Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 12-28-2006, 09:38 PM   #151
Graveyard.Crow

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizabeths_deathwish
I'm actually extremely pale to begin with and even when i get "tan" im still very white. I get freckles occasionally but a little lemon juice and hydrogen peroxide gets rid of them. It's almost sad how pale I am. Last night I was playing around with face paint and the white was almost the right color for my skin.
In other words
NANANANANANA I'm more pale than all of you
Old 12-29-2006, 06:05 PM   #152
elizabeths_deathwish

Not really,I almost hate it though during the summer, I'm native american. My mother and sister get as dark as can be, I hate how I stand out because of it.
elizabeths_deathwish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 06:35 PM   #153
bodemchild

my skin is always pale my parents are from germany so i have really pale skin i dont even tan i the summer
bodemchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 06:38 PM   #154
deathbecomesme

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodemchild
my skin is always pale my parents are from germany so i have really pale skin i dont even tan i the summer
Yeah mee too, only im actually from Germany.

It takes alot of sun to burn me or even tan. Once in high school some one told me i looked like a walking corpse, to which i replyed with "thank you".
...the costume without the brain."
--Peter Murphy
deathbecomesme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 03:01 PM   #155
Graveyard.Crow

I seem to get darker when I don't get enough sleep and my skin color appearance depends on the lighting a lot. Strange
Old 01-01-2007, 08:42 AM   #156
MollyMac

Everyone's skin tone depends on lighting and refraction. Under a pink light you will look differen than under a blue light. You will look different in a blue shirt than a yellow one as color and hue depend on other color and hues for intensity, ton eand visual perception.

For instance, my eyes are gray. BUT, I wear a lot of blue based colors and have light coppery hair. Blue and copper (an orange tone) are complementary/opposite colors and make each other stand out more. My eyes are closer to blue than orange in tone and their actual color gats lost in other's visual receptors and lumped in to "blue". The same happens when I wear green.

This is also one of the reasons why many claim that their eyes change color (that, or they want to be "special". Eyes do not change from one hue to another (save in the first 6 months of development), they may alter in tone lightly due to sodium intake. Eyes "change color" because irises contrast differently in difffernt environments.
Old 04-23-2007, 05:20 PM   #157
Ishkabibble

I've tried the peroxide and lemon juice mix, it worked beautifully. The problem is, I cannot get my mother to buy the peroxide for me, so I have to sneak with my brother to get it.

Since I have a natural tan skin (I completely loathe it since it makes me look like one of those barbie clones from my school) I tend to run away from the sun like if it were the bird flu. Hee. Still it is hard to keep a decent whitish skin (now I have it since I have bleached? it) because there's just too much sun where I live.

I do have a question...If you wear sweaters or long sleeves, does it help not getting tanned? Sorry if it was already mentioned before x3
Old 04-23-2007, 07:36 PM   #158
raineofblood

Haha! You guys complain about your complexions, I don't know what the hell I am! During winter I'm yellowish tan because the weather is terrible where I live. Then in spring I'm a healthy white. And suddenly I get a tan in summer. Well, really until a couple of summers ago I was too young to care about this stuff so I didn't give a crap about the tans but now I do, so I'm wearing SPF 30 and hiding in shadows. Pathetic. yes. A couple of years ago, I spent nearly all summer at the pool in goggles and when I went back to school I looked like an inversed raccoon. My face JUST completely lost its tan from last year a couple of weeks ago. My arms and my belly are still tanned from summer of two years ago, my legs the same as my face, but my bosom is perfectly pale (I'd love my face to be too).
I look like a friggin quilt...
Anyway:

First of all, Ishkabibble: If you wear longsleeves in the summer, it definitly helps to not get tanned.
Also, peroxide helps a lot. BUT it hurts much more. I have never used it but nearly did once but I have been discouraged by many people. Even people who themselves have said not only has the peroxide caused dryness and itching and redness, but also wrinkles in the longterm. GodslayerJillian was the last to advise against it. By then I was confident of its dangers.
Here's some better skin lightening ways that I haven't tried yet (but I will this weekend):

LemonJuice
Honey
Salt
A tiny bit of Turmeric powder (too much and you'll become yellow!)

Create a mask of the above and leave on for 20 minutes.

A cream version is:

LemonJuice
Sandalwood Powder
Aloevera

I've heard sandalwood powder works extremely well along with lemon juice. Where you find it I do not yet know. Aloevera is nice but it doesn't do too much on its own.

Exfoliators are very good. So are toners. I use Aveeno Daily Cleansing and it's amazing. Aveeno is very good, especially for those with sensitive skin. Nutregena has a nice toner.

Forgive any spelling errors. I'm in a hurry. >_<"
Old 04-23-2007, 07:53 PM   #159
raggedyanne

My skin is pale yellow in winter and a dark olive (think italy or provance) in summer. I use sunscreen, face whitening stuff, EVERYTHING, and still I tan.
At some point, you need to look yourself in the mirror and realize that what other people did to you does not define you as a person. You and your actions define who you are as a person. It's up to you to be a good person, in spite of all the evil you've faced. In fact, it should be because of the evil you see that it's good you do. Be the change you want in the world. Next time someone tells me that they're an asshole because they've had a bad life, I'm stabbing them in the eye with a spork.
raggedyanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 10:04 PM   #160
killer_asian_Dax

I absolutely LOVE pale skinned people. I think they're so beautiful! Them and their snowy white skin!!! I kind of wish my skin were whiter. BUT on the other hand, I NEVER EVER get sun burned EVER.

