Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 07-04-2007, 08:37 AM   #1
DeathChii

Depersonalization =[

I have been suffering from depersonalization for a week now:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Depersonalization [incase you don't know what that is]
I am now at the point where I am afraid it won't go away, and I will go completeley insane. Please, if any of you have ever suffered from it, or know anything about it and can give me some advice? Or if you just want to give me and e-hug that's cool too... It's really scary and I don't feel like I am in my own body or understand what is happening around me. When I look down at my own hands It is the scariest thing... Everything looks kinda blurry and I feel as if I am floating, but also like I am really big... it's strange... it's like being high except my mind it doesn't make you happy =\ I tried to just 'enjoy' it but it won't go away and it is very traumitizing. I can't understand the relationships I have or what I am doing, or who I am =[ anyway... um... sorry if I am rambling, I can't consintrate well enough to keep the best of conversations ^^;;
From trashing this way and that
Its white tusks
Through human beings
Like crackling stalks
And to nothing less
I offer this suffering of my father
"The Offering" - Stan Rice
DeathChii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 08:51 AM   #2
Methadrine

Talk to people in real life. They tend to break the illusion since you can interact with them.

*and an e-hug*

"Meow. Mew. Mrow. Maow? Miaox." - Lovely Delkaetre speaks cat.
Methadrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 09:39 AM   #3
mindless1

I get it too. I get so freaked out because I have trouble staying in myself and not completely becoming someone else. I have a fear that if I am too absorbed in something external it will overcome me. My personality is confusing. I don't even know if I have one. Im very apathetic. So yea, I know it's hard.
Old 07-04-2007, 09:59 AM   #4
Delicate_Torture

Unplug your computer and go outside to interact with real life.

Go and talk to a doctor or therapist about it.

Don't get your psychiatrict advice or diagnoses from Wikipedia.
Old 07-04-2007, 10:55 AM   #5
DeathChii

I wasn't getting advice, I was just giving you guys a link to better understand it [incase you didn't] ^^
I've had it for over a week, and I've been interacting alot,don't worry. It's only that I don't feel more real whilst doing this, just more afraid =\ I actually feel more relaxed and at ease listening to music/going on the computer/ and watching TV. Because I feel more normal. When interacting with others and the outside world, I just seem to realise how much more fucked up I am. I do have plans of making an appointment with a phyciatrist asap ^^
Its white tusks
Through human beings
Like crackling stalks
And to nothing less
Old 07-04-2007, 11:22 AM   #6
DeathChii

I would also like to add that if you can please refrain from saying anything rude or flaming this thread I would greatly appreciate it ^^
It makes me anxious, and in turn, this ... 'trip' a lot worse =[
Its white tusks
Through human beings
Like crackling stalks
And to nothing less
Old 07-04-2007, 12:31 PM   #7
Tismine

Aw, Chii-chan. Go talk to people. ^^
I get it all the time, except I usually don't care. <thus the reason I am literally insane -_-;;>
But seriously. If it happens, breathe, tell yourself what it is, and go find someone to talk to. just make sure they aren't an ax murderer.

*e-hug*
Tismine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 12:36 PM   #8
DeathChii

lol thank you ^^
Will it ever go away? =[ Or does it like come and go? How does it work? I mean for the past week I've had it weeker and stronger, but not fully gone. It's not that I CARE, I somewhat enjoy it, I am just scared it will last forever. It's only when I get anxiety attacks, and I am in this situation, that I get really scared ^^;
Its white tusks
Through human beings
Like crackling stalks
And to nothing less
Old 07-04-2007, 12:41 PM   #9
Tismine

Mine comes and goes. It's really frequent for maybe a month or two, then it goes *poof* for a couple months. But then again, I have quite a few mental disorders, so that might be what's effecting it. It's usually around when my schizophrenia's and Bipolar disorders are the strongest. Seeing as you don't have schizophrenia....
It'll probably go away. I'm not positive on that, so talk to your doctor.
<don't know how it works. It's one of the less severe things that happens to me, so I ignore it. ^_^>

EDIT: I just saw who it's most prominent in. >_<
Tismine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 12:42 PM   #10
DeathChii

Yeah, plus I think mine is more of a drug withdrawl than a mental issue. Hopefully it will go away soon ^^ Anyway, I plan to see a doctor asap so it's all good. Thank youzzzz ^____^ -hugglez- <3
Its white tusks
Through human beings
Like crackling stalks
And to nothing less
Old 07-04-2007, 02:09 PM   #11
PutridLily

It sounds like something I described in my journal a while back, only I'm not shure if it's the same thing, 'overwhelming-morbid-atmospheric-disorientation' was how I put it. The furniture and objects in the room seemed to become more prominent and awkward and the atmosphere tragic and obtrusive. It went away by itself, but it occasionally comes back to visit.
PutridLily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 02:49 PM   #12
mindless1

i would feel normal if there was anyone around here to talk to...
Old 07-04-2007, 04:25 PM   #13
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Thanks for the link to wikipedia, but now I'm worried I'm either a hypocondriac or am experiencing Depersonalization, Dissociation, as well as an unknown level of mania. I'm also going through a rather high level of paranoia, with the running theory that almost everyone on my msn messanger is conspiring against me.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 04:52 PM   #14
Godslayer Jillian

