Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

Old 04-29-2006, 10:51 AM   #1
tenet_2012

Ex-teacher sent teen naked pics

McMINNVILLE, Tenn. — The former elementary school teacher convicted of sleeping with a student and now accused of sending him sex videos of herself by cell phone is "sick" and should leave the boy alone, his mother told The Tennessean yesterday.

The mother spoke just hours after a judge sent former gym teacher Pamela Rogers back to jail on new charges that she sent nude photos and sexually explicit video to the teen, among other communications with him.

Rogers, 28, sent some of the illicit images to her former student even as she was being prosecuted on charges that she violated her probation by reaching out to him via messages on her MySpace.com Web page and blog.

"Just leave him alone," the mother said. "Leave my family alone … She could have served her six months in jail and gotten out and lived a pretty normal life. But she chose the path she chose."

The Tennessean does not identify victims of sex crimes without their consent. The newspaper is not publishing the mother's name to protect the identity of her son, now about 15.

In addition to the videos and nude photos, Rogers sent a barrage of text messages and phone calls to the boy in the past month, according to an arrest warrant issued Monday.

She also asked that the boy send pictures and videos to her, and phone records suggest she received some, according to the warrant. The content or nature of those videos was not made clear in court documents.

Rogers is now jailed without bail in Warren County pending a July hearing. She appeared in court yesterday morning in handcuffs and black-and-white-striped jail clothes. Authorities said she turned herself in Monday.

The allegations, if proven to be true, could send her to prison to serve out the remainder of her eight-year sentence.

Rogers pleaded no contest to four counts of sexual battery by an authority figure last year. She was released in February after serving six months in Warren County Jail.

Terms of her plea agreement required the Centertown Elementary School gym teacher to surrender her teaching certificate for life, have no contact with the boy or his family, and stay off the Internet.

She has flagrantly and repeatedly violated those terms, according to a multiple-count arrest warrant. She was arrested April 11 on charges she violated her probation by posting suggestive photos of herself on her MySpace.com page, posting messages to the boy there and making contact with his 17-year-old sister.

She had an April 12 hearing before a judge and was freed on bond, awaiting a July hearing to determine her fate. According to the latest warrant, she sent the boy a text message just hours after the April 12 court appearance and was sending him "multiple text messages" for days after that.

The messages take a jealous tone and question the boy about relationships with other girls, according to the warrant.

"Do you still love me"? Rogers asks in a message sent on March 19.

In another message sent that day, according to the warrant, she writes the boy:

"Always still? R u still waitn? Or do u want me 2 try 2 move on wit my life? I miss you so much. I wish I could tlk 2 u."

In a message Rogers sent April 3, she writes:

"I thought u said u got over that s girl this past summer? What am I 2 blieve? What u said or what I feel? So I am suppost 2 wait while u r doing that. No lies."

Another message, according to the warrant, read:

"Good morning and I love u always. Thank u 4 makin me the happiest person n the world! I wil have this fone 2nite an 2moro I have 2 go 2 c a counselor a sex one."

As the boy's mother looked over the details outlined in the newest warrant yesterday, she just shook her head:

"Sick," the mother said. "It makes me sick. It makes me realize how sick she is."

Rogers' attorney, Peter Strianse, said he does not know whether the allegations against his client are true, but if they are, they raise questions about her mental health.

"If those allegations are true, if they can be proven, I have some real concerns about her mental competency.

"Some explanation is going to be needed to be offered to the court with what's going on emotionally, what's going on with her mentally. … It's not a complete defense. If these allegations can be proven, it could offer some mitigation to the court as to why this type of behavior was going on."

District Attorney General Dale Potter said he's heard people question Rogers' mental condition, but he's not swayed by it.

"That's the question everybody is asking: Does she have mental problems? My opinion, she evidently was capable. She got her college degree. She got her teaching certificate. A lot of people in society have mental issues, but it doesn't rise to the level that it's a criminal defense."

Rogers contacted the boy, who was 13 when their sexual relationship began, as late as April 19 by cell phone and had conversations with him, the warrant said.

On that day, investigators coordinated a midnight search of the boy's home in Warren County and Rogers' parents' home in Fentress County, where she had been living.

Investigators recovered the boy's cell phone, his mother said.

"He wants her to leave him alone," the mother said. "He wants to get on with his life. He wants this to be over."

The mother said Rogers has been manipulating her daughter's good will to make inroads with the boy and the family. Rogers contacted the girl on March 3, just five days after being released from jail, according to the warrant.

She sent a text message through another person the next day, telling the sister she could contact Rogers by phone at her parents' home before 3 p.m. during the week.

Rogers has made "multiple contacts by e-mail, phone and text message" with the sister. That continued even after Rogers' April 12 court appearance to answer charges she violated her probation, according to the warrant. •

Source and picture here.

--Geisha
tenet_2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 11:12 AM   #2
Miriel

I wonder if anyone ever asked the boy what he thinks about all of this...
Miriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 11:17 AM   #3
Queenofdarkness57

Oh my God, that's SICK! I wonder why people do that. It's obvious she has mental disorders. I hope they cure her in jail.
Old 04-29-2006, 11:39 AM   #4
succubus,queenofvampires

Eww!! I don't know what would happen if my teacher did this to me... I can't even think about it...

She's sick, but obviously the boy was enjoying it at first because their relationship began while he was 13, and he's 15 now. So, if he blocked her out from the beginning then that wouldn't have happened.
But, also, he might've been pressured by her, and she might've lured him to sleep with her.

Cartman(South Park): It's a man's obligation to stick his boneration in a woman's separation; this sort of penetration will
increase the population of the younger generation.
succubus,queenofvampires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 11:43 AM   #5
horrorgirl

It seems like there are more and more cases of female teachers having sex, etc., with their students. I wonder if it is growing more prevelant, or if it is just being reported more now in the press.

I'm gothtastically delicious!
horrorgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 11:54 AM   #6
Blushing Heliophobe

I think it's disgusting that it's seen as somewhat more tolerable for a woman to engage in pedophilia than a man. To infer that the boy's choice even mattered is a blatant double standard. She should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.
Blushing Heliophobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 02:28 PM   #7
Loy

Of course it could end up like the LeTourneau thing up here, where she served her time, and ended up marrying the former teen/now adult father of her child.......

*shiver*
Old 04-30-2006, 12:51 PM   #8
Niels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blushing Heliophobe
I think it's disgusting that it's seen as somewhat more tolerable for a woman to engage in pedophilia than a man. To infer that the boy's choice even mattered is a blatant double standard. She should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.
Your comment reminds me of an article I read a while ago, about a 24 year old woman who ***** a 14 year old boy. The defens claimed she was 'too pretty to go to jail'

read article here

It's a twisted world we live in...
Old 04-30-2006, 01:02 PM   #9
Queenofdarkness57

Why the hell can't they get pleasure from someone their age? I mean they're both pretty so WTF is stopping them? Find someone your own size, bitch(es).
Old 04-30-2006, 01:11 PM   #10
succubus,queenofvampires

This is so unjust!!!What kind of maniac thinks that going to jail depends on whether you're pretty or not!!!

Cartman(South Park): It's a man's obligation to stick his boneration in a woman's separation; this sort of penetration will
Old 04-30-2006, 01:14 PM   #11
Queenofdarkness57

Quote:
Originally Posted by succubus,queenofvampires
This is so unjust!!!What kind of maniac thinks that going to jail depends on whether you're pretty or not!!!
Huh? Who said that?
Old 04-30-2006, 01:39 PM   #12
succubus,queenofvampires

Um.. yeah, people should go to jail because of their actions, regardless of whether they're hot or not.

Old 04-30-2006, 02:12 PM   #13
angel011

You mean a licensed lawyer said she was too pretty to go to jail, and managed to keep the license, let alone the job?!
Old 05-01-2006, 12:58 AM   #14
Queenofdarkness57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xnguela
I think that's right here, sweetie.
Oh ok. Thanks, Xng
Old 05-01-2006, 01:10 AM   #15
Infusco

I don't believe that ********** can be cured. There is a pedophile in my town, and he was making videos of himself and his girlfriends son, and he molested quite a few of my male friends. The guy was locked up for about a week, released on bail, he wasn't allowed in the town, nor in the town where the school is, or anywhere near the kids. He was back in town harrassing a boy three days later. We called the police, he was arrested, and for some reason, all charges were dropped. But he's still trying his luck on little boys, as well as older ones now. People like that have something wrong with them and it'll never ever be cured. It seems they find pleasure in being sick.
Infusco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 02:09 AM   #16
Blushing Heliophobe

In my abnormal phsychology class we had a visiting physcologist who said that they don't.
Old 05-01-2006, 05:18 AM   #17
angel011

From what I've heard, ********** are very insecure and afraid of having sex with someone their age, therefore seeking sex with kids. If that's true, I guess with a lot of psychotherapy they could eventually be cured. Of course, before that they should be prevented (locked up, if necessarry) from harming anyone.
Old 05-01-2006, 05:29 AM   #18
Blushing Heliophobe

When it comes to this particular type of sickos, I believe that their ability to rehabilitate is extremely doubtful.

And considering the individuals who would be their potential victims if rehabilitation failed...
Old 05-01-2006, 03:55 PM   #19
WolfMoon

Death is the only solution.
WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 07:59 PM   #20
A Simple Poet

This entire episode happened in my neck of the woods, Tampa. It does not seem to have incurred the outrage that it has everywhere else. The teacher's lawyer did in fact say something to that effect ... and she claimed that she was abused growing up and still living in her childhood. They tried her again a little north of here and since the victim would not testify she didn't have to do time, but got off easy. I believe she plans to write a book about it.

As for pedophilia, well it's a horrible thing that far too many silenced voices endure. I fear that it will only increase with the proliferation of the internet. Horrid.

My name is Will ... and I'm back from a glorious feeding.

Will on Facebook ... Identify yourself because I'm a proud, Facebook, recluse.
A Simple Poet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 09:41 PM   #21
bjork_freak

In my health class, the pamphlet explained how **** is a form of power, not pleasure. Personally, I think that's only part of it. What do you think?
bjork_freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 05:57 AM   #22
angel011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blushing Heliophobe
When it comes to this particular type of sickos, I believe that their ability to rehabilitate is extremely doubtful.

And considering the individuals who would be their potential victims if rehabilitation failed...
Well, if they can be cured, that would be nice.

And it's because of their potential victims that I'd have them all locked up in a maximum security place. After that, the attempt at rehabilitation should begin. If it works, fine. If it doesn't, they should spend the rest of their lives locked up.

That being said, if someone I know happened to be the victim of such a person, I'd want to just shoot the sicko.
Old 05-02-2006, 06:22 AM   #23
Morrigan_Dubh

I'd just like to play devil's avocado here for a moment, but how much of an age gap is acceptable for a sexual relationship. The teacher was 25 and the boy was 13 when they started.
Is it his youth? Is it her age? Is it the fact that she was his teacher that makes it unacceptable? Does anyone think that it would be more acceptable otherwise?
Old 05-02-2006, 06:30 AM   #24
angel011

It would be acceptable if they were both consenting adults, and if she wasn't his teacher.

Teachers are supposed to guide and protect their students; she failed miserably at both. While two consenting thirteen-year-olds touching each other a little and doing a little of sexual exploration (touching, kissing...) is acceptable, an adult having sex with a kid is not.
Old 05-02-2006, 06:46 AM   #25
Morrigan_Dubh

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel011
It would be acceptable if they were both consenting adults, and if she wasn't his teacher.

Teachers are supposed to guide and protect their students; she failed miserably at both. While two consenting thirteen-year-olds touching each other a little and doing a little of sexual exploration (touching, kissing...) is acceptable, an adult having sex with a kid is not.

Would you say that an 18-year-old sleeping with a 15-year-old is wrong?