Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Commentary
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Commentary Dicussion and feedback for Gothic.net articles, fiction, and news. This is where the community gets to add their thoughts and perhaps constructive opinions about the fiction and articles and such.

Old 12-14-2005, 05:31 PM   #1
Eeegor

Welcome to Weirdsville: Sweet, Sweet Death by M. Christian

Quote:
"Tell me, what was 15 feet high, moved at 35 miles-per-hour, and killed 21 people in 1919?"

"I don't know, Mr. Bones, what WAS 16 feet high, moved at 35 miles-per-hour, and killed 21 people in 1919?"

"Well, before I tell ya, I'm going to first have to tell you about the sweet brown liquor called rum."
Read the full article
Eeegor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 05:46 PM   #2
JethroAranas

new guy in here...some help?
JethroAranas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 05:47 PM   #3
JethroAranas

please. at least some one teach me how this net works?
Old 01-06-2010, 06:28 AM   #4
ape descendant

That was awesome, I had heard about the molasses flood before, but never told in such a riveting way.
ape descendant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 03:27 PM   #5
JethroAranas

what's that?
Old 01-06-2010, 03:28 PM   #6
JethroAranas

what's the difference between an emo and a goth??
Old 01-07-2010, 09:50 AM   #7
ape descendant

Hair cut, color scheme and music choice... not to mention an avarage of about 5 years in age.
Old 01-07-2010, 12:39 PM   #8
Wolve

Quote:
Originally Posted by ape descendant View Post
Hair cut, color scheme and music choice... not to mention an avarage of about 5 years in age.
Or 25 in my case.
Wolve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 12:41 PM   #9
ape descendant

LOL!!! Yah!!
Old 01-18-2010, 09:32 PM   #10
JethroAranas

fuck freeair. we're talking!
Old 01-23-2010, 04:35 AM   #11
iack08

I've just watched doctor who

Outstanding! I've just watched the episode where Pertwee's and Baker's Dr. Who companion, Sarah Jane Smith (played by the lovely Elizabeth Sladen) makes a guest cameo appearance. And... and.. And... AND, K-9! Replete with John Lesson's voice to reprise the role.I mean.. WOW! This is terrific! I laughed, I cried, I cheered, I applauded! :-) When things looked rough for the Doctor, I shouted at my TV, "Bring in K-9!", and sure enough my favorite mechanical pooch was there serving as the Doctor's best friend, and many a best friend of many a child on after school television. What could be better? :-) I saw a couple episodes previous to this, and was impressed with the production values, and liked what I saw. But, it wasn't until this bit of nostalgia blast that this show, after laying siege to my heart with its upgraded and upbeat revamping of the classic series, captured my heart.I willingly surrendered to not only the high gloss, but the core character of the entire series, the adventurous, ever moral, ever smart, ever upstanding, ever caring, ever clever, never dying, always regenerating, and rather eccentric genius and all around good guy, The Doctor (a.k.a. Drax back on Gallifrae (spelling?)).Doctor Who DVD I grew up with was not the dashing leading man of swash-buckle fair. No, he was your best friend in chemistry class. The cool instructor who was cool because he was so damn smart and wanting you to learn what he knew because he cared for you, and valued all living things. :-) These are what make the Doctor such a magnificent character, and such an alluring figure for children and adults alike. He is the everyday hero whose smarts out-weigh his good-looks of which he has very little. Why? Because he doesn't need them.
iack08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 10:22 PM   #12
dstvs20

42_120

The best Star Trek seriesI remember back in the late 80's, I would wait until 11PM for Star Trek tocome on. I really didn't like the original series, but occasionally watchedit. My uncle got me into the Next Generation. I liked it's characters too.An unforgettable one at that. I watched a few episodes of Deep Space NineandVoyager, but I didn't think that either were as good as the Jean-Luc Pecardera. I was kind of upset when the show ended in 1994. But when they broughtout the first movie with the Next Generation cast, I was excited. It waskind of weird that they have released 3 movies featuring this cast eventhough their show ended years before. And yet the journey has not yetended,for there is a Star Trek X coming out next year. A great and unforgettableshow.the Next Generation Complete Series
dstvs20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 03:50 AM   #13
Pineapple_Juice

I'm so sick of seeing this thread title in the board index.
Old 03-27-2010, 10:08 PM   #14
the-nihilist

I didn't read the full article, because I probably have AADD. Can someone give me a brief summary?
Old 03-29-2010, 12:36 AM   #15
dstvs20

42_91

I think that Star Trek:The Next Generation is one of my favorite television shows.I have been a Star Trek fan ever since I was a little kid. I am not toohip about the old Star Trek with William Shatner.....you can tell thatis all fake and some of the dialog is stale and boring. And CaptainKirk should not always get the girl in the end. The Next Generation isone of the best sci-fi shows that I have ever seen. And the full lengthmovies that have been made from this television show are awesome too. Ithink that the graphics for these shows are good. They don't compare towhat can be done now. And I don't care if it is all fake or made up orwhat ever. You have to have a bit of imagination to be able to sit andwatch a show like this. Everybody knows that this is fake. But whoreally cares? I don't watch TV to see reality shows. I watch the newsfor reality. Some people just don't know a good show when they see one.You would just have had to grow up in a Star Trek household, like Idid, to understand and appreciate it.Star Trek The Next Generation Complete SeriesStar Trek: The Next Generation!Star Trek: The Next Generation was a great series This is arguably onethe best TV series' ever! This show allowed more characters especiallyalien characters to be brought into the Start Trek saga! The specialeffects are great in this show, just as good as the original! The newtelevision show (of the time) would have aliens, and other humanoidcharacters like Vulcan, Romulans, and Klingons. If you can watch thisshow on TV I recommend it and I also recommend to buy some episodes onvideo as well! Star Trek is a wonderful saga in My opinion and this ishere a great way get started for people who just got into the Star TrekUniverse or for veterans to bring back memories! I strongly recommendit!

Movie Nuttball's NOTE:

If you like alien movies and/or the subject of aliens I also recommendthe following films: The Thing from another World, The War of theWorlds, The Day the Earth Stood Still, Horror Express, The UFOIncident, E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial, John Carpenter's The Thing,Krull, Time Walker, My Science Project, Howard the Duck, JohnCarpenter's Starman, John Carpenter's They Live, Mac and Me, Explorers,Invaders from Mars, Alien Seed, Total Recall, The Abyss, Communion,Suburban Commando, Fire in the Sky, The Arrival, Mars Attacks! Men inBlack I & 2, Stephen King's Dreamcatcher, Xtro 3: Watch the Skies,Battlefield Earth: A Saga for the year 3000, Impostor, Stargate, ThePuppet Masters, John Carpenter's Village of the Damned, IndependenceDay, Life Form, The X-Files: Fight the Future, Mission to Mars, Signs,Silent Warnings, Alien Hunter, Spaceballs, Alien, Aliens, Alien 3,Predator & Predator 2, The entire Star Wars saga (A New Hope, TheEmpire Strikes Back, The Return of the Jedi (Original and SpecialEditions!), The Phantom Menace, & Attack of the Clones), the entireStar Trek movie saga (Star Trek: The Motion Picture, The Wrath of Khan,The Search for Spock, The Voyage Home, The Final Frontier, TheUndiscovered Country, Generations, First Contact, Insurrection, &Nemesis) and Stephen King's ITStar Trek The Next Generation Complete Series
dstvs20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 12:16 AM   #16
the-nihilist

That is a huge wall of text. Is it worth reading?
Old 05-07-2010, 08:06 PM   #17
the-nihilist

I'm only posting this because vindicatedxjin said she's tired of seeing this thread.
Old 05-17-2010, 09:59 AM   #18
ape descendant

Roflmao xd

Be Kind
Old 06-04-2010, 10:07 PM   #19
kiddo

yes I'm not the only new one?
kiddo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 08:34 AM   #20
Dying To Bleed

Thank u for the welc0me! I think I needed it. Being the newbie and like the odd one out isn't nice. So thanx.
Dying To Bleed is offline   Reply With Quote