Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 06-24-2008, 05:59 PM   #76
acrossthedam

I also have a problem with finding clothes that fit me right! I have very long legs (not that I'm complaining) and while I'm pretty thin I also was blessed with a full figured ass, needless to say the fit is interesting, and designer clothes don't quite fit either. So I spend the money to go to a Tailor, I sew quite a bit but alterations on jeans or high end clothes are just not worth the risk or the time to work with messy fabrics.

However to the topic at hand:

Being a female I have a deep love for male fashion, and while I have cross dressed for novelty reasons, I think that fashion is and should be available to everyone. I love black classic suits, studded belts, short hair, and only having one earring, I think it's Hot when a girl has enough courage to wear spiky hair and baggy jeans. and I also find men attractive in tight jeans, shirts, and makeup! And while gay men don't attract me (duh!) I still think it's great when someone has enough courage and self esteem to do wear what makes them feel hot.
acrossthedam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 06:33 PM   #77
Serephurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by electrosexual
This is where I excell. I constantly genderfuck. but TBH I'm more of a transvestite. Most people I meet for the first time are unsure of my sex.

Becha can't tell my gender lolz ;D

Yes. The way society expects you to.
Um you're an androgyne I assume? I think I am too because I sometimes go through periods of transsexuality and constantly go through moments feeling as if I'm a true member of the opposite sex. Thus, I claim that I am "Femme". I used to crossdress and I am a member of Laura's Playground forums and Soulforce forums. Those are my two sites I'm on and I am very serious. While on this site, I am a little silly. That's why people think I'm a forum troll on this site, but I really am not. I'm just silly.

However I normally dress in men's clothing because of my parents, but I constantly want women's clothes as well. I am Gothic because I just want to be different. I am different, I know, but I want to show it on the outside instead of expressing the way I think by my actions and dialogue.
Serephurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 06:36 PM   #78
KontanKarite

I think I would have been more interested in this new guy if he actually WERE disingenuous.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 06:42 PM   #79
Serephurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopHaggardDoll
I love cross dressing, it's boob binding good fun!

Sometimes I go totally androgynous, with like a pirate shirt with a corset with some tights jeans and belts and the hair and shoes have to be huge, I should take a picture sometime.

My "boy"friend is transgender aswell, so it must be abit strange for other people when they see us out together. Unless of course we're in a goth/gay/fetish club because they see that kind of thing all the time.
Oh my fucking goddess! Another transgender like me?

By the way, no one would be able to tell if I am a transgender or not unless you knew me 6 months ago...
Old 06-24-2008, 06:43 PM   #80
Solumina

People don't think you're a troll because you're silly, we can all get quite silly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serephurus
I am Gothic because I just want to be different.
That is why people think you're a troll
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 06:47 PM   #81
Serephurus

But isn't that one of the ways most gothic/alt. culture people all feel? They just want to be different and not conform to society?

I am only saying that I wasn't born Gothic, while whether I was born as a transgender might be debatable. I dress Gothic because I have an interest in the clothing and I listen to the music (along with other genres) because I have a taste in the music. Overall, I am interested in the Gothic subculture and lifestyle. So is that not what defines a person as Gothic? I mean come on, you're not born Goth. Gothic is just an identity, fashion, and genre.
Old 06-24-2008, 06:50 PM   #82
Solumina

um...how to put this...goths are people who like goth music, other than that we are just like any other group of people, some conform to social norms, some do not, some are awesomely creative, some are not
-Carbon Leaf
Old 06-24-2008, 06:53 PM   #83
KontanKarite

Quote:
But isn't that one of the ways most gothic/alt. culture people all feel? They just want to be different and not conform to society?

I am only saying that I wasn't born Gothic, while whether I was born as a transgender might be debatable. I dress Gothic because I have an interest in the clothing and I listen to the music (along with other genres) because I have a taste in the music. Overall, I am interested in the Gothic subculture and lifestyle. So is that not what defines a person as Gothic? I mean come on, you're not born Goth. Gothic is just an identity, fashion, and genre.
Well sure. But to be a non-conformist is to think critically of your actions and what you do. If you're adhering to what's expected to be of a goth, then aren't you actually just buying into an identity that isn't yours?

I mean, are you donning solid black just so I can just call you a goth? I mean, sure. You're a goth. Big deal, but you're still essentially, a conformist. You seek to be labeled. You strive to be a goth. :-/ Nothing wrong with being a goth, but you're not a non-conformist.

Old 06-24-2008, 07:01 PM   #84
Serephurus

I see your point and now to think of it, I agree. Unless you're overly creative or know who you are and stick to who you are, you're gonna conform at some point, even if you join a group of people that are "non-conformists." I was wrong for mentioning I was non-conformist, but I do like the style of the stereotype goth, but I usually don't dress that way. I mean I might by a duster with straps and what-not, but I normally dress in a black shirt, dark colored button-up I wear as a jacket, blue jeans, a wallet with a chain and some Chucks. It looks nice and people call me goth, but it isn't necessarily what I would call stereotype either.

By the way, for the sake of this thread, anyone's gender cross-gendered/androgynous?

I'm a little of both, but am often a little more on the femme side, so I guess I would say I'm androgynous, but I'm unsure of what I am. All I know is that 6 months ago I really got into gender psych and wanted to learn why I was different and then I tried to transition into beoming a girl. (Shaving legs, tucking, etc.) I am not "gay" and act like a guy on the most part, but sometimes (quite often) I have female urges and tendencies and thoughts and feelings. And FEEL i am a girl.

Infact you can go to www.lauras-playground.com and look for Ashley Hun's posts (me) and see how I was.
Old 06-24-2008, 07:12 PM   #85
KontanKarite

I've been known to cross dress as I can pull it off, so long as my hair is slicked back or I have good femme styled make-up on.

I have examples even.
http://a119.ac-images.myspacecdn.com...21c09310e6.jpg

Again, I can't stress it enough, try out Do-It-Yourself clothing. I think you'll be glad you did.

Come to think of it, I've rarely worn black lately. Huh. I wear a lot of white for some reason...

Old 06-24-2008, 07:17 PM   #86
TheBloodEternity

Hmmm, try more eye-makeup.

And on non-conformity, have you ever seen the South Park goths?
TheBloodEternity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 07:21 PM   #87
Serephurus

I saw a dated black leather jacket at a thrift store today, and was wanting to buy it and dress it up with studs, but my dad told me to look at other places before committing to the jacket. Anyway, i'm working on buying a leather coat up to $45 and then buying some pyramid studs from Hot Topic and dressing the shoulders up. To think of it, I might do that if I can find a good hip-length leather coat. I'll add patches and see if I can make straps and attach a pewter button or stud to it to keep it in place and then sewing the other end to keep it down. Then I might get a taylor to add belt loops on the upper-waist so I can add a flimsy belt to it for style. (Unless it comes with a belt.)

Anyone know a good place to buy some bitchin' straps for jackets and maybe some patches?
Old 06-24-2008, 07:24 PM   #88
TheBloodEternity

*shrugs* Look online for leather straps, DIY for patches.
Old 06-24-2008, 07:26 PM   #89
KontanKarite

Quote:
I saw a dated black leather jacket at a thrift store today, and was wanting to buy it and dress it up with studs, but my dad told me to look at other places before committing to the jacket. Anyway, i'm working on buying a leather coat up to $45 and then buying some pyramid studs from Hot Topic and dressing the shoulders up. To think of it, I might do that if I can find a good hip-length leather coat. I'll add patches and see if I can make straps and attach a pewter button or stud to it to keep it in place and then sewing the other end to keep it down. Then I might get a taylor to add belt loops on the upper-waist so I can add a flimsy belt to it for style. (Unless it comes with a belt.)

Anyone know a good place to buy some bitchin' straps for jackets and maybe some patches?

Dude, seriously, mother FUCK Hot Topic. Don't blow your money on 10 pyramid studs at 10 dollars a pack. Check out the site studsandspikes.com.

They sell you hundreds of spikes for as little as 10 dollars.

Seriously, man. Get the hell away from Hot Topic. Quit spending more money than you need to on shit that looks like shit. If you're not spending it, then give your parents a break. Great. Wonderful. You want to be a goth. But seriously, man, try to find cheaper alternatives to what you want. Hot Topic is not some fucking mecca for alternative clothing. In fact, it's not even alternative.

Old 06-24-2008, 07:28 PM   #90
KontanKarite

You know what, fuck it. Let me help you out or at least help your parents out.

http://studsandspikes.com/buy/stud-p...ag-of-500.html

There. 500 studs for 15 bucks. Try to get that much at Hot Topic. I fucking dare you.

Old 06-24-2008, 07:28 PM   #91
Solumina

Most fabric stores should have just about everything that you would need so if there is one near you then go there
-Carbon Leaf
Old 06-24-2008, 07:28 PM   #92
TheBloodEternity

*claps*

I have a few regretted buys from hot topic from over a year ago when I first started getting into 'goth' but I've been trying to do some shit with them to change them. I ripped most of the straps off of my Tripp things (way to overpriced) but I can't think of anything to add..........
Old 06-24-2008, 07:31 PM   #93
KontanKarite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina
Most fabric stores should have just about everything that you would need so if there is one near you then go there

I went to all kinds of fabric stores in my town. What I found about studs was that they were 3 cornered and came in packs of 5 or 6 for a grand total of 5 dollars a pack.

Seriously... studsandspikes.com. No shit, bruh.

Old 06-24-2008, 07:40 PM   #94
Solumina

That sucks, the ones around here have way better prices than that, they tend to run about $10 for a pack of 100 studs and they have a good selection of styles. I guess it just depends on what is around you.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 06-24-2008, 08:03 PM   #95
korinna5555

Yeah.. I gave you that site, Kontan..
I will get your spikes out as soon as you tell me how many you want
Old 06-24-2008, 08:18 PM   #96
KontanKarite

Shit... um, 200 should do it I guess.

Old 06-24-2008, 08:36 PM   #97
korinna5555

Okey!!!
Old 06-24-2008, 08:58 PM   #98
Opteron_Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by acrossthedam
I also have a problem with finding clothes that fit me right! I have very long legs (not that I'm complaining) and while I'm pretty thin I also was blessed with a full figured ass, needless to say the fit is interesting, and designer clothes don't quite fit either. So I spend the money to go to a Tailor, I sew quite a bit but alterations on jeans or high end clothes are just not worth the risk or the time to work with messy fabrics.

However to the topic at hand:

Being a female I have a deep love for male fashion, and while I have cross dressed for novelty reasons, I think that fashion is and should be available to everyone. I love black classic suits, studded belts, short hair, and only having one earring, I think it's Hot when a girl has enough courage to wear spiky hair and baggy jeans. and I also find men attractive in tight jeans, shirts, and makeup! And while gay men don't attract me (duh!) I still think it's great when someone has enough courage and self esteem to do wear what makes them feel hot.
I totally agree! I wear what I want to wear. It makes me feel good. I wear what I wear in good taste and for me.

I like what Siouxsie Sioux said in an interview with her.
"Do what you want to do and fuck everyone else."
Opteron_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 09:33 AM   #99
Clockwork

Ahahahah. Kontan (or by extension korinna, rather) is serving up a good batch of win I'd say.
Old 06-25-2008, 11:29 AM   #100
korinna5555

Teehee. I luvz you, Clocky!

Ooh. Clocky, Cogsy, Vyvie.. I am seeing a pattern here.