Everyone has experienced this, but it's only a disorder if it's a recurring feeling.
Speaking not of psychology but of philosophy, you must be experiencing a solipsist view of reality, where you believe nothing is really real, but it's just real only as far as that it goes through your mind.
Personally, I would tell you to study some philosophy; know about solipsism, existentialism, absurdism, relativism, subjectivism...
You won't understand why you feel the way you feel, but you might either change that perspective of reality or accept that perspective of reality without freaking out.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 05:11 PM   #15
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Yeah I'll definatly have to bring this up to my theapist then, but thanks.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 05:19 PM   #16
Crying_Crimson_Tears

I have that too. I understand how it feels. And for so long I have been wondering what this was, and now I know. But sometimes interacting with people just doesn't cut it. Talking with a shrink will help and being on medications can help too. I know someone who went through this and having them there and them knowing what I have been through has helped so much. So find someone who knows this feeling. I hope you can get through this.

-Zach Galifianakis
Crying_Crimson_Tears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 06:20 PM   #17
Godslayer Jillian

If someone doesn't know how this might feel, watch this video (maximize it so it covers your screen) and imagine it is all of Reality.
For people that have experienced it and like the feeling, do the same.
But for the people that do get anxious, it might not be good to see it unless you first acknowledge it's just a camera effect.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=r4EZ5rAs2...elated&search=

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 06:27 PM   #18
DeathChii

It's nice to see I am not the only one =[
How long do these things usually last??? It's been a week now... I'm hoping it goes away soon... It's not going to last forever right? that's impossible?
Its white tusks
Through human beings
Like crackling stalks
And to nothing less
Old 07-04-2007, 06:41 PM   #19
Crying_Crimson_Tears

I don't know. For me it's been lasting about 2 months now. I hope it goes away. It does for me. It's gone away, but it can come back, like it does with me.

-Zach Galifianakis
Old 07-04-2007, 06:48 PM   #20
Aaroneet

I don't know that I could fully identify with this, but I do have spells, sometimes after experiencing loss or stress, in which I feel apathetic. I had this when I was thirteen for the entire school year. I had trouble connecting with friends, and I was, overall, in a state of disconnection from my surroundings. Sometimes, when I needed to play guitar in front of my music class, I would get that 'detatched' feeling and would be unable to play. There are still moments when I step back for a moment, and it is as though I am looking at myself through different eyes, but that, I feel, is fairly normal.
Old 07-04-2007, 06:55 PM   #21
Crying_Crimson_Tears

I know the exact feeling, and right around the same age it happened to me. It away for a couple years and now I'm 15 and it's back.

-Zach Galifianakis
Old 07-04-2007, 07:02 PM   #22
Seektoamplify

Yeah it's happened to me too, several times, usually over a span of about 1-3 weeks. It has been so bad for me that I had to decline driving a few times, because I couldn't stay focused on the road, or might do something really really bad. It was really bad for me, there are a few things that have helped me out:

-being busy (yes, heard before, but it does work)
-Exercise helps (causes good chemicals in the brain to make you feel good)
-hobbies (cycling, and paintball helped me, also helps out the being busy part)

There are other things, like trying religion, but I have'nt done that.
Seektoamplify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 07:57 PM   #23
Graveyard.Crow

I actually had been diagnosed by a psychaetrist and he said I have Depersonalization. Of course right away he offered a shiny tube of pills that will make ALL OF MY PROBLEMS GO AWAY, however I've decided that I'm not letting some pill mess with my brain. Seemingly I don't "suffer" from it anymore because it doesn't feel like suffering. I use it to write things and enhance my imagination which makes it go from scary to kind of nice. However it's not always like that and the best thing I have found was to sit down and kind of ground yourself. Tell your own brain what you want fixed and connect with yourself. Oh and don't take pills. The side effects are usually worst than the disorder itself.
Old 07-04-2007, 08:37 PM   #24
DeathChii

Ok, the best thing to hear is that it won't last forever.
I just have to keep telling myself that, because that is truely what I am afraid of. I guess I should just enjoy it... pretend like I'm high... all the time... xD lol. So one day I will just wake up and it will be gone? ^^;
Its white tusks
Through human beings
Like crackling stalks
And to nothing less
Old 07-05-2007, 07:37 AM   #25
Minyaliel

I guess it'd be gradual process, Chii, but it will go away. The "keeping busy" advice is very good, so just do lots of something you like to do. =) By the way, that video made me nauseous...
I will always love you

- The Cure, "Love Song"
Minyaliel is offline   Reply With Quote