Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 04-24-2016, 04:40 PM   #1
LovelyLunaxx

The struggle goes on

Hello lovelies, I have not been on here in a while...many things in life are taking on a "woe was me" vibe as of late. I like deep and engaging discussions but they are hard to come by unfortunately, and even more so in my every day life. If only people would look beyond my "spooky" appearance and realize what a loving and giving soul I have...sad how shallow and judgmental this society is. So yes, this is a slight blubber, woe was me waffle I'm sharing with the only dears who might understand. Thanks for letting me share.
LovelyLunaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 05:52 AM   #2
Pr1aP1sm

Luna... Sister Moon,

That familiar struggle can make life daunting.
There isn't a day that goes by without me wishing people could see something more than just my ugly face, and the way I dress. But that's part of who I am. It would be fake of me to try and be anything else.
And by extension... It would be a Lie.

Between my own dysfunctional qualities, friends who don't quite get it anymore, and the bar scene...
I've almost given up on engaging conversation.

Here at least, no one can see how "Spooky" you are.
(And honestly, I feel safe in saying that most of us like "Spooky")
So let us see a little of that LovelyLuna soul, And tell us...

What do you like to talk about?
Pr1aP1sm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 02:15 PM   #3
LovelyLunaxx

Thanks for taking the time to respond Pr1aP1sm, you have a lovely heart. I love to discuss so many things, mainly I love to get to know people and what they are passionate about. I find the trouble is often that people like to know someone on a surface level because that is safe, but I like to plunge deeper. It is indeed very rare to find those willing to open up a piece of their soul and let you see within.
I also do so understand about friends not getting it. That has been happening with me a lot lately also, I am sorry it is happening to you.
Old 05-14-2016, 10:56 AM   #4
Anise

Spooky is celebrated
Fortunately I live in a location where there are few people.
Unfortunately .. I tend to stick out like a sore thumb ...
'Oh look, there's the witch' :o
Often it seems easier to hide in throngs of people?
It's the misunderstanding that I dress/look like I do for attention *cringe*
Errr no .. I am 'this' because it's Me.
An expression of my inner on the outer.
I feel safe in black, I feel safe like this o.O

I am actually surprisingly pleasant lol, I walk grannies across busy roads.

So sweet sister LovelyLunaxx, you are I feel understood here <3
Anise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 11:30 AM   #5
LovelyLunaxx

Thank you. It is quite a nice reminder, where I live there really isn't any support for the "goth" community. I am sure we have all heard the typical snide comments "Halloween is over/going to a costume party?/WITCH!" and list goes on and on. Thank you for letting me vent my woes, lovelies! xxx
Old 05-19-2016, 12:31 PM   #6
Anise

BIG (((hugs))) & Goth *high 5's*
Anise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 10:54 PM   #7
Acharis

I'm going to say something left field... Not everyone has goth friends, and intelligent engagement is definitely not limited to goths.

It can be distancing if someone is dressed to the nines and emanating tension because they expect to be judged, and it may be that people need to see more of who you are behind the spookiness.

Perhaps dress slightly more casual and attend an interest group which gives you something to talk about with the others?
Acharis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 07:07 AM   #8
Videogirl88

I always find it hard to start discussions with anyone in real life. Talking online, though, you can say anything. I've found a lot of great people to have engaging discussions with on the internet. Usually they don't have a clue what you look like either, so it isn't a problem.
Videogirl88 is offline   Reply With Quote