individual with remarkable social deficits/issues.
But please, I am sure you were not born as smelly as y´re conducting y´rself now, give y´r anger to ppl that deserve it - and not to ppl that share the same sub-culutre with you.
Doing this, brings no really lasting good feelings for you - and has no perspectives but to show that one part of yourself has become pretty hard/disappointed/f##ked. You know this, so do the people here.

Shade is not the cause of your problem, neither am I or (I suspect) any other of the members of this place. Focus your energy on your real life - and get it sorted in a way that suits you.
Utho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 04:48 PM   #54
Jonathan

Sir. Helpmann:

Are you familiar with the term noblesse oblige?
I would be curious about your thoughts regarding that concept.

Best Regards
Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 04:51 PM   #55
Sir. Helpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utho
@Shade
You probably triggered him by causing "bad" feelings. Do girls like you? - Can you be a bitch? - This may be it.

By hitting on you, after you made sure that you´ve had enough - he triggered me. Generally I tend to favour sorta "victorian" style of conversation, because a respectful conversation with others seems appropriate;but I am not at all restricted to being polite.

In my eyes most (interesting) characters that make up that what is called "goth-scene", are ppl with (more or less) unresoved issues, that are seeking some sorta refuge in a sub-culture.
When - then - some soft-balled hero tries to pick on the weakest ones he can find, this triggers me.

And I think it´s kinda sad. Because the person in question seems to be quite bright. - Actually I wouldn´t be largely surprised to find high intelligence as major part of his approach to the world in general, it is often the truly bright people that freak out/de-socialize like this.

At one point I noticed him contributing a highly relevant fact to a discussion which had turned into an ideological trench-fight; a fact I deem essential to the question that was under debate. But he did it in a pretty antisocial way, and thus deminished the value of his contribution.

@Helpman

Your big types impressed me from the beginning. - Same as with your attitude.

`Know what? - People may get your points some day/place - when you approach them, like you would want to be approached by them.

Clawing at everthing you can reach does not cure the agony - and it does not take away the hurt.

Teasing "ants" does not make you god, it just exposes you as an individual with remarkable social deficits/issues.
But please, I am sure you were not born as smelly as y´re conducting y´rself now, give y´r anger to ppl that deserve it - and not to ppl that share the same sub-culutre with you.
Doing this, brings no really lasting good feelings for you - and has no perspectives but to show that one part of yourself has become pretty hard/disappointed/f##ked. You know this, so do the people here.

Shade is not the cause of your problem, neither am I or (I suspect) any other of the members of this place. Focus your energy on your real life - and get it sorted in a way that suits you.
The "ants" comment demonstrates to me clearly that you have been keeping an eye on me, and I respect and love that fact.

However...

Great ideas often receive violent opposition from mediocre minds. Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.
Sir. Helpmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 05:23 PM   #56
Neurasthenis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir. Helpmann

However...

Great ideas often receive violent opposition from mediocre minds. Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.
Attacking weaklings over the Internet is far from being a great idea. Their reaction may be comical, however, but that doesn't change from the fact that this is merely a show of lesser importance to the audience.

I had a few laughs from reading most of your's and Eclipse's intellectual rants in older threads. However I'm starting to believe you truly are lacking self-esteem by associating rudeness toward Internet morons with wisdom and strength. You had a good start and enough 'charismatic' humor, keep it that way. Don't disappoint us by acting like such a douche bag now.

That also means; stop pulling those 'strength' quotes. They're just as irrelevant. Psychological strength will never associate with Internet rants where you have plenty of time to improvise your moves, in a society where we are gifted with the luxury of social self-sufficiency, individualism. True strength, in our modern times, fits in another context.

Just my advice.
Neurasthenis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 05:57 PM   #57
Jonathan

I don't think it has anything to do with self-esteem, that is a flawed premise. I'm going to guess that it is for personal entertainment.

Helpmann is not an idiot. Some of the people clinging to his coat-tails aren't really doing a lot for his image, but the lad isn't stupid.

I do agree that picking soft targets and low hanging fruit isn't a particularly inspiring show of strength - making emotionally fragile people upset doesn't really require a lot of effort.
Old 11-23-2008, 06:01 PM   #58
MollyMac

If not for the low-hanging, massive, neon-flickering targets, he'd never have any success at all.
Old 11-23-2008, 06:32 PM   #59
Neurasthenis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan
I don't think it has anything to do with self-esteem, that is a flawed premise. I'm going to guess that it is for personal entertainment.
If him talking about strength and bravery in the way he does was a joke for his own entertainement, then I would agree. But the fact that he seems to be serious about it isn't convincing. Or I either fall for sarcasm traps too easily.
Neurasthenis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 06:34 PM   #60
Jonathan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neurasthenis
If him talking about strength and bravery in the way he does was a joke for his own entertainement, then I would agree. But the fact that he seems to be serious about it isn't convincing. Or I either fall for sarcasm traps too easily.
If that is really the case, I would reccomend watching more british humor.
It is like injecting horse steroids into your sarcasm appreciation gland.
Old 11-23-2008, 06:40 PM   #61
Draconysius

Quote:
Dear, never forget one little point. It's my business. You just post here. The dignity of man requires obedience to a higher law, to the strength of the spirit.

