Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

Old 01-30-2010, 10:08 PM   #1
Deadmanwalking_05

Something akin to racism...

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/...entry_id=56281

Open Carry gun advocates in the Bay Area are easy to spot. With unloaded firearms strapped to their sides, they meet at coffee shops and other places to protest exercise their right to bear arms, drawing plenty of attention from the media, cops and bystanders along the way. A group of proponents converged at a local Starbucks in November. Earlier this month, members of Bay Area Open Carry gathered at a Peet's Coffee & Tea in Livermore, triggering a 911 call. Cops responded and frisked one man during his interview with ABC7 (see video below). And last week's meeting at the Peet's in San Ramon caused quite a stir among customers who both disapproved and praised the heat-packing patrons, according to The Oakland Tribune...

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/...#ixzz0eARSxHU5

9x29mmR : The Choice Of Millions for the last 100-107 years.
Deadmanwalking_05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 10:25 PM   #2
PortraitOfSanity

Yea, carrying a gun in public and getting the police called is totally like racism...

Holy fucking shit, you're fucking stupid.

I don't hate you. Saying I hate you would be like saying I hate a dog with no legs trying to cross a busy freeway.
-Mr. Filth
PortraitOfSanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 10:37 PM   #3
Deadmanwalking_05

Quote:
Originally Posted by PortraitOfSanity View Post
Yea, carrying a gun in public and getting the police called is totally like racism...

California does have resident open carry laws,it is perfectly legal to carry an unloaded,uncovered,and holstered handgun in California.

The Open carry folks in question weren't breaking the law.

Old 01-30-2010, 11:18 PM   #4
Deadmanwalking_05

Quote:
Originally Posted by PortraitOfSanity View Post

I was talking about how the Open Carry folks were treated.

Old 01-30-2010, 11:24 PM   #5
Deadmanwalking_05

Plus the first Firearms control Laws were used to keep guns out of the hands of Minorities.

Old 01-31-2010, 01:47 AM   #6
Alan

People looked like they were scared at me when I was playing with my knife. I am so oppressed by society
real classy
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 03:22 AM   #7
Deadmanwalking_05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
People looked like they were scared at me when I was playing with my knife. I am so oppressed by society
The firearms were holstered and unloaded (Nothing in the magazine well except an empty magazine and a clear chamber)

Plus it's not like they were brandishing their firearms,just carrying them in a holster.

Besides I didn't say it was Racism...I said it was AKIN TO RACISM as in similar treatment but not based on skin color.

The guys were given a bunch of shit for nothing.

Old 01-31-2010, 03:39 AM   #8
JCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadmanwalking_05 View Post
The firearms were holstered and unloaded (Nothing in the magazine well except an empty magazine and a clear chamber)
That's a pretty good defence if everyone can see through metal.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 03:57 AM   #9
Deadmanwalking_05

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC View Post
That's a pretty good defence if everyone can see through metal.
Well I'm not pulling some Jedi-Mind fuck on you or anything.

The law states that you can legally Open carry a holstered sidearm if it is unloaded (Chamber is empty and an unloaded magazine/Nothing in the Magazine well).

If a Cop stops and asks you to verify your weapon,you must hand him an unloaded firearm,if the firearm is loaded you could face a stiff fine,have your firearm and permit Confiscated(Time and money down the drain) ,or a term in jail (a shit load of money and possibly years of your life down the drain,or as in some well known cases all of the above plus a little extra).

Also you need to hand over your Handgun Ownership Permit.

Old 01-31-2010, 04:43 AM   #10
JCC

Quote:
Well I'm not pulling some Jedi-Mind fuck on you or anything.

The law states that you can legally Open carry a holstered sidearm if it is unloaded (Chamber is empty and an unloaded magazine/Nothing in the Magazine well).

If a Cop stops and asks you to verify your weapon,you must hand him an unloaded firearm,if the firearm is loaded you could face a stiff fine,have your firearm and permit Confiscated(Time and money down the drain) ,or a term in jail (a shit load of money and possibly years of your life down the drain,or as in some well known cases all of the above plus a little extra).

Also you need to hand over your Handgun Ownership Permit.
So when the cops were called, it was because people could not see if the firearm was loaded. The carrier wasn't arrested, even though he was clearly in violation of the rules set by the establishment that they were in, which means that their treatment at the hands of the police was more than amicable. With that in mind, what the fuck are you angry at?
Old 01-31-2010, 06:13 AM   #11
Deadmanwalking_05

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC View Post
So when the cops were called, it was because people could not see if the firearm was loaded. The carrier wasn't arrested, even though he was clearly in violation of the rules set by the establishment that they were in, which means that their treatment at the hands of the police was more than amicable. With that in mind, what the fuck are you angry at?
You just don't get it at all.

Old 01-31-2010, 07:03 AM   #12
JCC

Quote:
You just don't get it at all.
Then explain it; after all, I did ask you to explain why you were angry.
Old 01-31-2010, 07:30 AM   #13
DRM

Well JCC, sometimes stupidity is hard to explain.
Old 01-31-2010, 10:26 AM   #14
Malice In Wonderland

HI, I'M A FAT HICK AND I LOVE GUNS.
apparently I can type in upper case if there's tons of lower case.

"One mohawk wasn't enough to keep up with how badass he is so he had to get two." - Haunted House, about me, YEAH, ME!

Terror Nuclear,Terror Nuclear
Malice In Wonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 10:28 AM   #15
Despanan

Quote:
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/...entry_id=56281

Open Carry gun advocates in the Bay Area are easy to spot. With unloaded firearms strapped to their sides, they meet at coffee shops and other places to protest exercise their right to bear arms, drawing plenty of attention from the media, cops and bystanders along the way. A group of proponents converged at a local Starbucks in November. Earlier this month, members of Bay Area Open Carry gathered at a Peet's Coffee & Tea in Livermore, triggering a 911 call. Cops responded and frisked one man during his interview with ABC7 (see video below). And last week's meeting at the Peet's in San Ramon caused quite a stir among customers who both disapproved and praised the heat-packing patrons, according to The Oakland Tribune...

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/...#ixzz0eARSxHU5
So...Your douchebag friends decided they wanted to try some IRL trolling, just so they could act all butt-hurt when people responded to their antics unfavorably.

BRILLIANT.

God you gun guys are such fags.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger
I have chugged more than ten epic boners.
Despanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 03:58 AM   #16
CptSternn

Why would anyone want to carry guns in public. Just because they have the 'right'? They have the right to wear a moo moo and hit themselves in the head with a rubber chicken as well, why not exercise that right?

You know where they also carry guns in the streets? Places like Somalia and Beirut. They of course have a real reason, not just a small penis.

I live in a country where no one has guns. You can get one if you get a special license, but for the most part no one has any. You know how many gun deaths have happened around where I live over the past couple of DECADES? None. When I leave a nightclub and go home I never have to worry about someone shooting me for any reason.

I much rather be in a society where its safe enough to not have guns than one that insists on having them for 'protection'.

Plus, everyone here fights. In Ireland on the weekends in pubs when people disagree people still go outside and fight with their fists, often. Thats because we are not little pussies who need to carry guns to defend ourselves.
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 04:03 AM   #17
Deadmanwalking_05

Just take a look at some of the things you've posted and you have a perfect example of what I meant by saying "Something akin to Racism".

Because your responses are just that...hand in hand with hate speech and just as narrow minded.

Old 02-03-2010, 07:10 AM   #18
Alan

What a fucking pussy. Bad words are now hate speech, huh?
real classy
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 02:42 PM   #19
Deadmanwalking_05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
What a fucking pussy. Bad words are now hate speech, huh?

And it continues.

Old 02-03-2010, 03:32 PM   #20
Ben Lahnger

Deadman, it was an organized attempt to get a reaction, and they got one. It's nothing like racism. It's not that other people here aren't getting it. It's that you have over-exaggerated your case.

BTW, as a person with years of retail management experience, any establishment I managed would have the same rule about not allowing customers carrying firearms in the stores or on the outdoor seating premises unless they are uniformed or identified law enforcement officers.

Because as the manager of a private business my role is not to help people assert their civil rights ... it's to make sure that I create an environment that is welcoming to the broadest base of customers, maximizing the profit potential of the business. And I believe getting a reputation for having a group of people hanging out with guns on the premises would be a great disincentive for many folks to come there.

That has nothing to do with how lawful you are or what rights you have. It's just simple business sense.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 02:01 AM   #21
CptSternn

Even in places where carrying a gun is legal in public or with a weapons permit they are still not allowed to carry it in places that serve alcohol, schools, banks, houses of worship, federal buildings, and a few other designated places.

I guess that too is because the government is discriminating against gun owners.

But don't take my word for it. Strap on your side arm and head on down to the local nursery school and have a walk around the grounds, or better yet, down to the local federal courthouse and see if you can make it through the front door without being stopped by those pesky racists.
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 08:11 PM   #22
Random Havoc

This isn't akin to racism. There's a very large public safety concern when people are carrying firearms, openly, loaded, or unloaded. I have no problem with the cops verifying through search, and detainment that these people were not breaking the law. To make the point even more clear, I am a gun nut. I have a carry-concealed license for the state in which I live, and frequently have a loaded 9mm on my person. If a cop has any reason to talk to me at all, the first thing I do is let him know I'm carrying, show my license, and hand over my firearm for the duration of the discussion. I don't feel my rights are violated if they ask to search me afterwards, they don't know what kind of person I am, they don't know anything about me. More than once I've had a business owner spot my gun under my coat and call the police, it's the risk I take to carry it.
Random Havoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 08:43 PM   #23
Razeal18

If its such a hassel then why didnt those gents have thier weapons peace bound? its farily simple to do. stick a plastic bind cord thru the hole where the shells come out the bottom where you insert the clip. This would prove to everyone that there was truley no immediate threat to the public at large. Basically either wear a weapons prince albert or keep both your cocks outta sight. And mistreating minorities and being weary around someone with a gun really cant be compared. One makes a conciouse choice the other is the victim of stupidity of others. Screaming about how your civil rights are being trampled on because you made a choice and you had full knowledge of (or atleast scince you can write you name on a piece of paper had the brain power to figure out) reactions would come is silly.
Razeal18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 02:01 PM   #24
Heretic

*catches his breath after laughing his ass off*

Unless I'm missing something, that appeared to be an argument equating dark skin with a man-made weapon designed specifically to kill people. Maybe that guy would have had something of an argument if those gun owners had been forced to use "separate but equal" public facilities, or if they couldn't get a job because they owned a registered firearm.

No, really, that was easily the funniest thing I've read so far this year.

*laughs some more*

- Heretic
Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 02:08 PM   #25
Ben Lahnger

Stick around. He posts lots of "funny" stuff like that.
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote