Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 09-06-2011, 04:40 AM   #1
TheDarkCryLove

the AutoBoigraphy of TheDarkCryLove

Q1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job)
A. I am a Student, My hobbies are Playing Piano, Guitar (bass, acoustic and electric) and singing. Other hobbies include Drawing and Painting, Reading and Writing novels and poetry and of course.. being romantic.

Q2. Where are you from?
A. I am from the lake District, Cumbria, England.

Q3. Who is your favorite author?
A. there are many authors I like, they vary from Lauren Kate to Shin Takahashi, Shonen Jump to J.K Rowling, Shakespeare to Tatamkhulu Afrika. there is a large variety.

Q4. What are your favorite films?
A. Again there are many Films, of course there are classics like Dracula and Frankenstein, then there are Shakespeare films, one of my Favorited Films is a romance/tragedy called SAIKANO.

Q5. What music do you want played at your wedding?
Classical music, Melodic-al Music, Eerie music. Take your pick.

Q6. At your funeral?
A. Probably the same as my wedding, maybe more mournful, but both are joyous days.

Q7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die?
A. A bullet Through my heart, so I can feel it ache again and i can keep eternal Youth.

Q8. What kind of casket would you want?
A. I would rather be chromated and used as fertiliser for a rose or Lilly or thrown into a Lotus Pond.

Q9. What's your FAVORITE outfit?
A. you don't expect me to have a favourite outfit do you? there are different ones for different occasions.

Q10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid?
A. The Innocent View on the World.

Q11. What's your favorite band?
A. depends on my mood. I enjoy Black Veil Brides and My Chemical Romance when I am Angry, but I find evanescence and Night-wish to be more soothing, and then Flyleaf, Abingdon Boy School and Girugamesh when I am in a good mood.

Q12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major?
A. education where I am is satisfactory, I have 3 career aspects for the future; Gothic-al Architecture, musical design/Luthier or Veterinary Science.

Q13. Why did you join?
A. too many Chavs on Facebook and I wanted to talk to people like me, it is lonely where I am, there are not many Goths.

Q14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender?
A. I am a Male.
TheDarkCryLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 04:41 AM   #2
TheDarkCryLove

Please enlighten me on your views towards me.
Old 09-06-2011, 09:52 AM   #3
Alan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkCryLove View Post
Q1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job)
.. being romantic.
What the shit does that even mean?

Quote:
A. there are many authors I like, they vary from Lauren Kate to Shin Takahashi, Shonen Jump to J.K Rowling, Shakespeare to Tatamkhulu Afrika. there is a large variety.
We didn't ask you what authors you like. We asked you which is your favorite. Surely you must know there's a god damn difference between Shakespeare and.... Shonen Jump. How can you even place them on the same level?

Quote:
Q13. Why did you join?
A. too many Chavs on Facebook and I wanted to talk to people like me, it is lonely where I am, there are not many Goths.
Ah, you're gonna be one of those judgmental 'goths' that even focuses on 'subcategories' of goth as exemplified on another thread, huh?
Kid, you didn't even mention Bauhaus or anything on your bands. You're not a goth.
real classy
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 10:05 AM   #4
TheDarkCryLove

being romantic is a hobby, deciding what to do, planning, what to where, how to behave ect.

i said there are many authors i like because i do not love any author, and i said shakes spear to shonen to signify the diversity of books/manga that i read not comparing them

is there anything wrong with wanting to find more people like you when there are so little of them where i am? and yes there are sub genera's of goth, those who do not accept that there is diversity aren't goth because those sub genres diverge into even more for each individual person

just because i haven't heard of this 'baures' band doesn't mean i am not goth, goths have a huge diversity not just to what you think is goth, you are stereotyping goths as one type as main-streamers do.

do you wish to rail me up more with you ignorance?
you need to learn how to understand a txt
Old 09-06-2011, 10:12 AM   #5
Alan

Nope. You clearly try too hard.
I'm sorry, but aren't you the one telling everyone else 'exactly' what goth is by telling that girl "hmm, yeah, you're a loli goth, period" ?
And how much diversity do you get when you procclaim that there are an exact and finite number of types of goth and that's it? You know, instead of someone unique just saying "hmm, well, I do like Sisters of Mercy and The Cure, so I guess you could call me a goth."

