Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 06-13-2007, 08:36 AM   #1
mindless1

advice

I already have schizophrenia, and now im having trouble focusing. I'm not hallucinating but im...ive been smoking to just see if it will help me focus. it doesnt but the gum does, and drinks, and other stuff. Is there anything that will make me happy besides these stimulants, should i get a prescription for adderall? Im worried i will not tolerate it well. people who say to "meditate" don't understand, it's not that easy...Im not reading...I have no energy...so I get something with lots of caffeine in it and i binge on it then i have lots of energy and it lasts for a short while, then i go back to being completely empty. starting to feel like there's nothing to do but be a zombie//sorry if this is really random, but i cant seem to get any good answers...
mindless1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 09:43 AM   #2
Delicate_Torture

If you have been diagnosed with a mental illness you should be under the care of a psychiatrist.

This is a discussion that you should be having with that psychiatrist.

Not with a bunch of strangers on an internet board who could fo all intents and purposes just feel like deliberately giving you poor advice to see how far they can push you.

Schizophrenia doesn't proclude intelligent decision making. Perhaps you should start thinking about that?
Old 06-13-2007, 09:48 AM   #3
mindless1

that's stupid. schizophrenia doesnt proclude anything. People do. It wasnt about schizophrenia, i just happened to mention it too for some god damned reason i did. I dont know why i cant concentrate. but you are right- i should go somewhere else and post this. Im not an idiot- because I have a mental illness doesnt mean im going to do ---uh duuuh---ok ill follow your advice...although it would be interesting what horrible advice a person might put down. especially here, right? maybe ihave adhd too---but i just have no energy and this applies to everything i do- im sick of binging on caffeine, and sick of waiting for my psychiatrist to notice things are working- which he doesnt. so go ahead just move this to the whining forum because im tired...
Old 06-13-2007, 09:52 AM   #4
Delicate_Torture

Perhaps one would like to re-read what I actually posted instead of ranting about something that I didn't say at all?

Just a suggestion.

You know.. before I call you a daft twat.
Old 06-13-2007, 09:54 AM   #5
Delicate_Torture

And no, you should not go elsewhere and POST this. Seeing as you are asking advice on whether you should be prescribed a certain medication you should SPEAK with someone who is TRAINED and who knows about your CASE. For example, your PSYCHIATRIST.

There, are all the kidlets caught up now?
Old 06-13-2007, 09:55 AM   #6
mindless1

learn to spell
Old 06-13-2007, 09:57 AM   #7
mindless1

My psychiatrist is a fat bald guy with no idea what the hell he's talking about...considering Im STILL having trouble concentrating...
Old 06-13-2007, 10:17 AM   #8
mindless1

I think that you need to learn a little tolerance to others. I have seen plenty of random posts on this site about advice on whatever- but if you think that psychiatrists are the only professionals, your wrong- because i know more than he does...i was looking for input, ideas, suggestions, not some evaluated diagnosis ive already received. Schizophrenia does in fact alter one's perceptions- and any idiot knows that. But if you're going to call it stupidity, you need to rethink that one. I am not being stupid. I am simply asking for any suggestions. There's no reason to be mean about it. a simple question shouldnt be so bothersome. words..and i have not insulted anyone with them.
Old 06-13-2007, 10:41 AM   #9
Delicate_Torture

Point out the spelling error.

And even if he is a fat bald guy with no idea, he still knows more about psychiatry than most people on this board. If you don't like him, change shrinks... but whatever you do, don't take advice from random people on the internet.

And once again... "Schizophrenia doesn't proclude intelligent decision making."

"Doesn't", it is a contraction for the two words 'does' and 'not'. Meaning that schizophrenia does not proclude intelligent decision making.

Apparently, however...
Old 06-13-2007, 10:43 AM   #10
mindless1

It's Preclude.
Old 06-13-2007, 10:46 AM   #11
Delicate_Torture

Mea culpa.
Old 06-13-2007, 10:48 AM   #12
Cyntrox

You're not in a position to point out anyone's spelling errors, mindless.
Old 06-13-2007, 10:56 AM   #13
mindless1

can I ask you why I am in no position to point out a spelling error?
Old 06-13-2007, 11:06 AM   #14
mindless1

"Schizophrenia doesn't proclude intelligent decision making. Perhaps you should start thinking about that?"

Lack thereof doesnt necessarily imply correctness. Neither does someone's own assumption dictate over another's.
Old 06-13-2007, 11:15 AM   #15
mindless1

I guess i'll just stick to my jolt gum and call it a day...
Old 06-13-2007, 11:19 AM   #16
chelseagirl

Are you on medication for the schizophrenia? If you are, maybe you could speak with your doctor about the side effects, and if maybe it is the meds that are making you feel like this. If it is, maybe he could try a different medication. Also, maybe you are suffering from depression in addition to the schizophrenia. Either way, you should definitely see your doctor. My ex-husband had schizophrenia and was also diagnosed with borderline personality and depression. It took a long time to get the combination of meds right for him. Good luck.
Old 06-13-2007, 11:27 AM   #17
mindless1

your response was really helpful, because i have never personally thought that i may have BPD. i am beginning to wonder if this might be something...im going to ask my doctor about it-i am having symptoms close to that. i wont go into details on this board though- obviously this is the wrong place for that. but thanks. no one else i know or have asked has ever suggested the possibility.
Old 06-13-2007, 11:37 AM   #18
Cyntrox

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindless1
can I ask you why I am in no position to point out a spelling error?
Sure. Although you should have capitalized the 'C' in 'Can' as it is in the beginning of a sentence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindless1
your response was really helpful, because i have never personally thought that i may have BPD. i am beginning to wonder if this might be something...im going to ask my doctor about it-i am having symptoms close to that. i wont go into details on this board though- obviously this is the wrong place for that. but thanks. no one else i know or have asked has ever suggested the possibility.
"your"
Your

"i"
I

"i"
I

"i"
I

"...i"
... I

"im"
I'm

Etc etc. The "s indicate things you're said, and below I put what it should have been. I only dissected the first few sentences.
Old 06-13-2007, 11:39 AM   #19
Cyntrox

Oh, and no offense by the way - it's just something about glasshouses and stones.
Old 06-13-2007, 11:46 AM   #20
chelseagirl

I'm glad to help, but of course, I'm definitely no doctor or anything like that. My ex-husband, who was on meds for schitzophrenia, used to feel so tired all the time. He actually would describe how he was feeling as "like a zombie". There would be days where he just didn't have the engergy/desire to get out of bed, and he would stay in bed all day and all night long. He would ditch out of plans at the last minute because he said he just didn't have it in him to go. His doctor changed his schitzophrenia meds, and also put him on something else (but I can't remember what it was). They tried different med combinations multiple times, over the course of about 6 months, before they found a combination that he felt good with.

Again, good luck, and see your doctor soon. My uncle also suffered from schitzophrenia and clinical depression. He stopped seeing his doctor and taking his meds, unbeknownst to our family. He ended up calling my mother on the telephone and accusing her of doing things to him, and then committed suicide by hanging himself while on the phone with her. It haunted my mother for a very long time. I don't mean to be a downer, but I just wanted to stress how important it is to work with your doctor and find the right type and combination of meds, and to take them as prescribed.

Old 06-13-2007, 11:58 AM   #21
Delicate_Torture

Well, I think that all there is left for me to say is... "daft twat."
Old 06-13-2007, 12:05 PM   #22
mindless1

No, thankyou a lot for the comment/ive suffered the consequences of not taking meds...not only insomnia but a lot of other crazy stuff happens to you- that's what it is- a real disease. what people dont get...is using hypothetical schizophrenia is a joke, a cruel one. i guess it's sort of like saying "that's retarded"....but it does really bother people. it bothers me when scientists like to use schizophrenia for their hypothetical theories, or when kids like to joke around about how we're being oh so schizophrenic..i dunno. it's annoying...but what the hell do i care?
Old 06-13-2007, 12:10 PM   #23
mindless1

you're being rude. that's all i have to say.
Old 06-13-2007, 12:12 PM   #24
mindless1

I corrected a freakin spelling error.
Old 06-13-2007, 12:13 PM   #25
mindless1

no comment