When I dare to be powerful, to use my strength in the service of my vision, then it becomes less and less important whether I am hurting anyone or not. The stronger has the right to carry through what he wills. Only force rules. Force is the first law

Whatever goal I have reached is due to my originality plus my brutality. My strategy is to destroy the enemy from within, to conquer him through himself.
Become a freemason. At least they'd give a shit.
Draconysius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 08:04 PM   #62
AngelikDemonik

Quote:
The "ants" comment demonstrates to me clearly that you have been keeping an eye on me, and I respect and love that fact.

However...

Why does this and anything else you have to say sound like, oh I don't know...a line from a Chuck Palahniuk book?

Take your theories or whatever they are, put them to use and write a book...don't post them on a forum.

http://www.myspace.com/dancemydarling

AIM: ThisIsntSybil
AngelikDemonik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 08:14 PM   #63
Sir. Helpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelikDemonik
Why does this and anything else you have to say sound like, oh I don't know...a line from a Chuck Palahniuk book?

Take your theories or whatever they are, put them to use and write a book...don't post them on a forum.
Build a better mousetrap and the world will beat a path to your door.
Old 11-24-2008, 06:05 PM   #64
Jonathan

Staple two birds together.
Though they have four wings, they cannot fly.
Old 11-24-2008, 06:09 PM   #65
SKULHEDFACE

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelikDemonik

I have to say that I disagree with you and won't stand to watch you attempt to rob me of Helpmann's intelligent PSA's.

I challenge you to a gentleman's duel. To the death. You are mine at sunrise.
SKULHEDFACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 01:18 PM   #66
Hades

Just occured to me as i was reading that other post that two of those coin-people have in their signatures... this trio reminds me of the villains in Superman 2 LOL... in the... lame-looking, bad, campy way, when they're walking together all puffed up xD
And no, i am not relating the villains' uber-strength to anything here, nor any potential coolness that they achieve in comics. Just the movie trio that kind of looked ridiculous
Hades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 02:24 PM   #67
Beneath the Shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan
Staple two birds together.
Though they have four wings, they cannot fly.
They can if it's a hummingbird stapled to a condor.

last.fm

Help my MiniCity grow
Help my MiniCity's industry
Beneath the Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 04:20 PM   #68
Sir. Helpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hades
Just occured to me as i was reading that other post that two of those coin-people have in their signatures... this trio reminds me of the villains in Superman 2 LOL... in the... lame-looking, bad, campy way, when they're walking together all puffed up xD
And no, i am not relating the villains' uber-strength to anything here, nor any potential coolness that they achieve in comics. Just the movie trio that kind of looked ridiculous
You're just too good to be true.
Can't take my eyes off you.
You'd be like Heaven to touch.
I wanna hold you so much.
At long last love has arrived
And I thank God I'm alive.
Old 12-07-2008, 08:31 AM   #69
Hades

Quote:
You'd be like Heaven to touch.
I wanna hold you so much.
At long last love has arrived
And I thank God I'm alive.

Aww it's okay to love me get in line! Over there, with the people who are as deliciously, wickedly, awesomely and totally cool and smart and zomfg AWESUM as you are. I'm sure you'll conquer my heart and soul soon, and hey, probably the world too
Hades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 08:46 AM   #70
Man In Room 5

I've been thinking of some names we can give the coin-crew so that we don't have to type all their names when we address them collectively. It should be something insulting but also funny--and since this is gnet it should sound dark and sinister. So, if Helpman and friends will be so humble as to kneel before me I will--by the power vested in me--dub thee

The Crew of Spite*

Consider it my gift to you. Of course, it's my term and they can't use it themselves without my express written permission. The rest of gnet can use it whenever they want though.

(*Members of the Crew of Spite will have to find a literate friend to explain to them the literary reference contained therein which makes this title humorous.)
Man In Room 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 08:55 AM   #71
Necrophagist

This is what Helpmann did at school. He established the coin - gang.

I am the Antiproduct!

There is, they say, no fool like an old fool - Golding.

" All the war-propaganda, all the screaming and lies and hatred, comes invariably from people who are not fighting." - Orwell.
Necrophagist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 09:19 AM   #72
JCC

Give up.
Really.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 09:55 AM   #73
tekajo

When Helpmann posted that clip of Withnail and I it was as though i had an epiphany. Henceforth i viewed these cats' antics as highly theatrical, albeit sometimes a bit vicious, yet always chock full of comedic value so i dubbed them The Withnail Comedy Troupe.

It is delusional to honestly think that by incessantly insulting them that they will go away or "play nice".

Nevertheless, please do continue. It helps me smile.

(Maybe epiphany is too strong a word.)
tekajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 11:14 AM   #74
Necrophagist

JCC - you're Irish, and look like a ******. Nuff said.

I am the Antiproduct!

There is, they say, no fool like an old fool - Golding.

" All the war-propaganda, all the screaming and lies and hatred, comes invariably from people who are not fighting." - Orwell.
Necrophagist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 11:29 AM   #75
Scrumptious Bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necrophagist
JCC - you're Irish, and look like a ******. Nuff said.
You know what the most pathetic thing about all this is?

You so desperately want to be like the people you try and attack, attempting at any given opportunity to sound witty and a smart ass.... but the truth is you're too young for it.

You are inexperienced, lacking in character and profoundly retarded.

Give it a few years, and perhaps you may garner for yourself a modicum of cool.

But I highly doubt it - I for one wasn't such a total fucking weed when I was your age.
Scrumptious Bitch is offline   Reply With Quote