NO! For you it's "oh my god! I want to be a goth but which one should I choose? I know! I'll dress exactly like a cybergoth! OMG so much diversity!"
real classy
Old 09-06-2011, 10:13 AM   #6
TheDarkCryLove

A loli goth is a child goth, how moronic are you!?
Old 09-06-2011, 10:28 AM   #7
Alan

Yeah, it's not. I have to leave now, but I'll allow everyone else to flame this kid. Someone needs to teach him to stop being such a little shit.
real classy
Old 09-06-2011, 10:33 AM   #8
TheDarkCryLove

fuck of my forum, you are just a posing mainstreamer who thinks he 'knows goth'
Old 09-06-2011, 01:22 PM   #9
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Quote:
being romantic is a hobby, deciding what to do, planning, what to where, how to behave ect.

i said there are many authors i like because i do not love any author, and i said shakes spear to shonen to signify the diversity of books/manga that i read not comparing them

is there anything wrong with wanting to find more people like you when there are so little of them where i am? and yes there are sub genera's of goth, those who do not accept that there is diversity aren't goth because those sub genres diverge into even more for each individual person

just because i haven't heard of this 'baures' band doesn't mean i am not goth, goths have a huge diversity not just to what you think is goth, you are stereotyping goths as one type as main-streamers do.

Kid, you've likely only known about goth for a few years at most, you weren't even alive for it's first two decades, you are in absolutely no position to be lecturing on goth. It doesn't matter what your little playground friends say goth is, its not what you've been saying it is. Sure there are sub catagories of goth, but that only applies to the clothing, there are no sub genres of goth music.

You are the definition of an insolent child. You remind me of little kids who say they're tough and can beat up high school seniors. You've likely only known about goth for a year or two max, and have likely only been able to read the word goth itself for barely more than that. Some of our members have been part of the goth subculture, for decades(a decade is 10 years).

Your music choices have nothing to do with goth,and in fact are all mainstream bands that people many times are fooled into thinking are goth. The mainstream has made a sucker out of you little boy.

Also a loli goth isn't a child goth, loligoth is a sort of cutesy sort of goth fashon. A child goth is a baby bat.

Finally this isn't you're forum, you're brand new, and so far we've seen no reason to welcome you here. You have thus far only been an annoyance, and not a very good one either. If you're going to be welcomed here, you're going to have to start apologizing for the disrespect you've shown. If you don't I'm going to REALLY start treating you like the child you are.

Then again you might simply be a troll, in which case I'll just toy around with you.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 01:34 PM   #10
Renatus

Gah I really didn't look over my post much, oh well, so far this kid hasn't proven he deserves proof read posts.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Old 09-06-2011, 04:18 PM   #11
Beowulf

Hello and welcome, I hope you enjoy your time here !!!.
live the gods of yesterday.

Be excellent to one another !!!.
Beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 04:53 PM   #12
Solumina

Can't tell if this is a troll or just extremely stupid.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 06:21 AM   #13
Ben Lahnger

Quote:
This doesn't sound like a hobby to me. It sounds like planning a date. And "what to where?" ... really? REALLY?

Quote:
This is just shameful.

Quote:
You. Do. Not. Know. What. You. Are. Talking. About.

Quote:
Saying you are knowledgeable about Gothic culture but don't know who Bauhaus are is like saying you're a fan of science-fiction but don't know what Star Wars is or you're a fan of English literature but don't know who Shakespeare is.

Quote:
Someone who posts with the atrocious grammar, spelling and punctuation that you've exhibited here and elsewhere in this forum should not be calling anyone else ignorant. You've also demonstrated your abysmal lack of comprehensive knowledge of Gothic culture and history here and elsewhere in these forums while lecturing people here, some of whom have been Gothic for longer than you've been alive, on what is or isn't Gothic ... and doing so badly.

