Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 09-06-2005, 10:52 AM   #1
Abstract Thought

AlKilyu: The Witch Hunt Continues

Originally posted by the dickhead i've named in the thread title in my other thread before he locked it:

Quote:
You don't have friendly flames unless you are friendly with the person to start with, douchebag.
In case you missed it the first time around, moron, real flaming is a game of wits with other posters- not "heated confrontations" with another stranger on the internet. I can tell that the majority here subscribe to the latter definition- and i'm here to tell you that you're wrong. EPS has a custom title that says "flamethrower"- so I took it upon myself to see if she could actually throw them. Instead, my thread titles have been changed and subsequently locked by Al, down trodden fanboi of EPS.

Thats fine. Because I know one thing you don't know- the truth. I had already said I was not going to post a link to another board, but frankly, i'm tired of being accused as a troll. I recently started posting at another goth board, necroticobsession (you might have heard of it) a few months ago. Unlike this place, however, they simply flamed me back, and now my threads are a highlight of their flame section. Observe the latest, a stickied thread of mine where only 12 replies so far have netted 303 reads. I highly doubt any of the mods here, especially al, can boast to being that interesting.

https://www.gothic.net/boards/showpo...3&postcount=50

There's your proof i'm not a former member, slapnuts.

And here's my proof that instead of admitting you're wrong and backing your tough guy attitude up with skill and wit, your a pussy who will lock this thread.

Game, set, match...

Quote:
We know why you are here and who brought you. They have done it before *coughSYBILcough*
Enjoy eating your words. This is now screen capped to prove you got your just deserts for assuming.

Last edited by AlKilyu; 09-06-2005 at 11:12 AM.
Abstract Thought is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 11:03 AM   #2
Disfunction

Flaming:

[n] the process of combustion of inflammable materials producing heat and light and (often) smoke; "fire was one of our ancestors' first discoveries"

As far as internet exchanges go, it's not a battle of wits. Don't even try to kid yourself.

I hereby deem this thread lock-worthy! Huzzah!

...don't smother your kids."
Disfunction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 11:06 AM   #3
AlKilyu

Fantastic.

Didn't someone else go on about how another goth board was much better than this one? Could have sworn before that person edited their post they mentioned a site similar in name...Sasquatch might give you that hummer yet!
AlKilyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 11:07 AM   #4
Abstract Thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disfunction

As far as internet exchanges go, it's not a battle of wits. Don't even try to kid yourself.
Who made you an expert on flaming, fruitfly?
Old 09-06-2005, 11:10 AM   #5
Spazik

Google Image Search for "Flamer":

Spazik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 11:11 AM   #6
Disfunction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abstract Thought
Who made you an expert on flaming, fruitfly?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flaming

Old 09-06-2005, 11:12 AM   #7
Abstract Thought

I'm not a troll, I just go from site to site proclaiming myself good at insulting then trying it. How else am I supposed to get attention? Daddy, will you please pay attention to me?
Old 09-06-2005, 11:12 AM   #8
Disfunction

Just in case you're stuck on the difference between "posting messages that are deliberately hostile and insulting" and "battle of the wits"...
They aren't the same.

Old 09-06-2005, 11:12 AM   #9
Abstract Thought

Quote:
Wikpedia is a site where anyone can enter a definition- and I dont consider 13 year old paraplegics like you experts...
Old 09-06-2005, 11:13 AM   #10
Disfunction

Quote:
Wikpedia is a site where anyone can enter a definition- and I dont consider 13 year old paraplegics like you experts...
See... what you're doing right now, that's flaming. There's no wit. It's just blatant attempts at starting shit.

Old 09-06-2005, 11:14 AM   #11
Spazik

Quote:
That picture is ****** this thread worse than the bowl-legged lunkhead who ***** your mom to make you...
Already did this image once but it's funny enough to get double use.

Old 09-06-2005, 11:17 AM   #12
Disfunction

It's great that you like to be a self-proclaimed expert on flaming, but it's not personal definitions of words that decide wholescale definition; it's popular opinion. Sure, you'll have a few people that may agree with you that flaming on the internet is an intellectual pastime, but usually they don't have much on a social front, so they resort to such activities.

