Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 04-10-2007, 07:40 AM   #1
PinstripesAndPithHelmets

I've already done this once or twice.

I saw that Morrigan_Dubh posted a new and improved list of introductory questions and thought I'd answer them.

1. How did you find this site?

From the back of a chapbook by Caitlin R. Kiernan called "Candles For Elizabeth."

2. How did you come up with your user name (don't bother with "all the cool ones were already taken")?

I like pinstripes. I like pith helmets. Fashion seems to be a big topic here, so I figured I'd give you an idea of my tastes right off the bat.

3. What fictional character would you most like to meet and why?

Tough one. Very tough. I'd have to say either Abraham Van Helsing from Dracula or Peachy Carnehan from the film version of "The Man Who Would Be King." Van Helsing because he's so intelligent, and Carnehan because I'm sure that I'd get mixed up in some whacky adventure just by being around him. Oh, and Indiana Jones, too.

4. What are your nightmares like?

Scary. I'm told that I wake up screaming on occasion, but I can't ever remember doing it.

5. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

In the arms of the cooooold coooold ground.

6. Do/Would you carry an organ donor card?

I checked the little box on the back of my driver's license authorizing the sawbones to take what he wants. Granted, he won't want my eyes or liver, but, hell, he can have 'em anyway.

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die? (I like this question)

Ideally it would be something valiant and heroic; steps of Khartoum palace in the rush of spearmen, and all that. Dying peacefully does have its appeal, however. Either way, I hope to go before I become so old that I lose my range of physical motion and function. THAT has no appeal whatsoever. Longevity be damned.

8. If your home was on fire what 3 objects would you rescue (presuming your family and pets are safe)?

It's all expendable, really. The only thing that I couldn't replace would be the flag that I was given when my grandfather died. It was for his service in the Pacific during World War II and, later on, Korea. Maybe my two favorite paintings, if I had time.

9. A rich person and a poor person commit the same type of crime. The rich person is fined $10,000 while the poor person is sent to jail for one year. Is this fair?

That depends on your definition of fairness. Is it egalitarian? Of course not. Is it fair within the confines of the system of rules under which we are governed? Yes. That's our own fault, really. The rich make the rules, so whatever they do is considered "fair."

10. What are your favorite bands?

Metallica, Tom Waits, Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, Lightnin' Hopkins, Monster Magnet, Zoe Keating, Clutch, The Clash, Sex Pistols, Motorhead, some classical and various instrumental music, a bit of Nine Inch Nails; nothing terribly esoteric or underground, as I haven't been exposed to much of that.

11. Name at least on illusion about life you have had shattered...

The infallible hero status of parental figures.

12. What do have to offer us?

I wasn't aware that I needed to be 'of value' to an online community in order to read the threads and post there. How very... eugenic.

13. Are you a goth?

You can read my answers to the questionnaire and decide for yourself.
Old 04-10-2007, 07:42 AM   #2
Dancing_in_rain

Ooo...new and improved questions. You sound nice.

Yawn. This is rather tedious, is it not?

www.chansondeplume.blogspot.com
^Mon blog d'ecriture en francais. Veuillez lire et commenter!
Translation: My writing blog in french. Feel free to read and comment.

Dancing_in_rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 07:49 AM   #3
PinstripesAndPithHelmets

Thanks! I appreciate you reading it.
Old 04-10-2007, 11:40 AM   #4
the-broken-harlequin

It didn't seem very exciting, but then again I like your answer to how you would like to die.
the-broken-harlequin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 12:16 PM   #5
PinstripesAndPithHelmets

Damn. There goes my plan to dazzle the entire board with a brilliant introductory questionnaire.