I'm not Gothic ... not at all ... but I've been hanging out here since early 2006 because some of these Gothic types are quite interesting. And I've learned a lot. The most important thing I've learned is that most of them resent the hell out of it when people try to peg them with some category of sub-type.

Oh yeah, and about this:

Quote:
A loli goth is a child goth, how moronic are you!?
Loli Goth is NOT what you say it is.

Wikipedia

Urban Dictionary

WikiHow

TVtropes

Loli Goth is a fashion style, not a description of age or experience, how moronic are you!?

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 07:53 AM   #14
Grausamkeit

Quote:
fuck of my forum, you are just a posing mainstreamer who thinks he 'knows goth'
This makes me laugh.

Yeah, Jill, you're such a mainstream poseur, dude! Fuck off with your Southern Death Cult and Dead Fly Ensemble! I bet you listen to Premature Ejaculation and Voodoo Church, too!

DarkFlyLovin', quit being stupid, dude. If experience in the subculture was dick size, you'd run screaming from this forum.

...I've been accused of folly by a fool. ~Antigone

Grausamkeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 08:03 AM   #15
MissCheyenne

I seriously hope I wasn't this stupid and arrogant when I was first starting to find my merry little way through the many types of alternative music and fashions. I know everyone has that little moment when they think no one could ever possibly be as cool and alternative as them but seriously, what the fuck is this shit?

I am your slice of pie
MissCheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 08:46 AM   #16
Grausamkeit

It's mostly insecurity. I was pretty insecure when I first joined up as Wolfmoon, so I can understand. I just don't like it when people are stubborn when we're trying to educate them. If I had a dick, I'd probably go to jail for slapping stupid people in the face with it.....hmmmm, is that penis envy?

...I've been accused of folly by a fool. ~Antigone

Grausamkeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 11:41 AM   #17
Spooky Spencer

That wikihow is hilarious. It reads like school science film. "Being Goth and You."

The room decorating tips are fun, too.

Best parts: don't over do it with the black spray paint, and "goth and messy aren't a good combination."
Spooky Spencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 07:04 PM   #18
Ben Lahnger

Yep, I found much there that amused me.

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Old 09-07-2011, 08:32 PM   #19
Renatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger View Post
Saying you are knowledgeable about Gothic culture but don't know who Bauhaus are is like saying you're a fan of science-fiction but don't know what Star Wars is or you're a fan of English literature but don't know who Shakespeare is.
To be fair, Star Wars isn't really science fiction, it's actually a space opera. Star Trek or Star Gate SG1 are science fiction.

Old 09-08-2011, 12:51 AM   #20
Ben Lahnger

Ren, while technically Star Wars is space fantasy, everyone considers it (and Flash Gordon and Edgar Rice Burroughs' "John Carter" stories and C. S. Lewis' "Out of the Silent Planet") to be in the broad category of science fiction. And Star Trek is given too much credit for being "hard science-fiction."
"It's been said that science fiction and fantasy are two different things; science-fiction the improbable made possible, fantasy the impossible made probable."
— Rod Serling, The Twilight Zone, Season 3, Episode 90, "The Fugitive"
Quote:
Even if we could clearly tell the improbable from the impossible, that wouldn't be enough. Star Trek is SciFi despite having seemingly impossible Psychic Powers and heaping amounts of Applied Phlebotinum (the transporter in particular is way out there); earthborn dragons are fantasy, most of the time, despite being merely improbable, not impossible.
Quote:
Part of the problem is that Science Fiction and Fantasy are both actually loose clusters of genres. It's not possible to draw a simple sliding scale between the two because it would need to have a dozen endpoints. Nor are they the only unrealistic genres; Alternate History is neither, but has fuzzy borders with both. Add the Horror and War genres and you'd need both impossible science and magic to draw a map.
Source - TV Tropes

As the article states at the end, it's no wonder book stores have combined science-fiction/fantasy sections.

Now stop muddying the waters here, please! LOL!

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,