Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Music
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Music Finally, an entire forum devoted to talking about Doktor Avalanche, the drum machine for the Sisters of Mercy. You can talk about other bands, or other members of that band, too, if you want to be UNCOOL.

Old 02-27-2009, 06:39 AM   #26
Altemese

Quote:
Originally Posted by PortraitOfSanity
What the fuck do you know? You can't even spell their name right.

Metallica is fucking garbage. They put out two good albums and everyone shits their pants. Everything after Justice For All was complete and utter shit. There's so many bands that have been putting out good material consistently the whole time Metallica's been selling out to the nu-metal fuckers like yourself, and they get no credit.

The only halfway talented member of the band is Hammet, and he still gets shat all on by Hetfield trying to be as much of a self absorbed cunt as Dave Mustaine.

Fucking Christ I hate Metallica. Not as much as I hate Slayer, but close.

Oh, and get the fuck outta my city, cunt.
letts get something straight. i didn't say i like them. i like a couple of their songs, but i'm not a huge fan. but i give credit were credit is do. they have worked their asses off. every band that gets accepted into the hall of fame has. i'm sorry that your band that you prefer is not in there, but may be they will be. so if you don't like my opinion about "metallica" i'm sorry you feel that way. but i can voice my fucking opinion any funkin way i please. so there for fuck the fuck off.
Altemese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 06:44 AM   #27
Albert Mond

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altemese
letts get something straight. i didn't say i like them. i like a couple of their songs, but i'm not a huge fan. but i give credit were credit is do. they have worked their asses off. every band that gets accepted into the hall of fame has.
Like, say Madonna? Grandmaster Flash?
Quote:
i'm sorry that your band that you prefer is not in there, but may be they will be. so if you don't like my opinion about "metallica" i'm sorry you feel that way.
You put it in quotes why? Do you have something against spelling their name right?
Quote:
but i can voice my fucking opinion any funkin way i please. so there for fuck the fuck off.
Do you have any clue what you just said?
Albert Mond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 06:48 AM   #28
Tam Li Hua

Altemese: The bands in the Rock-n-Roll hall of fame make it more because they are popular than anything else.

I imagine that Metallica hasn't worked any more or less hard than the Bauhaus, Siouxsie, Rasputina, or any of the other zillions of actual Goth bands out there. The only difference is that they appeal to the general public more, and possibly that they have better agents.
Old 02-27-2009, 06:50 AM   #29
Altemese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Mond
Like, say Madonna? Grandmaster Flash?

You put it in quotes why? Do you have something against spelling their name right?

Do you have any clue what you just said?
yes like madonna or grandmaster flash. even though they aren't bands. but they still worked hard. and i don't have anything against spelling their name correctly. it's just that when i type i rush, and i made a mistake. i'm imprefect. but i do understand what i said. you have the right to your opinion, and i have the right to think you're stupid.
Old 02-27-2009, 06:58 AM   #30
Albert Mond

Smile

Quote:
yes like madonna or grandmaster flash. even though they aren't bands.
...And even though only one of the two is rock, and just barely at that.
Quote:
but they still worked hard.
As Tam said, it's about how popular you are, not how hard you work.
Quote:
and i don't have anything against spelling their name correctly.
Then why'd you put it in quotes? Do you not see what that implies?
Quote:
it's just that when i type i rush, and i made a mistake. i'm imprefect.
I didn't ask about the title mistake. I asked why you put Metallica in quotes after you were corrected. Also, the last line in that bit is supposed to be ironic, right?
Quote:
but i do understand what i said. you have the right to your opinion, and i have the right to think you're stupid.
No. You said you could voice your own opinion, then told PoS to 'fuck off'. This implies a severe case of not getting it on your part.
Old 02-27-2009, 07:01 AM   #31
Altemese

No. You said you could voice your own opinion, then told PoS to 'fuck off'. This implies a severe case of not getting it on your part.[/quote]

no i get it. i really do. i told him to fuck off about hammering me when i try to voice my opinion.
Old 02-27-2009, 07:04 AM   #32
Altemese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tam Li Hua
Altemese: The bands in the Rock-n-Roll hall of fame make it more because they are popular than anything else.

I imagine that Metallica hasn't worked any more or less hard than the Bauhaus, Siouxsie, Rasputina, or any of the other zillions of actual Goth bands out there. The only difference is that they appeal to the general public more, and possibly that they have better agents.

and i totally agree with you. i believe that more goth bands should be put in the hall of fame. if people would just take the time and not be so narrow minded about music, and just see what is going on. maybe more goth/heavy metal bands will be accepted into the hall of fame on the base of popularity
Old 02-27-2009, 07:15 AM   #33
Albert Mond

Smile

Quote:
and i totally agree with you. i believe that more goth bands should be put in the hall of fame. if people would just take the time and not be so narrow minded about music,
You mean the people who let a rapper into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame? Yeah. Their problem is definitely being too narrow minded.
Quote:
and just see what is going on. maybe more goth/heavy metal bands will be accepted into the hall of fame on the base of popularity
Unless you're using base in a way that's completely out of context, then you've just bested yourself in the area of not getting it. The problem isn't that Goth Bands are popular, and people aren't noticing it. It's that they're relatively unpopular, and people ignore them because of it. Also, Metal has had a relatively easy time getting in. Van Halen, Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, Queen, and Aerosmith are all in there.
Old 02-27-2009, 07:23 AM   #34
Altemese

Quote:
You mean the people who let a rapper into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame? Yeah. Their problem is definitely being too narrow minded.

Unless you're using base in a way that's completely out of context, then you've just bested yourself in the area of not getting it. The problem isn't that Goth Bands are popular, and people aren't noticing it. It's that they're relatively unpopular, and people ignore them because of it. Also, Metal has had a relatively easy time getting in. Van Halen, Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, Queen, and Aerosmith are all in there.
you know, there are alot of things i just don't get : )
Old 02-27-2009, 07:25 AM   #35
Tam Li Hua

Altemese: I don't think I would enjoy Goth music as much if it were popular and well-known; I sort of like being part of an underground music movement.

And, to be honest, a lot of Goth music takes some getting used to. When I first heard Bauhaus, I didn't like them at -all-. But, they slowly grew on me, kind of like a mole or cancer. lol
Old 02-27-2009, 07:30 AM   #36
Altemese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tam Li Hua
Altemese: I don't think I would enjoy Goth music as much if it were popular and well-known; I sort of like being part of an underground music movement.

And, to be honest, a lot of Goth music takes some getting used to. When I first heard Bauhaus, I didn't like them at -all-. But, they slowly grew on me, kind of like a mole or cancer. lol
you know, i felt the same way about Bauhaus. my brother liked them. and he played them all the time. i didn't care for them at first. but they grew on me. "like a mole on cancer."
Old 02-27-2009, 08:20 AM   #37
PortraitOfSanity

You have every right to your opinion. But your opinion is stupid and wrong, so we have every right to laugh at you for it.

I don't hate you. Saying I hate you would be like saying I hate a dog with no legs trying to cross a busy freeway.
-Mr. Filth
PortraitOfSanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 09:15 AM   #38
Altemese

Quote:
You have every right to your opinion. But your opinion is stupid and wrong, so we have every right to laugh at you for it.
i agree. laugh till your sides bust open. and how can my opinion be wrong? it's not like i'm quoting a fact. it's my opinion. an opinion is not wrong or right. it's what someone thinks. now is my thinking wrong maybe, but that is in your opinion.
Old 02-27-2009, 09:29 AM   #39
Godslayer Jillian

Quote:
an opinion is not wrong or right.
My opinion is that the moon is the back side of the sun.
I'm not wrong!!
SHUT THE FUCK UP!!

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 10:01 AM   #40
Altemese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian
My opinion is that the moon is the back side of the sun.
I'm not wrong!!
SHUT THE FUCK UP!!
but you can be wrong in someone elses opinion. it's your opinion that you are not wrong. so YOU SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!
Old 02-27-2009, 06:36 PM   #41
PortraitOfSanity

The point is, you're stupid, and wrong.

I don't hate you. Saying I hate you would be like saying I hate a dog with no legs trying to cross a busy freeway.
-Mr. Filth
Old 02-27-2009, 06:42 PM   #42
Godslayer Jillian

Quote:
but you can be wrong in someone elses opinion. it's your opinion that you are not wrong. so YOU SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!
I express my opinion which according to you is not wrong so you tell me to shut the fuck up? You're a fucking hypocrite.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 06:54 PM   #43
PortraitOfSanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian
You're a fucking hypocrite.
You just noticed this? Have you seen her other posts?

-Mr. Filth
Old 02-28-2009, 02:41 AM   #44
Necrophagist

Quote:
The point is, you're stupid, and wrong.
No, you're wrong. Slayer are awesome. Stop acting like you know about metal.

I am the Antiproduct!

There is, they say, no fool like an old fool - Golding.

" All the war-propaganda, all the screaming and lies and hatred, comes invariably from people who are not fighting." - Orwell.
Necrophagist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 02:46 AM   #45
Albert Mond

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necrophagist
No, you're wrong. Slayer are awesome. Stop acting like you know about metal.
Slayer have two songs. One is 'Raining Blood', the other is everything else they ever released. Slayer is an overrated bullshit excuse for metal.
Old 02-28-2009, 04:09 AM   #46
Necrophagist

They're overrated, but decent. POS just dislikes them because they're too mainstream.

I am the Antiproduct!

" All the war-propaganda, all the screaming and lies and hatred, comes invariably from people who are not fighting." - Orwell.
Old 03-03-2009, 12:48 PM   #47
menus era sota

Quote:
Slayer is an overrated bullshit excuse for metal.

aye.

altemese, read your comment beofre you post it - you keep tripping on bullshit. or better yet, don't post at all.
menus era sota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 01:30 PM   #48
PortraitOfSanity

Quote:
Stop acting like you know about metal.
Necro, no one likes you, no one agrees with you, and no one thinks you're funny.

-Mr. Filth
Old 03-03-2009, 02:20 PM   #49
Necrophagist

Quote:
Necro, no one likes you, no one agrees with you, and no one thinks you're funny.
No one likes you either on this forum. Nor does anyone take your meagre knowledge of metal seriously. Know why? Because you're one of those typical kvltfags, who call everything mainstream. That's lame, and frankly you're lame.

I am the Antiproduct!

Old 03-03-2009, 02:29 PM   #50
Albert Mond

Smile

Quote:
No one likes you either on this forum.
Wait, wait. Say that again. Heheheh.
Quote:
Nor does anyone take your meagre knowledge of metal seriously.
Know why? Because you're one of those typical kvltfags, who call everything mainstream. That's lame, and frankly you're lame.
"PoS, you're plotting against me! Everybody knows about your plans. They're obvious, and they're lame."