So when push comes to shove- I'm fine just admiring white skin as opposed to having it.

(I can't possibly imagine how much it must suck to get a sun burn as the ONLY time I ever got one was when I was 7.)

My crappy Myspace
killer_asian_Dax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 10:38 PM   #161
Attitude_Stricken

hahah I loved the comment about the almost 10 freckles! Wow thats sooo many. I wouldn't recommend bleaching or peroxide as both are harsh on the skin and I know that the bleaching either doesn't work or leaves nasty splotches of discolored skin. Honey, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, and milk are good for lightly lightening and toning the skin. Personally I have very pale skin and lots of freckles, its not all that much of a blessing because every skin problem you have shows up and its easy for the skin to look unattractively splotchy.
Attitude_Stricken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 01:09 AM   #162
Lucretia_my_Reflection

I get too pasty if i don't get a little bit of sun or else i look like a walking corpse, slip slop slap and you'll be paleish
Lucretia_my_Reflection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 07:24 AM   #163
Linen

I have millions of freckles - all over, but more on my arms, shoulders, and face than anywhere else. Other than that I am quite pale. I just wish I didn't have so dang many freckles.
Linen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 09:03 AM   #164
DarkChildOne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishkabibble
I've tried the peroxide and lemon juice mix, it worked beautifully. The problem is, I cannot get my mother to buy the peroxide for me, so I have to sneak with my brother to get it.

Since I have a natural tan skin (I completely loathe it since it makes me look like one of those barbie clones from my school) I tend to run away from the sun like if it were the bird flu. Hee. Still it is hard to keep a decent whitish skin (now I have it since I have bleached? it) because there's just too much sun where I live.

I do have a question...If you wear sweaters or long sleeves, does it help not getting tanned? Sorry if it was already mentioned before x3
Whats the mix? 1 and 1?
DarkChildOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 12:48 PM   #165
Attitude_Stricken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linen
I have millions of freckles - all over, but more on my arms, shoulders, and face than anywhere else. Other than that I am quite pale. I just wish I didn't have so dang many freckles.
Me too. They're covering my face, arms, and shoulders but oddly enough no where else.
Attitude_Stricken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 01:19 PM   #166
Underwater Ophelia

I think freckles are wonderful. Love them!
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 01:27 PM   #167
Saddiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attitude_Stricken
Me too. They're covering my face, arms, and shoulders but oddly enough no where else.
They probably exist on areas that have greater exposure to the sun.
Old 04-24-2007, 01:29 PM   #168
Saddiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia
I have a tiny bit of freckles on my face. I hate them. I guess it all depends on the person. I'm determined to have mine removed.
Old 04-24-2007, 03:26 PM   #169
Ishkabibble

Quote:
Originally Posted by raineofblood

...First of all, Ishkabibble: If you wear longsleeves in the summer, it definitly helps to not get tanned.
Also, peroxide helps a lot. BUT it hurts much more. I have never used it but nearly did once but I have been discouraged by many people. Even people who themselves have said not only has the peroxide caused dryness and itching and redness, but also wrinkles in the longterm...

I do have to agree it itches when you apply it. But in the few times I've used it, I have never gotten my skin dry or red. Eh I guess it's the glycerine
Old 04-24-2007, 03:36 PM   #170
Saddiction

I use peroxide to clean wounds. I notice that the skin around the wound will get itchy and white. The whitening effect only lasts an hour or so and then fades to my natural skin tone. I can't believe that people actually use this method to lighten their skin. People should just live with the skin tone they were born with. Fucking with it by using peroxide will most definately have its consequences.
Old 04-24-2007, 03:49 PM   #171
Ishkabibble

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkChildOne
Whats the mix? 1 and 1?

1 tb. lemon juice
1 tb. peroxide
1 tb. glycerine
Old 04-24-2007, 07:42 PM   #172
Lucretia_my_Reflection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia
I agree there so cute!
Old 04-26-2007, 08:59 AM   #173
DarkChildOne

Ok, we've got stuff for paling, but what about blemishes and zits and stuff? Any good ideas for that?
DarkChildOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 05:26 PM   #174
Lucretia_my_Reflection

Quote:
Ok, we've got stuff for paling, but what about blemishes and zits and stuff? Any good ideas for that?

A good cleaner, one from the chemist or drugstore will do fine, if you have dry skin or sensitive skin, i don't recommend you use an evil paling treatment.
Old 04-26-2007, 05:40 PM   #175
Ishkabibble

Quote:
You can boil baking soda with water until you have a nice 'mix' of both. Let it cool down and apply it to your face. Remove when the 'mix' turns white.

I used to have terrible acne, my dermatologist said I could use this without harming my skin. I hope it works for you.