Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Politics

Politics "Under democracy, one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule -and both commonly succeed, and are right." -H.L. Menken

Old 02-20-2006, 10:01 PM   #1
Raven SilverWolf

President Bush...we are doomed.

Okay, I found some quotes from Bush himself and i thought I would share them.

"We are ready for any unforeseen event that may or may not occur."
...George W. Bush 9/22/97

“America is a friend to the people of Iraq.”

— George W. Bush

“Do I think faith will be an important part of being a good president? Yes, I do.”

— George W. Bush

“I believe a marriage is between a man and a woman.”

— George W. Bush

“I believe that God has planted in every heart the desire to live in freedom.”

— George W. Bush

“I understand I'm running against a person who is so anxious to become president, he will do whatever it takes.”

— George W. Bush

This makes me wonder how he ever got in control of a country...any thoughts on this?
Raven SilverWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 10:19 PM   #2
Raven SilverWolf

Is it physically posible for you not to criticize every one of my posts?
Old 02-20-2006, 10:23 PM   #3
Binkie

Honestly, this one is deserving of criticism. Most of these quotes embody the platforms that got him elected. So to top it off with "How does he get elected?!?!" Yeah, wake up and smell the other 49 states sometime.
"[Brian Blair] was a punk. I can break his fucking back - break his back and make him humble and then fuck his ass ... Suplex him, put him in a camel clutch, break his back, and fuck his ass - make him humble. Teach him to respect the Iron Sheik. And I didn't do it, because for the God and Jesus, and Mr. McMahon." -Khosrow Vaziri (The Iron Sheik)
Binkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 10:26 PM   #4
Raven SilverWolf

Fuck it, im too tired for this tonight. I'm not in the mood for keyboard wars. Okay, maybe it was a horrible thread to start, but at least I'm trying to contribute.
Old 02-20-2006, 10:30 PM   #5
Binkie

Really, Robster. Which quote up above did he say that in? Ohhh, that's right, you're just putting words in my mouth again. What a surprise. It's hilarious how you are incapable of carrying on a legitimate arguement with someone. You know you've got nothing to go on unless you put it in someone else's mouth. That's the way "winners" like you get things done, right? Lol.
"[Brian Blair] was a punk. I can break his fucking back - break his back and make him humble and then fuck his ass ... Suplex him, put him in a camel clutch, break his back, and fuck his ass - make him humble. Teach him to respect the Iron Sheik. And I didn't do it, because for the God and Jesus, and Mr. McMahon." -Khosrow Vaziri (The Iron Sheik)
Old 02-20-2006, 10:35 PM   #6
Raven SilverWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by robster667
Yeah God told him to invade Iraq...he's on a crusade like he said before...
KKK all the way! KKK all the way!
If there is a god, the only thing he would be saying to Bush is "Stop lying about me before i smight you."
Old 02-20-2006, 10:37 PM   #7
Raven SilverWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xnguela
I'll stop criticizing when you listen to my criticisms and attempt to improve. Note that my criticisms are all constructive.
I plan to take it constructivly. I even admited that this thread was pointless, like you said.
Old 02-20-2006, 10:39 PM   #8
Binkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xnguela
Binkie, why are we still paying attention to him?
I was just too lazy to actually dig up the ignore feature. But yeah, good call. I'm tired (BEEN tired) of reading his drivel and pulling out the toilet paper when he decides to take a shit all over this section everyday as though he has any political clout.

He's just a puppet sent here by another member to ruffle feathers. Nothing I'll miss.

*ignore*
Old 02-20-2006, 10:40 PM   #9
Raven SilverWolf

I feel this thread was'nt completely pointless. We actually had a pretty decent conversation.
Old 02-21-2006, 04:45 AM   #10
CptSternn

Smell the other 49 states? Oh contrare. In fact, I think this graph speaks for itself.

http://www.surveyusa.com/50State2006...16Approval.htm

Current approval ratings based on national urveys done by local news stations and accompanied by the stats on which state voted for who.

Good thing ol gw is still polling well in 7 states! (by 'well' I mean better than 50%).
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 06:37 AM   #11
edible_eye

bah.

gw has said some stupid friggin' things in his life that were more deserving of dubious recognition. the sentences above were all coherent.

things like -

"Listen, thank you all for coming. I promise you I will listen to what has been said here, even though I wasn't here."
-- President's Economic Forum, Aug. 13, 2002

or

"I know how hard it is for you to put food on your family."
-- Greater Nashua, NH, Chamber of Commerce, Jan. 27, 2000

or this

"And we'll be tough and resolute as we unite, to make sure freedom stands, to rout out evil, to say to our children and grandchildren, we were bold enough to act, without tiring, so that you can live in a great land and in a peaceful world. And there's no doubt in my mind, not one doubt in my mind, that we will fail."
-- Labor Department, Oct. 4, 2001

if you're gonna bash the guy, at least bash him appropriately.
Old 02-21-2006, 07:00 AM   #12
Blushing Heliophobe

My personal favorite -

"I am the Master of Low Expectations." George W. Bush, June 2003

*giggles*
Blushing Heliophobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 07:10 AM   #13
Wise Child

What about, "we must stop the terror. My condolences to the families of the victims. Now, watch this." *swings golf club*

A dream is just a nightmare with lipstick ~ Toni Morrison
Wise Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 07:14 AM   #14
Disfunction

As perhaps one of the most liberal members of this site, even I find this thread to be particularly redundant. It shows certainty of the correctness of one's views which is just plain stupid.

You wanted our thoughts on "this" and we've given you our thoughts on "this." Our opinions just weren't quite what you expected. If you don't like people having opinions that don't mesh with your own, by all means, there are other places you can go where they won't provide valid arguments against your perspectives, or if under certain circumstances they might try, they will do so poorly with improper syntax.

...don't smother your kids."
Disfunction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 07:17 AM   #15
Disfunction

To follow in the footsteps of Edible...

"Then you wake up at the high school level and find out that the illiteracy level of our children are appalling." -George W Bush Jan. 23, 20004

Old 02-21-2006, 07:56 AM   #16
Binkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptSternn
Smell the other 49 states? Oh contrare.
You're being contradictory? Oh contrare.

Let's go back to what I said, so that you can better understand what you need to provide in terms of figures to be contradictory to my original statement. The quotes were taken of his platform which he ran on and became elected through. Nothing you've said is contradictory to that. If you want to refute that statement, then well, be my guest. As they say, "Happy hunting."

But yeah, let's observe America's stance on these issues that won him the presidency by... what's that, Cheney? A mandate? Wanna go dig up the statistics on how many Americans in each state disapprove of gay marriage? Go ahead and google that, Sternn. I know you won't, cause you know I'm right. The Democratic candidate, o'l John Kerry, wouldn't run on a pro-gay marriage platform either. Why is that?

How about looking up how important most voters view the President's religious affiliation and conviction in relation to his candidacy? How about how many voters support the ambitions to spread freedoms and democracy?

Just where the hell are these statistics in your post, Sternn? I don't see them. I mean, these items ARE what you need to be contradictory to my statement. Come back when you have a figure that shows the majority of Americans favor gay marriage, don't give a shit what religion the President practices, and could give a shit less about advocating democracy. Then you can say things like, "Oh contrare."
Old 02-21-2006, 08:05 AM   #17
edible_eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binkie
... The Democratic candidate, o'l John Kerry...
Old 02-21-2006, 08:10 AM   #18
WolfMoon

Quote:
Smell the other 49 states? Oh contrare. In fact, I think this graph speaks for itself.

http://www.surveyusa.com/50State2006...16Approval.htm

Current approval ratings based on national urveys done by local news stations and accompanied by the stats on which state voted for who.

Good thing ol gw is still polling well in 7 states! (by 'well' I mean better than 50%).

Are we doing graphs again, babe?

Cuz I made a really good one on how much I rule!

WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 08:12 AM   #19
Blushing Heliophobe

Democrats don't want Kerry!
Blushing Heliophobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 08:30 AM   #20
WolfMoon

Yeah, they'd need someone with a backbone to win.
Old 02-21-2006, 08:55 AM   #21
Disfunction

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfMoon
Yeah, they'd need someone with a backbone to win.
Change a few laws....

DISFUNCTION FOR PRESIDENT IN '08!

Old 02-21-2006, 08:56 AM   #22
Disfunction

Quote:
Smell the other 49 states? Oh contrare.
Fucking up the French language, even. *Le sigh*

Old 02-21-2006, 09:27 AM   #23
WolfMoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disfunction
Change a few laws....

DISFUNCTION FOR PRESIDENT IN '08!
Can I be the first Lady?

Old 02-21-2006, 10:19 AM   #24
Metatron

It's true. He sure is blasphematical.

Oh look. I just pulled a George Bush.
Old 02-21-2006, 11:15 AM   #25
CptSternn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binkie
Honestly, this one is deserving of criticism. Most of these quotes embody the platforms that got him elected. So to top it off with "How does he get elected?!?!" Yeah, wake up and smell the other 49 states sometime.
My post of the most recent polling stastistics were in response to the notion that somehow 49 states were carried by gw in the last election, and that those states still somehow support him.

Plus I've been wanting to post that link since I got it a few days ago.
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote