Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 05-09-2006, 10:31 PM   #1
Lost_One

Zak

1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job) I write stories/poetry, draw, and read

2. Where are you from? Plains, Montana

3. Who is your favorite author? Terry Goodkind

4. What are your favorite films? Stephen King's "Riding The Bullet"

5. What music do you want played at your wedding? I dunno... I probably won't live long enough to see it anyway.

6. At your funeral? none

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die? bleed to death

8. What kind of casket would you want? None. I'll die in the middle of nowhere and never found

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit? Black shirt and pants with a hooded cape and combat boots.

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid? Believing in my dreams

11. What's your favorite band? I don't have one

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major? I'm in high school

13. Why did you join? To meet people.

14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender? Male

Well, my story is pretty simple I guess. I have given up on trying to have a happy life. I just don't care about anything anymore, but I don't have the courage to kill myself. I don't even have the courage to cut my wrists. Nothing seems to matter anymore.
Lost_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 10:38 PM   #2
Magpie_Tendencies

Welcome Lost_One.

Why do you hate life so much?

Also, how old are you? Because you sound kinda young...
Old 05-09-2006, 11:46 PM   #3
4mytribe

Its not as Goth as you may think. Just think

I think that is the point of this site. Just think
4mytribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 04:23 PM   #4
Lost_One

Yes, I am pretty young. 15 years. I apologize if my age offends you in some way.
Old 05-10-2006, 04:28 PM   #5
mutsumiasakura

Location: In the darkest corner of the smallest, most boring town in the universe.
I don't think the members of this site hate young people. I'm 16ish myself. The main point is to be polite and intelligent-sounding, and avoid pissing anyone off. Grammar seems to help as well. ^_^

"Poetry is the deification of reality." -Edith Sitwell

"Whoso eateth my flesh and drinketh my blood hath eternal life . . . "
mutsumiasakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 05:13 PM   #6
Magpie_Tendencies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost_One
Yes, I am pretty young. 15 years. I apologize if my age offends you in some way.
Your age doesn't offend me. I'm younger than you. I was just curious as to why you were so down on life. The way you typed your post seemed like you were big on the teenage angst. It sounded lke you were young.
Old 05-10-2006, 05:31 PM   #7
Paper_Wings

Don't worry. Your age dosen't offend any body. I'm only 13.

Anyway, welcome.
Old 05-10-2006, 06:32 PM   #8
Godslayer Jillian

I hope you can find meaning to your life, if that will make you happy.
As for me, I find that life is more beautiful when it is pointless.
You may earn some friends in here. I might be one with one condition: never, NEVER, speak about suicide. I come from a family with suicidal tendencies, and there's no release, comedy, or relief in death.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 07:25 PM   #9
NatalyaI

Sleep. Take a walk. Jump rope. Revisit something that once made you laugh, and see if it still works. Watch the clouds. Feel the sunshine. Think about how nice air tastes when you breathe it. In fact, consider the magic in each breath. Eat chocolate (does it work on men?). Remember that you won't be fifteen forever: trust me, seventeen is a huge improvement. Imagine what the world would be like if we saw everything in black and white, and then rejoice in the beauty of color. Write stories or fragments purely to torture your characters: it's a kind of catharsis. Find a classic, challenging book, and bury your mind in it: you'll feel more ready to face the world when you emerge.

I know that was cheesy, but I hope it helps.

Cheers and love,
Katherine
NatalyaI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 07:56 PM   #10
Circle V

Excellent advice, Natalya.

Life may seem unbearable at 15, but it will always get better. I may be rather, er... morose (I love that word), but I still love life, and I hope that I always will. The beauty will always outweigh the ugliness-- if it doesn't, create your own beauty until it does.

Don't since say that nothing matters. It's nothing more than self-deception brought on by lack of perspective.
Old 05-11-2006, 10:29 PM   #11
Lost_One

Ah, well, lately I have been searching for a meaning in life. I haven't succeeded in my quest, but I have to admit I would have quit a while ago if it wasn't for Terry Goodkind's Sword of Truth Series.

Incidentally, please feel free to ask questions if you wish.
Old 05-12-2006, 06:19 AM   #12
Draconysius

I perceive no existant meaning or purpose in life. Nihilistic I am, but I do not despise life, or indulge in its miseries. I attempt only to achieve happiness and enjoyment during the undeterminable ammount of life that I have.

Um... I mean, welcome to the boards! Don't take comments too seriously, watch your grammar and spelling, and... please, keep the angst in the whining thread.
Draconysius is offline   Reply With Quote