Seriously, find something better to do with your time. Build a wooden ship in a bottle or something.

Old 09-06-2005, 11:17 AM   #13
Abstract Thought

Quote:
See... what you're doing right now, that's flaming. There's no wit. It's just blatant attempts at starting shit.
If you're the one that posted to me first, how was I attempting to start shit?

Logic is your friend. Use it.
Old 09-06-2005, 11:19 AM   #14
Disfunction

Quote:
If you're the one that posted to me first, how was I attempting to start shit?

Logic is your friend. Use it.
I never flamed you. That's where logic comes into play.

You labelled me "fruit fly" and something about being 13.

Seriously, you're lecturing me on logic?

Come on.

Old 09-06-2005, 11:20 AM   #15
Abstract Thought

Quote:

Seriously, find something better to do with your time. Build a wooden ship in a bottle or something.
Is that what you do, mr. social? Aha, you can't even build a proper defense in this thread, dupe, just like your mods cant keep their snouts out of the mod panels. Maelstrom is the only one here worth a fuck, it appears. Everyone else would rather harness code to do their battles, and not their minds.
Old 09-06-2005, 11:21 AM   #16
Spazik

Old 09-06-2005, 11:24 AM   #17
Abstract Thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazik
Is that one of those elusive, flamed to a "charred crisp" people EPS was talking about?
Old 09-06-2005, 11:25 AM   #18
Spazik

Quote:
Is that one of those elusive, flamed to a "charred crisp" people EPS was talking about?
Behold the power of google image search, and pay homage.
Old 09-06-2005, 11:26 AM   #19
Abstract Thought

Quote:
Behold the power of google image search, and pay homage.

You don't seem half bad, guy. You'd better start showing extreme malice towards me or you'll be labled an old member too.
Old 09-06-2005, 11:27 AM   #20
Disfunction

Quote:
Is that what you do, mr. social? Aha, you can't even build a proper defense in this thread, dupe, just like your mods cant keep their snouts out of the mod panels. Maelstrom is the only one here worth a fuck, it appears. Everyone else would rather harness code to do their battles, and not their minds.
Actually, I'm taking the non-confrontational route by not getting my panties in a bunch when some person that has no real impact on my existence starts meaningless shit.

I would be out with people, except that I had to buy books for my classes, so I missed out on my friends who should be back in an hour; I'd love to hear your excuse, but I'm sure it'll be about boredom or whatever is a minutely plausible excuse... but actually... whatever. You have some brand of motivation.. and I'm burning time until my friends get back.

Old 09-06-2005, 11:28 AM   #21
Spazik

Quote:
You don't seem half bad, guy. You'd better start showing extreme malice towards me or you'll be labled an old member too.
I only sarted posting a week ago! Or do you mean old, age wise? I'm only 22, damnit! -_-
Old 09-06-2005, 11:29 AM   #22
Abstract Thought

Quote:
Actually, I'm taking the non-confrontational route by not getting my panties in a bunch when some person that has no real impact on my existence starts meaningless shit.
[flame off]

I commend you on that. Anyone who doesnt take this shit seriously is ok in my book.

Quote:
I would be out with people, except that I had to buy books for my classes, so I missed out on my friends who should be back in an hour; I'd love to hear your excuse, but I'm sure it'll be about boredom or whatever is a minutely plausible excuse... but actually... whatever. You have some brand of motivation.. and I'm burning time until my friends get back.
I'm at work; like my excuse?
Old 09-06-2005, 11:30 AM   #23
Spazik

Quote:

Oh I get it, burning, flame war, lol

*golf clap*
Old 09-06-2005, 11:31 AM   #24
AlKilyu

And Spaznik: I'll give you a break since you haven't seen the outside world in a while but we've moved past pre-made forum pics and do our own here.
AlKilyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 11:32 AM   #25
Disfunction

Quote:
Oh I get it, burning, flame war, lol

*golf clap*
I'm sorry I... I don't... I can't... uh.. what?

I never make intentional puns.