Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 04-25-2006, 04:13 AM   #1
Sweetest Regrets

Sweetest Regrets

Greetings, all. I'd like start this introduction off by saying that, contrary to my name, I am not always completely sugary-sweet. What would be the fun in that? But anyway, to get to the guideline questions...

What I do. Well, I'm a university student. And an uemployed one at that. I wouldn't have time to chat on forums otherwise! As far as hobbies go, I'm interested in music, art, history, reading, doing a bit of gaming ever now and then, and many other things which I cannot recall at the moment.

I reside on the island of Oahu in Hawaii. You won't get any more specific information than that (besides on my profile ). I wouldn't want any stalkers, now would I?

There are many, many great writers/authors in this world that I would not be able to list only one and feel that I had done justice in displaying my whole taste. I will read anything clean, intelligent, and perhaps even witty. They most definitely don't have to be depressing stories, either. My favorite genres, though, are fantasy and historical/historical-fiction.

Some films I like at the moment are The Last Samurai, Finding Neverland, some versions of Joan of Arc, and most of the Studio Ghibli Films.

Assuming that I ever have a wedding...well...I'm not sure what I would want played. Not the Wedding March, though.

Hopefully I'll have more time to think on the funeral song, but for now it would probably have to be Autumn Shade's White Lily. (It's a gorgeous song, for those of you who haven't heard it.)

Ahhh...must we speak of that stereotypical, over-used topic of death? Of course, being immortal and not having to die would be best; But since death is inevitable, I would hope that it would be quick and painless.

I'd want a beautiful casket with intricate designs. Not sure what I would want the outside to be made of, but I'd like the inside to be velvety. Either that, or cremation. At least the bugs wouldn't be able to get to me that way.

My favorite outfit would have to be my long, pinstripe pants, boots, and my black and burgundy corsette top.

One thing I miss about being a kid is being able to live a care-free life. There were never too many worries (well, besides constantly getting lost...) and my parents were always there to protect me from any self-conjured scaries. Also being able to eat candy without worrying about acne, lol.

Just like with my favorite authors, I have countless favorite bands as well. Just to list a few: Sonata Arctica, Dead Can Dance, Cocteau Twins, Loreena McKennitt, Corvus Corax, and Yngwie Malmsteen.

My current education currently is up to freshman year at college/university. For now I'm majoring in Information Systems (computer-work like database), but plan to change over to Hospitality and Tourism Management soon.

I had been searching for some quality 80's goth artists I hadn't heard of, and stumbled across this lovely site. There are a lot of good bands listed, so I thought it wouldn't hurt if I hung around here for a bit.

I doubt that the first 13 questions gave away my gender (though I would think that my username and avatar would be a good hint). I'm often mistaken as a male on forum-boards, so let me tell you now. I'm female!!
Sweetest Regrets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 04:16 AM   #2
Sweetest Regrets

Oh goodness...I didn't mean to write so much of an introduction. My apologies!
Old 04-25-2006, 04:19 AM   #3
Morrigan_Dubh

The Last Samurai? Really?
Old 04-25-2006, 04:33 AM   #4
Wise Child

Welcome, Sweetest Regrets.

A dream is just a nightmare with lipstick ~ Toni Morrison
Wise Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 01:55 PM   #5
Sweetest Regrets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrigan_Dubh
The Last Samurai? Really?
Yep! Is that a bad thing?
Old 04-25-2006, 01:57 PM   #6
Sweetest Regrets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xnguela
Welcome! You would really like to be immortal? What an awful concept... I mean, I know it sounds nice, but I think it would get boring.
Well, yes, I know there are a lot of drawbacks to being immortal, but it's just that I don't find death to be all too appealing.
Old 04-25-2006, 02:02 PM   #7
Velvet Rain Drops

Welcome Sweetest Regrets.
I also think it would be cool to be immortal. Death can be scary.
Velvet Rain Drops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 03:00 PM   #8
Niels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetest Regrets
Well, yes, I know there are a lot of drawbacks to being immortal, but it's just that I don't find death to be all too appealing.
If you become immortal like that queen in 'The brothers Grimm'... yeah... that's a bad thing.

I work with elder people, and I hear complains about how tired they are from living, and not only because of the disabilities they have to face. So if you'd ask me, life ain't that bad, but eventually everything must come to an end...

hm... took that way to serious...

Anyway, be welcomed...

with cherry cupcakes and sake!
Old 04-25-2006, 04:56 PM   #9
torirex

immortal has up and downs but in my opinion the older you get the more you actually want to die... sorry to be so depressing welcome to gothic.net i too am a what do you call it "n00b" i believe
torirex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 06:37 PM   #10
Godslayer Jillian

It figures. Just watch out with your I's and be careful with your sentence structure.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 07:14 PM   #11
TwistedKitsune

Welcome! Long, well typed intros rock my socks.

pssst, Morrigan, tokidoki shashin wa ii...
TwistedKitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 07:16 PM   #12
Godslayer Jillian

Hehe, at first I did confuse you with a man until I saw your favorite outfit.
You have nice tastes, especially in music.
Welcome.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 01:09 AM   #13
Nocturne

Quote:
As far as hobbies go, I'm interested in music, art, history, reading, doing a bit of gaming ever now and then, and many other things which I cannot recall at the moment.
Hello Sweetest Regrets, it seems we have some interests in common, like history. I like gaming, too - what games do you like best?
Nocturne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 04:16 AM   #14
Morrigan_Dubh

Quote:
Yep! Is that a bad thing?
Well, I suppose it depends on what you liked about it. I'll give you a chance to redeem yourself if you can explain what it was about the film that caught your imagination so... :)