Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Politics
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics "Under democracy, one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule -and both commonly succeed, and are right." -H.L. Menken

Old 02-05-2011, 07:16 PM   #1
Occident

Are Post-modern (white) Goths conformist?

N.B.
**Before the Left wingers (and I know there are many) start having temper tantrums and posting in a totally outdated-Freudo-Marxist-irrational manner, I would ask that they at least take the time to view the video links provided below with an open, rational mind (if this is at all possible).**

Good evening ladies and gentlemen, good evening to your esteemed colleagues,

I have a question for contemporary (hereinafter specifically, ‘white’) goths that addresses their conformity to the status quo, i.e., the mannerisms, or zeitgeist of multiculturalism and diversity. I was under the impression that goths rebel against everything, ie., that goths are anti-_____. (everything)

To provide some contextual background, I have included links to some videos which briefly explains and critiques cultural marxism (which is primarily responsible for the current cultural zeitgeist); I realize that this is not the entire story (to do so, would fill volumes) but it is a start, particularly amongst you who have been “schooled” in contemporary academia or, more accurately, “indoctrinated”, so to speak.

The Frankfurt School:
Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghx3d1GiAc0

Part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkcy7256tBM

Part 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fG6TcYfpQOg

Minority Rule: (covers a wider range of intellectual discourse including Boasian Anthropology and Evolutionary Psychology)

Parts 1 to 6:

Part 1 (just link to other parts on youtube)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPnCB...eature=related

I have perused this website, and found an overwhelming majority of the goths are "left leaning" cultural marxists, who also advocate diversity/multiculturalism, which, in turn, inevitably includes the destruction of Western civilization. When viewed in this context, it seems that especially (white) goths willingly conform to their marxist professors/educators/peers without even thinking critically about the multicultural zeitgeist and its implications for their own (Western) culture.

Now, the current zeitgeist of multiculturalism and diversity is adopted by all mainstream institutions, including academia. If goths accept this world view, as they obviously do, (often in a very condescending and violent way- the antifa comes to mind, but I digress…), it is contrary to the gothic mentality of rebellion; for, if goths were rebellious, would they not rebel against this constant influx of cultural marxism that is now mainstream? Why do goths still conform to this liberal/leftist multicultural zeitgeist? I've known many goths to simply accept these ideas without thinking about challenging them in any way.

Goths were rebellious many years ago when conservatism was not only mainstream, but also espoused traditional conservative (aka paleoconservative) ideas, and goths rebelled against that ideology by adopting the opinions of their marxist professors/educators. But now, it is ironic that no goth - not even one- rebels against what is now mainstream, whether neocon or liberal, and there might be a few reasons for this.

One reason is the marxist’s invention of “nova lingua” or new language to suppress any sort of criticism of the left; words such as racist, homophobe, politically incorrect, etc. Specifically, (white) European goths are terrified of such labels and one wonders how this came about? The aforementioned words above and phrases such as "ethnic sensitivity training" or "hate speech," indeed, such flowery expressions. Who crafted these words? They did not exist in our vocabulary some 30-40 years ago. And I'm stunned as to why there has not been a counter cultural back lash against this constant ideological tyranny from the marxist left, especially among youth. In only one country, the USA, where citizens are still protected under the first amendment, it boggles the mind as to why young (white) goths have not had more courage to rebel and are not using their constitutional rights to dislodge these marxists from the institutions, regardless of whatever "label" the left slings at them.

Another reason is the criminalization (in some unfortunate countries such as Canada or Germany) of such criticisms of the left by passing legislation and dealing out heavy penalties for such criticisms; again, what happened to those rebellious goths of yesteryear who rebelled against the (conservative) establishment which laid down laws that trampled on their freedoms? Why are they not now right there to protest that very same mainstream establishment (that has now morphed into the tyrannical left due to the residual cultural signifiers of marxism) and is again toying with the idea trampling on personal freedoms in the name of multiculturalism and diversity?

Finally, another reason is obviously the educational system and the resulting cultural hegemony of the marxists – in short, a cultural vacuum with no cultural alternative available to the youth. As marxist educators, they are able to reach the masses and it becomes very easy, not so much to educate, but rather to indoctrinate the youth. And this is particularly true in the humanities, social-sciences and arts, which are typically the "goth domain." It is little wonder that they conform, after all, if they disagree with their profs, they are likely to be ostracized by their peers or receive a lesser grade. So much for quality education.

So, ladies and gentlemen, in my conclusion, what would you, as (white) goths, think about a “Neue Kultur”, or a new mannerism or counter cultural effort that rejects or rebels against the tyranny of the cultural marxists? That rejects the vulgarity, degeneracy and lies of the fascist left and restores the nobility, propriety, tradition, morality and above all, truth of the New Right? Do you think that this is at all possible, to rebel against these dominant institutions who have too much political control due to their cultural hegemony? In short, to fight for what is, from a Western perspective, right?

As our (white) current situation inevitably leads to the partitioning of ethno-states, (c.f., Wilmot Robertson’s “The Ethnostate”) due to the inherent racial tensions that always come with multiculturalism and diversity, I believe that (white) goths, will eventually shake off the yoke of marxist/leftist multicultural tyranny. It seems that Nature is already telling us what is truth:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...s-America.html
http://www.articlesafari.com/2010/09...lly-identical/
http://www.articlesafari.com/2010/09...e-from-africa/

As science, more and more each day, continues to prove that there are indeed very real racial differences and as “social engineers” come to acknowledge that there are huge unbreakable barriers to achieving a multicultural society, as (white) goths see their opportunities taken away from them in the name of tyrannical policies such as affirmative action and hate speech, there is only one (Right) direction, to which (white) goths will turn…

Thank you kindly for reading my essay. I look forward to reading your responses.
Occident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 02:59 AM   #2
Apathy's_Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Occident View Post
N.B.
**Before the Left wingers (and I know there are many) start having temper tantrums and posting in a totally outdated-Freudo-Marxist-irrational manner, I would ask that they at least take the time to view the video links provided below with an open, rational mind (if this is at all possible).**
And that, right there, is where I stopped reading to think, "Who is this dickwad?"

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 10:32 AM   #3
PortraitOfSanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apathy's_Child View Post
And that, right there, is where I stopped reading to think, "Who is this dickwad?"
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I don't hate you. Saying I hate you would be like saying I hate a dog with no legs trying to cross a busy freeway.
-Mr. Filth
PortraitOfSanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 02:59 PM   #4
Alan

This would be more relevant if we took 'goth' with any seriousness.
real classy
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 03:25 PM   #5
MissCheyenne

Are there even any people here who seriously consider themselves to be 'goth'?

I am your slice of pie
MissCheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 03:36 PM   #6
Murder.Of.Crows

Hey! i take it very seriously, without some word, i could possibly die!.. -_- my jokes are getting crappier every day.
Old 02-06-2011, 07:19 PM   #7
Catch

Occident, no one ever said Goths are rebelious or against the mainstream. Goths believe in a system where people are free to experience life, up to a point where it starts affecting others and others may then have a problem with them.

Goths might be targeted by black people, because several are fair skinned, but Goth is interracial. Most Goths have a multi-racial background and therefore, might look white, but they are not. They are not going to take your bullsh*t like other sheep bowing down in fear of judgment because their families are Native Americans who were killed on the Trail of Tears or Asian who are still the minority slave class shoved out of the public spotlight or Latino who are in general talked about badly on regular basis.

You know I've about had it. I know you're another black person who makes other black Goths look bad. FYI, I am totally serious about knowing black Goths. In fact, one of my Black Goth Friends isn't even Black. He is Irish. He is probably about as dark as Chris Rock and has a similarity and guess what he hates "blacks" too because you're trashy.

You don't have to be trashy. It is a personal choice and I don't know why I have to put up with your jerked off name calling. I am totally sick of it. You don't like someone stay away from them.

In addition, in most countries slaves were the same race as the masters. A lot of English peasents were slaves to English masters. In most countries they were called Serfs. The English have special little names for what kind of slave they were, such as; Wench girl who serves drinks and gives hand jobs to the nobility.

So why don't you go cry your b*tch ass over somewhere else, cause I don't care about you and your socialized media exploit making you think you have the right to step up to me with all this bullSh*t. You and you're little buddies are free to leave the forum anytime you want.
Old 02-08-2011, 07:06 AM   #8
Treyonator56

Why does everyone think "black" people are bad? Im "black" and I'm just like you guys. I use proper grammar, listen to techno, and all the heavy shit. I even wear black combat boots from time to time, with all the latest buttons hanging from my hoody. There is nothing wrong with black people, and being "trashy" is not a choice. IF you grow up, in a trailer park, with nothing but your friends, a Play Station, and a television set, your going to get bored! That boredom leads to smoking illegal substances, and hanging out with the wrong people. Anyways, haters will hate, nothing you, me, or anyone that wants to do something about it, can do. Its going to happen, but this black dude isnt "trashy", so you can leave the forums, or put up with it. End of problem. Have a nice day!
Treyonator56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 07:40 AM   #9
MissCheyenne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catch View Post
Occident, no one ever said Goths are rebelious or against the mainstream. Goths believe in a system where people are free to experience life, up to a point where it starts affecting others and others may then have a problem with them.
Wtf is this hippy bullshit?

I am your slice of pie
MissCheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 08:05 AM   #10
PortraitOfSanity

Quote:

Goths might be targeted by black people, because several are fair skinned, but Goth is interracial. Most Goths have a multi-racial background and therefore, might look white, but they are not. They are not going to take your bullsh*t like other sheep bowing down in fear of judgment because their families are Native Americans who were killed on the Trail of Tears or Asian who are still the minority slave class shoved out of the public spotlight or Latino who are in general talked about badly on regular basis.

You know I've about had it. I know you're another black person who makes other black Goths look bad. FYI, I am totally serious about knowing black Goths. In fact, one of my Black Goth Friends isn't even Black. He is Irish. He is probably about as dark as Chris Rock and has a similarity and guess what he hates "blacks" too because you're trashy.

You don't have to be trashy. It is a personal choice and I don't know why I have to put up with your jerked off name calling. I am totally sick of it. You don't like someone stay away from them.

In addition, in most countries slaves were the same race as the masters. A lot of English peasents were slaves to English masters. In most countries they were called Serfs. The English have special little names for what kind of slave they were, such as; Wench girl who serves drinks and gives hand jobs to the nobility.

So why don't you go cry your b*tch ass over somewhere else, cause I don't care about you and your socialized media exploit making you think you have the right to step up to me with all this bullSh*t. You and you're little buddies are free to leave the forum anytime you want.
I detest you.

I don't hate you. Saying I hate you would be like saying I hate a dog with no legs trying to cross a busy freeway.
-Mr. Filth
Old 02-08-2011, 08:41 AM   #11
ape descendant

@ OP - Shut up, conformithst...

Be Kind
ape descendant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 08:55 PM   #12
Catch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treyonator56 View Post
Why does everyone think "black" people are bad? Im "black" and I'm just like you guys. I use proper grammar, listen to techno, and all the heavy shit. I even wear black combat boots from time to time, with all the latest buttons hanging from my hoody. There is nothing wrong with black people, and being "trashy" is not a choice. IF you grow up, in a trailer park, with nothing but your friends, a Play Station, and a television set, your going to get bored! That boredom leads to smoking illegal substances, and hanging out with the wrong people. Anyways, haters will hate, nothing you, me, or anyone that wants to do something about it, can do. Its going to happen, but this black dude isnt "trashy", so you can leave the forums, or put up with it. End of problem. Have a nice day!
I don't think you're bad, but I'm tired of the double-standard. People don't want to recognize the negative stereotype related to being white.

The comment about the Irish probably out-of-line. Even reverse-racists have rights. (I wonder if Occident is a Neo Nazi or something now.)

All these threads should be taken down. Google rules state, "Content related to racial intolerance or advocacy against any individual, group or organisation."

https://www.google.com/adsense/suppo...0c&src=cb&lev= index

I find the comment against Goth kind everywhere, though I suppose it isn't a big deal. Wooo Hooo! It's some much fun having unlimited understanding about everything. (Going to put them on my ignore list.)
Old 02-08-2011, 08:57 PM   #13
Catch

I cannot find the ignore list button.
Old 02-08-2011, 10:15 PM   #14
PortraitOfSanity

Quote:
I don't think you're bad, but I'm tired of the double-standard. People don't want to recognize the negative stereotype related to being white.
Yea man, what's 200 years of slavery and the ensuing hatred, compared to everyone assuming you're rich and from the suburbs?

Do you even think this shit through?

-Mr. Filth
Old 02-09-2011, 09:59 AM   #15
Catch

Quote:
Originally Posted by PortraitOfSanity View Post
Yea man, what's 200 years of slavery and the ensuing hatred, compared to everyone assuming you're rich and from the suburbs?

Do you even think this shit through?
The double standard is assuming white people are racist; therfore, are not able to discuss anything race related or even when giving criticism people may assume the criticism is different than they would anyone else because of race.

Now I have decided Occident is a Latino, Native American or Asian because it seems like they are always jockken everyone with their media influenced reality thinking it is okay talking about all this crap and making big assumptions about everyone else as some kind of entertainment!

Anyway the race issues need to be contained. Someone started the whole deal and people have otherwise been logical and considerate?... It seems to be getting worse. People really should not have been harrassing Vin and the whole thing is starting to get stupid.
Old 02-09-2011, 07:46 PM   #16
PortraitOfSanity

Quote:
The double standard is assuming white people are racist; therfore, are not able to discuss anything race related or even when giving criticism people may assume the criticism is different than they would anyone else because of race.

Now I have decided Occident is a Latino, Native American or Asian because it seems like they are always jockken everyone with their media influenced reality thinking it is okay talking about all this crap and making big assumptions about everyone else as some kind of entertainment!

Anyway the race issues need to be contained. Someone started the whole deal and people have otherwise been logical and considerate?... It seems to be getting worse. People really should not have been harrassing Vin and the whole thing is starting to get stupid.
You just complained that people assume that all white people are racist, and followed it up with a racially profiled statement.

Good job. You really proved em wrong!

-Mr. Filth
Old 02-12-2011, 04:02 PM   #17
KissMeDeadly

The whole race thing in general is stupid. It's time to stop punishing white people (even though we do deserve it) as well as all the ignorance and retard-strong hatred for all other races (as well as whites) and just let everybody be fucking equal.

I swear, race arguments are like listening to those women on Rock of Love bitch about who loves Bret more. It's all pointless and shallow.

Also

****** ****** ******, ****** ****** ****** ******.
KissMeDeadly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 04:39 PM   #18
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by KissMeDeadly View Post
The whole race thing in general is stupid. It's time to stop punishing white people (even though we do deserve it)
Yes, poor, poor white people. The darkies just don't understand what its like having all the money and power in the world.

Its not easy having a good time. Even smiling makes my face ache.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 05:50 PM   #19
Catch

Quote:
Originally Posted by PortraitOfSanity View Post
You just complained that people assume that all white people are racist, and followed it up with a racially profiled statement.

Good job. You really proved em wrong!
Yah, I'm having fun and hoping all the race related threads will be removed. They bug me. It should have stopped with "Blacks don't make good vampires" but oh well.

I suppose it has not gotten that bad. I'll stop feeding the flames, again.

Back in the time of the Post-Modern movement, most people were trying to accept desegretgation and throw off the old way of separating people by race. By today's standards they might seem racist, because it was a new thing people were trying; however, they were probably the least racist group of people anywhere, so whatever that means.
Old 02-12-2011, 06:40 PM   #20
KissMeDeadly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
Yes, poor, poor white people. The darkies just don't understand what its like having all the money and power in the world.

Its not easy having a good time. Even smiling makes my face ache.
You clearly didn't understand my point at all
KissMeDeadly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 07:28 PM   #21
Saya

I get what you're saying, and its silly and adds nothing to the argument. White people have privilege, we can bitch that no one likes us, but the fact remains that even if no one likes us, we have the ability to say tough shit and never own up to it.

Furthermore, we can't suddenly act like we're post-racist when we still live in a very racist world, and acting like it isn't makes it worse, not better.
Old 02-12-2011, 08:16 PM   #22
Solumina

We are by no means post-racist but racism is not just whites against everyone else. Around here it seems pretty evenly spread, and not just with the people who are from this area, I've had the joy of having people of almost every major ethnic group complain that the property I work for lets [insert random ethnic group] stay at or work for our property. The most common complaints that I get are about the (very white) Russians we have working for us (and we do have a lot of them because we have an exchange program where they can get English language credits and a fair number end up sticking around), but we also get complaints about "the man" trying to steal all of the guests money with high maintenance fees, people bitch about us being a bunch of rednecks, I get told how "ghetto" some of our staff and guests are, apparently the "dirty illegals" say nasty things in Spanish and steal stuff, all of the Muslims are terrorists, the Asians are mean and pushy. It comes from people of all colors and is directed at people of all colors.

I'm not saying that there aren't groups that are kept down and that racism doesn't still cause problems but we can't pretend that it isn't a two way street (or more accurately a very complicated highway interchange). Simplifying racism only makes it harder to deal with and helps people to justify their ignorance and hate.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 08:45 PM   #23
Saya

But we can't not also pretend that white privilege doesn't exist. Not so long in Canada we tried to assimilate and basically commit genocide against Natives, we live longer, we earn far more money (here Native women earn 49 cents on average to the average white man's dollar, white women earn 79 cents to every white man's dollar), we're more likely to go on to secondary education, less likely to live in poverty (Native women are a minority in Vancouver, but First Nations women account for 52% of the sex workers there), and the justice system is not skewered against us as much as other groups (in 2005 6 in 10 prisoners in local jails were ethnic minorities, blacks account for 12% of the American population but 38% of the prison population)

Yeah, anyone can be racist, but white people have quite a bit of an advantage over everyone else in a systematic way.
Old 02-12-2011, 09:10 PM   #24
Saya

Gah, curse the edit time limit! Holy double negative Batman.
Old 02-12-2011, 09:10 PM   #25
Solumina

Just going to throw this out there when my dad graduated high school outside of Boston it was harder for an Irishman like him to get a job than a black man. Going beyond that I live in an area where whites are not the most common ethnic group and I've felt the sting of the courts being less than forgiving of something as simple as a small traffic violation while other people in court got slaps on the wrist for things like driving on a suspended license. As I said, racism is a problem, no denying that, but it isn't as simple as "whites are privileged and keep other people down" and trying to make things simple dismisses "less standard" racism as harmless.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote