Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 07-17-2023, 01:24 PM   #1
mothman

Man of moth

Hey, I'm Rowan, or mothman or moth, whatever comes to mind. I'm 22 and use they/them pronouns. I live on the East coast of Canada, so feel free to reach out if you're from the sameish area - I rarely run into people into goth music. I love the punk scene but I love listening to deathrock even more and sometimes I just really want to talk about it. I've only ever dipped my toes into goth communities on tumblr and reddit so I figured I'd try posting on here.

My music taste is kind of all over the place but usually centers somewhere around punk, post-punk, deathrock, metal, and hardcore. I'm generally into the big staples of goth music, but some of my favorite bands (not necessarily goth) are Rosetta Stone, My Chemical Romance (haha yeah), Iron Maiden, and Bauhaus. I also love Fall Out Boy and I accept all criticism haha, they're not necessarily "good". I love a lot of music and I wish that 8tracks was still a thing so that I could just make a playlist of songs that I hold dear. Maybe I'll make a playlist on YouTube, even though it doesn't quite feel the same.

I'm really into printmaking but asking me about it is probably a mistake unless you want to be talked at for a long time. Same with niche indie video games like Yume Nikki (2004) or Hypnospace Outlaw (2019).

A lot of social media / forum sites don't really stick with me, but I hope that this one will. I want to be more active in communities surrounding music. Plus it's extra nice to find people with similar aesthetic tastes.
mothman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2023, 03:06 PM   #2
WinterBorn

Hey rowan good to meet you this place seems pretty dead and it doesnt look like new posts outside of this board are getting approved plus a lot of comments that seem to be written by ai with links imbedded in them.
WinterBorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2023, 09:28 AM   #3
mothman

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterBorn View Post
Hey rowan good to meet you this place seems pretty dead and it doesnt look like new posts outside of this board are getting approved plus a lot of comments that seem to be written by ai with links imbedded in them.
Aw man, that sucks. Seems that way with a lot of forums these days. At least there's a lot of older posts and threads to look through.
mothman is offline   Reply With Quote