Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > TV, Movies, & Games
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

TV, Movies, & Games Talk about your favorite TV shows, movies, games, and other media here. Or don't. We don't want to tell you what to do or anything.

Old 11-19-2005, 02:49 PM   #1
Manimal

Evil Dead: Regeneration

Bruce Campbell, Deadites, a half pint sidekick, and a chainsaw... good freaking times

I've already played the game - and I loved it. We get Xbox magazine and my son plays the demos. This month has the demo for Evil Dead: Regeneration and while I was hesitant at first to let him play it, hearing his giggly laughter every time Ash boots his sidekick, lights himself on fire, or says something crass just reinforced how bad a parent I would be if I were to deny him such fun.

So... Evil Dead: Regeneration, if it's good enough for my five year old then it's good enough for you!
Manimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2005, 03:23 PM   #2
The Crazy Irishman

So this one's alright then? Just I seem to remember the last one (fistful of boomstick was it?) being a bit rubbish

Either way I'll check it out
The Crazy Irishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 08:59 PM   #3
Deadhymn

This one is FAR AND ABOVE the best Evil Dead game so far. Im about 3/4 of the way through, and its HILARIOUS on top of being fun to play and the controls are completely new to the franchise, and actually WORK with the game for once, which is a huge improvement on a basic function. GO BUY IT!
Deadhymn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 11:16 PM   #4
AlKilyu

Why is this the first I have heard of this? Vandammit!

If games like that weren't so expensive, I'd put that on my birthday/Christmas list!
AlKilyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 11:20 PM   #5
rockandrose

Al, perhaps when you get your money back from that dude, you could spend it on this game?
Old 11-26-2005, 03:58 PM   #6
TheKorovaMilkbar

I'm definitely gonna have to check this game out. I love the Evil Dead series. I wear the Evil Dead shirt all the time. (I've even got it on in my profile picture)
Old 12-21-2005, 12:40 PM   #7
AlKilyu

I got this for birthday/Christmas (thanks eyes! ^_^) and it's pretty friggin good! The first one was horrid, the second one was actually pretty good, but this beats em all.
Old 12-21-2005, 08:31 PM   #8
Demon Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlKilyu
I got this for birthday/Christmas (thanks eyes! ^_^) and it's pretty friggin good! The first one was horrid, the second one was actually pretty good, but this beats em all.
What's the storyline following this time?
Demon Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 12:22 AM   #9
AlKilyu

To be honest, it acts like the other games never happened I think, which is fine by me, and just takes it from Evil Dead 2 on. There is NO mention of Army of Darkness, which might be because they only have the rights to ED2. He doesn't have his mechanical hand, that tells me that they are making a mint in bypassing Universal which that is perfectly fine in my book, and I LOVED Army of Darkness.

Remember when all the shit in the cabin was laughing at him? That's where it begins, then we start with Ash in an insane asylum where his defense lawyer just found out he was telling the truth by breaking in to the (mad) doctor's files. She leaves to expose the truth to the law and in the meantime, the head doctor tries to use the Necrinomicon and fucks up royally.

The professor who's cabin they stayed at is in this to help Ash along in his quest. I always wondered if his soul was indeed freed at the end of ED2. Apparently not.
Old 12-23-2005, 11:27 AM   #10
Demon Eyes

Whoa, it sounds good. I think I'll go buy it now. Army of Darkness was so cool, I mean even seeing how cheaply done it was made and bypassing all the cheapy special effects, it was just way to damn funny!!
Bruce Campbell is the coolest!!!! Anyways, back to the game. How's the overall game play, cause I liked the other games to some extent, but they always left me feeling as though I was missing something in the story, and a bit on the overall feel of it. What's your take on it AlKilyu?
Demon Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote