Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 05-07-2006, 12:52 PM   #26
succubus,queenofvampires

Welcome, Kinflame.After reading your posts, I think that you're going to really enjoy it around here.

You're thirteen?!
Damn, I'm getting old!!

Cartman(South Park): It's a man's obligation to stick his boneration in a woman's separation; this sort of penetration will
increase the population of the younger generation.
succubus,queenofvampires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 04:54 PM   #27
Kinflame

Location: FGBWIERville, MKBJJKaryland, Unintelligent Shithole of America.
Well I have made a rather awful impression over in the 'whining' thread 'Abusive Relationships.'

Score, I generally dislike getting along with the majority.
Kinflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 07:12 PM   #28
Empty_Purple_Stars

Being hurtful and insulting is certainly something to be proud of, isn't it?

Sigh.
Empty_Purple_Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 10:15 PM   #29
WolfMoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinflame
Well I have made a rather awful impression over in the 'whining' thread 'Abusive Relationships.'

You're lucky my computer froze up before I could my reply to your pathetic wankery!

If you're going to be a boil on our respective asses, let there be no doubt that we will not tolerate you.
WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 01:27 AM   #30
Wise Child

Quote:
Wow. How, like, non-conformist and edgy of you.

A dream is just a nightmare with lipstick ~ Toni Morrison
Wise Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 06:37 AM   #31
succubus,queenofvampires

Quote:

Yeah, I've read your posts in the "Abusive Relationships" thread, and that made me, like everyone, start changing my mind about you.
You don't have to be rude to stand out and catch everyon'e attention.Everyone's entitled to his or her own opinion about matters, but you have to tolerate and respect opinions different than yours.

Cartman(South Park): It's a man's obligation to stick his boneration in a woman's separation; this sort of penetration will
Old 05-08-2006, 08:25 AM   #32
angel011

Disagreeing with the opinion of the majority regardless of what that opinions actually is is pretty lame. Like being a rebel without a cause.
Old 05-08-2006, 08:31 AM   #33
succubus,queenofvampires

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel011
Disagreeing with the opinion of the majority regardless of what that opinions actually is is pretty lame. Like being a rebel without a cause.
Exactly...

Old 05-08-2006, 03:32 PM   #34
Kinflame

What is so fucking wrong with being hurtful?

I'M NOT SAYING I'M A NICE PERSON! Call me a lame rebel without a cause and a boil on your respective ass if you will, but I'm a particularly intolerant person much too often.

Might be something to do with fucking hormones or just an elitist stick up my ass as someone phrased it I believe. If so, please don't think less of me for it, as often despite my fucking efforts, I end up being an asshole. Honestly, what can I do other than try? Asking for another chance at a first impression is rather useless, but please consider the fact that there's more to me than being an intolerant asshole. I'm bipolar and I don't think it has anything to do with mood swings, but idiocy and useless bitching tends to piss me off to a ridiculous extent. I saw EC's post as such and thus overreacted, which was met with rather a harsh reaction. I honestly don't want to lie and say that I was wrong because I still believe that it was an excessively 'emo' post, but I was very wrong to react in such a manner. Can we let it rest or do you wish to continue bitching me out? If so, carry on. I've said all I need to say and won't continue to repeat myself.
Old 05-08-2006, 03:48 PM   #35
Kinflame

K. Attention seeking needless rebellion had nothing to do with this. I mentioned that I disilke opinions of the majority and this has been taken as 'needless and attention seeking'. Each to their own opinion it seems.
Old 05-08-2006, 04:27 PM   #36
Kinflame

Thanks for the clarification
Old 05-08-2006, 05:32 PM   #37
A Simple Poet

Wow, what a firey flurry of ferocious friction!

I don't know you Kinflame, nor have I read whatever it is you have written to incite the wrath of the herd. But I shall bid you welcome, nevertheless.

My name is Will ... and I'm back from a glorious feeding.

Will on Facebook ... Identify yourself because I'm a proud, Facebook, recluse.
A Simple Poet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 06:02 PM   #38
An Eccentric Cellist

Lovely use of alliteration. Kinflame sort of screwed up his debut on G.net. In the "Have You Ever Been in an Abusive Relationship" Thread I posted something he found it dumb and there fore insulted, might not be the right word but is along those lines, me for being "whiny little emo". (not my terminology, his collected from many a post)
Kinflame~
For the record I'm not emo, never have been, never will be.
If women can't blame PMS/hormones/period for being a bitch than you can't blame hormones for being an ass.
Guten Nacht
An Eccentric Cellist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 06:17 PM   #39
A Simple Poet

I tell people if they wish to insult me to try and do so without using profanity. Usually they are not quite creative enough, or if they attempt to continue the insult, I become amused by whatever tommyrot they come up with and somehow I am not offended.

As for the alliteration, well I always wanted to try that phrase somewhere. As for Kinflame, I hope that he's not some semi-clever troll. I think I'm about over those wildebeasts.

My name is Will ... and I'm back from a glorious feeding.

Will on Facebook ... Identify yourself because I'm a proud, Facebook, recluse.
A Simple Poet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 11:51 AM   #40
WolfMoon

Quote:
What is so fucking wrong with being hurtful?
Because it hurts, moron.

Hurting people isn't cool and won't earn you those bat points, jerk.

Go away.
WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 05:03 PM   #41
Wise Child

Quote:
I mentioned that I disilke opinions of the majority and this has been taken as 'needless and attention seeking'. Each to their own opinion it seems.
Actually, you didn't. You said "I generally dislike getting along with the majority", implying that whatever the majority thinks, you'll generally dislike it.

Whatever. I know it can be more difficult expressing yourself online - this is the only forum I've ever posted in, and when I started out the fact that you have to choose every word carefully, because the words you type are all people here have to go on, took some getting used to. I can't speak for anyone else, but as far as I'm concerned, let's just start from here. These are the guidelines:

If you have an opinion - good for you. No one here will try to stop you. But please express it in a civil manner. For example, had you said "personally I think life's too short to hold on to stuff that happened years ago", people may have responded with statements like "well, I'm glad you're able to move on so easily, but I personally find it more difficult as I had some really horrible experiences". All very harmless and conducive to discussion. If you say "oh my god, fucking get over it already", or similar, people will respond with "who the hell are you, being rude to a member with your seven-odd posts? Fuck off already". Trust me on this. And please don't play the hypocrisy card - it cuts no ice here. It wasn't your opinion everyone jumped on, it was your rudeness and aggressiveness.

It ain't what you say, so much as the way you say it. A little respect goes a long way.

Anyway - consider my axe ground. You know my opinion on the subject. I liked your intro, I think you're generally intelligent (if impolite) and if you can re-adjust your manner of communication a little, then I'll welcome you as an addition to the site. If not, there's nothing here for you. I'm prepared to judge you on your posts from here on in.

Please don't shit on it.

Old 05-09-2006, 07:06 PM   #42
Kinflame

'If women can't blame PMS/hormones/period for being a bitch than you can't blame hormones for being an ass.'

Who said you can't? Anyway, I'm obviously a know nothing little fuck to all you superior minds here, so as I have said before, I shall not continue to repeat myself in the face of WolfMoon's redundant attacks.

Wise Child, I will try to be more tolerant. I know I need to.
Old 05-09-2006, 07:33 PM   #43
Draconysius

It is indeed reassuring to see an intelligent n00b join the boards. Your 'kind' is extremely rare around here... everywhere, in fact. I hope you enjoy your stay, and I hope you don't fade away like 60% of the other n00bs. I don't think I need to tell you not to take things too seriously around here; I think you've learned your lesson now. That's all for now, hon.
Draconysius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 01:53 AM   #44
Wise Child

Quote:
Anyway, I'm obviously a know nothing little fuck to all you superior minds here, so as I have said before, I shall not continue to repeat myself in the face of WolfMoon's redundant attacks.
See - that would be shitting on it. *sigh*

You've pretty much admitted you're wrong, yet you continue to defend yourself against other members when they rebutt (sp?) what you say.

I'd recommend shutting the fuck up, taking the shit that comes your way quietly in recognition of the fact that people have a right to be pissed off, waiting it out and hoping that people are prepared to give you another chance.

But you're not going to do that, are you?

You're going to keep arguing until everyone here hates you.

Well, you're halfway there. If you like it, as you appear to, carry on.

Old 05-10-2006, 12:17 PM   #45
Kinflame

I am in fact doing so. I had not replied to WolfMoon with an argument or defense of myself. If you see what I had said my reply, you would knwo this to be true.

Now indeed, this post is an argument for myself, unlike the previous post. However this is in defense of another subject, namely your accusing me of carrying on the previous argument. Let it rest.
Old 05-10-2006, 12:26 PM   #46
Kinflame

According to the majority of people, it is true.

However, I believe there are the few here willing to have an intelligent conversation. And I'm sure someone's bound to make a remark about how I'm an idiot in some form or another and just an annoyance. I'm honestly not going to reply if such is the case.
Old 05-10-2006, 02:01 PM   #47
Kinflame

Sooo, I guess insulting a moderator is wrong just because they're a moderator?

How is it any worse than insulting a regular member? Moderator privileges do not a superior make. Anyway, respecting authorty merely for the sake of authority isn't something I generally do. If she continues to make posts I don't find worthy of respect I won't respect her, and apparently she finds my posts rather unworthy of any respect and expresses such. Kudos, I guess?
Old 05-10-2006, 05:08 PM   #48
An Eccentric Cellist

*hugs Xnguela* Do you know how much that made me smile and want to cry?!

I agree with Xng stop treating people like shit and we'll be nice there'll be a blackmark on the mental records but still the arguing will stop and I'm on my last fucking nerve with you. Are you so inconsiderate and hurtful and just plain mean that you have to drag us down.
You asked why it is bad to be hurtful, You shouldn't be hurtful because it pushes the best people you'll ever meet away through secret pain and resentment and I'm not just talking about the forum if this is how you treat people in the physical world your life is screwed. You'll have to deal with snotty bosses, pompous assholes and suck-up collegues for as long as you live but don't lowwer yourself to that level, raise above it, learn what you don't want to be and what you want to be and never regret because you had fully thought every single choice through.
this is one of those choices, just suck it up and apologize, I personally won't rub it in but please, please just apologize.

Is it just me or do I have way to much faith in the human race?
Old 05-10-2006, 05:46 PM   #49
Kinflame

I'm honestly not shitting all over you or anything. If that's the way you're going to react, then I'm 'sorry for being such a hardheaded dick'. But honestly, I really have made ONE COMMENT. ABOUT MY MISREADING SOMEONE'S POST. AND SINCE HAVE HAD ALL SORTS OF SHIT RAINING OVER MY HEAD COMING FROM YOU, NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND. So honestly LEAVE ME THE FUCK ALONE and get on with other subjects if this means so much to you. All I want to do is meet some new people, have some good discussions, and not have people bitching me out without end.

Ever heard of overreaction? I may be an insensitive little dick (not really), but you're the ones that are pursuing me.
Old 05-10-2006, 05:50 PM   #50
An Eccentric Cellist

Alright Kinflame before you get too terribly pissed at me I just saw your apology, thanks.
The part below is now taken back on account of it is no longer necassary.

Quote:
I agree with Xng stop treating people like shit and we'll be nice there'll be a blackmark on the mental records but still the arguing will stop and I'm on my last fucking nerve with you. Are you so inconsiderate and hurtful and just plain mean that you have to drag us down.
The rest is still open for yelling at me though.