Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

View Poll Results: ...
.. 0 0%
... 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2005, 02:24 PM   #351
drgnlvr

*snickers* How about if I -really- show my age? I'm ripping Dr. Hook right now, and next up is Janis Joplin. And yes, I was around when they were "new". :P
Old 04-03-2005, 02:31 PM   #352
MrMaelstrom

so, besides aussie bands like INXS, Midnight Oil and AC/DC, have you heard of The Angels?

How about uncle Alice?

Welcome to my nightmare.
Old 04-03-2005, 02:40 PM   #353
drgnlvr

Alice Cooper? Of course! Drove my father crazy playing his music.

Loved INXS, but never heard of Angel...what have they played?
Old 04-03-2005, 02:45 PM   #354
MrMaelstrom

you know, rock and roll about women, wine and song (maybe not in that particular order)

The Angels: Going on 19
Moon shining bright
she's been my dream
well if it's ever gonna happen, s'gonna happen tonight...

Talk to me talk to me
tell me what you're gonna do
you say you got a reputation?
well I do to
all across the nation
there are guys like me
doing girls like you
Old 04-03-2005, 08:19 PM   #355
drgnlvr

Sounds familiar (how embarrassing! I should -know- this song). I'll have to check them out. Thanks for the rec Mael.
Old 04-07-2005, 03:25 PM   #356
Solumina

Ok I have a rant here goes:
I hate prom I fucking hate it. I hate how it makes everyone psycho and created a feeding frenzy amongst the ditzes. Tickets cost $55 per person, plus a dress, shoes, hair, makeup, nails, and dinner it is one expensive night and a tone of work. And then there is the problem of a date, all of my guy friends have girlfriends, are gay, or have deep emotional feelings for me (which I don’t have for them) and I can’t be their date if any of the above applies. Worst of all I hate the fact that I really want to go. Honestly I’m still kind of sad that I didn’t go to my junior prom, I don’t want to miss out on this one too. I know it’s pointless and trivial and I sound like a whiny little bitch but I really don’t care.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Old 04-08-2005, 01:59 AM   #357
gingerbreadwench

I didn't go to my prom. I found it dumb, and I would have felt like such a giant loser if I had gone. Forms for Senior Luau are due tomorrow, and I don't know if I'll go to that either. It would mean asking my mom for twenty bucks on the same day I'm expecting movie-lunch-coffee money. So yeah. Plus, I'm not sure what I'd wear (Aloha print is mandatory), and I'd have to eat in front of a lot of people, which I don't like to do.

Yeah. I'm gonna call my date and tell him I'm not gonna go.
Old 04-08-2005, 12:57 PM   #358
Patricia

My senior prom was absolute hell. As it all happened eight years ago, it's funny now, but at the time . . .

First of all, my mother "won" and I wound up in pink chiffon. A beautiful, hand-sewn dress, but very . . . baby . . . pink. And floaty. It's still in the family, passed from cousin to cousin like all my formal dresses.

I graduated from high school a semester early and went back for my senior prom. There'd already been a lot of drift between my friends and I as I didn't participate in any senior events and I'd also moved to a town about 45 minutes away. Luckily I was still close to my best friend, Chas.

Chas's mother despises me. She is a conservative Christian, and back in my sophomore year, Chas's psycho girlfriend Cheryl (butt like a barrel) had called his mother and told her that I was a Stantic Vampire Witch Occultist Bloodrinking Freak (TM) who wanted to turn Chas into a vampire as well. For the next three years, I was allowed to visit Chas but only if I stayed in the back yard (!) - that's right, I was not permitted in the house.

However, Chas and I endured, and I asked him to take me to my senior prom.

Everything was well and good until midnight, when prom ended. I had assumed that Chas and I would be finding a party, hanging out, something, seeing as he considered me his best friend. Nope, nadda, the curse is still on.

"You know my mother hates you, so I have to go straight home after prom."

All of my remaining friends are either surrendering their virginity, going home, or less comfortable with me than last year. So I allow Chas to take me home, like a damn pumpkin, at midnight, in a pink dress, on the night of my senior prom.

I paid for his ticket too.

Only to find out from our friend Michael a week later that Chas had gone to a friend's party after he dropped me off. A very conservative Christian friend, who felt uncomfortable with me around.

Chas is now a youth pastor, and since he got married he pretends I don't exist.

I'm still a little bit bitter about this.

Pink!
Old 04-08-2005, 04:29 PM   #359
WolfMoon

Have you ever tried to breastfeed an infant?

This is my second time around and I'm having all the difficulties I had the last time.Baby won't latch on,milk won't come down fast enough.Godamnit!!

Just once I was hoping it would go a lil smoother.I've done it once already, why is it just as hard this time?

We've resorted to bottle feeding whatever I pump.So I'm having the same irrational 'my baby doesn't love me' 'baby's rejecting me' feelings that I had the first go round. :cry:

Why can't I be happy that my tummy's almost flat after 1.5 weeks post-partum?Wouldn't a sane woman be exstatic(sp?) about just that?

At least I can get my Vicodin refilled tomorrow.
:cry:
Old 04-08-2005, 05:24 PM   #360
creepylittleshit

Pregancy hormones are a bitch aren't they?I had a miscarriage about a year ago and I was fucking pyscho!I was either cying all the time or just plain old angry.

I am in awe of woman who can have children without going completely out there minds the whole time. I don't think I should have any kids. I don't think I would make it through the pregnancy.

Congratulations and good luck though.
Old 04-09-2005, 12:37 AM   #361
drgnlvr

*hugs* Wolfie. Just remember to breathe. *hugsagain*

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: I'm now firmly convinced that I am never, -EVER- supposed to have things go well. Life around me seems to collapse everytime things start looking up. EVERY TIME.

After going through absolute HELL with his former job, and the mental abuse his supervisor heaped on him on a daily basis, Sam got a new job with the cable company. Training was supposed to be about 8 weeks. But it seemed a good job, and nice bennies.

Notice I said -was-.

They test at the end of each three week session, and if you don't pass, you walk.

Guess what happened? :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I have been fighting off panic attacks all evening because of this. I only work part time, with no opportunities for extra hours.

What the FUCK are we going to do, now?

I'm a fucking jinx, I know it. Everything just falls apart whenever I'm around. He doesn't deserve this.

I'm keeping a brave front. I'm trying to be positive. But now that I'm alone, and he's asleep, I'm falling apart.

.....Fuck.
Old 04-09-2005, 09:13 AM   #362
Jane13

Oh my gosh, D! I'm so sorry. :cry: Something will come up for you and Sam. Be well, to you and your family :hug:
"There's straw in his brains and his clothing is stained with mice and small newts and the perfectly maimed. Don't look under his hood in the place where he stood or you'll find yourself running from the rook in the wood."
-Cinema Strange
Old 04-09-2005, 11:02 AM   #363
edible_eye

oh man, that sucks x 2.

wolf - sorry you're having such difficulty with the boobage.

drgn - sorry things seem to be dissolving. can he reapply?
Old 04-09-2005, 03:40 PM   #364
WolfMoon

Thanks Draggy,Mark and Creepy.

Sorry to hear about Sam, but I like to remember that time passes for a reason.It won't be bad forever girl.

*HUGS*
Old 04-10-2005, 02:11 PM   #365
drgnlvr

Looks like Sam might be headed for OKC next weekend. We have friends there, who will take us in until we can get on our feet.

Well, I consider them more than friends, I think of them as family.

More jobs there, cheaper places to live.

But -damn- I hate being in a position where I have to be dependant on someone like that.

Sam will head out there next weekend, and I'll stay for a little bit. we'll be able to keep the place until the end of May. That'll give me time to pack, and give notice.

Hopefully, things will pick up, there.
Old 04-13-2005, 07:49 PM   #366
Solumina

when a friend asks you to prom what the hell kind of response is "um...no"?
-Carbon Leaf
Old 04-13-2005, 08:01 PM   #367
TeapotScar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina
when a friend asks you to prom what the hell kind of response is "um...no"?
I'm sorry sweetheart. That really sucks... and what kind of an idiot would say "um no" to a goddess like you? Honestly, you're smart, funny, and beautiful- if it gets any better than that I don't want to know about it. Feel better.

-Add me on myspace, because I'm pretty sure I've tried to add you! http://www.myspace.com/fermeztesyeux
Old 04-13-2005, 08:04 PM   #368
Solumina

thanks hun
-Carbon Leaf
Old 04-13-2005, 08:09 PM   #369
Jane13

Tea is right. Whoever said no to you is a big stupid head.
"There's straw in his brains and his clothing is stained with mice and small newts and the perfectly maimed. Don't look under his hood in the place where he stood or you'll find yourself running from the rook in the wood."
-Cinema Strange
Old 04-13-2005, 08:13 PM   #370
Solumina

I love you guys, it means a lot
-Carbon Leaf
Old 04-13-2005, 08:14 PM   #371
Solumina

*my computer hates me so it double posted*
-Carbon Leaf
Old 04-14-2005, 04:09 AM   #372
drgnlvr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina
*my computer hates me so it double posted*
It's not your computer, dear. It's the little gremlins. Really!

And anyone who said no to you should be horse-whipped.

*hugs*
Old 04-14-2005, 11:52 AM   #373
WolfMoon

I missed Mael's ass!

*pouting*

:evil:
Old 04-14-2005, 01:02 PM   #374
drgnlvr

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfMoon
I missed Mael's ass!

*pouting*

:evil:
So did I! :cry:

And to add insult to injury, my threat backfired! :P
Old 04-16-2005, 02:17 PM   #375
gingerbreadwench

I posted this earlier, but deleted it because it was completely incoherent. I’m rested now, and will try again.

I’m jealous of my best friend. Like, painfully jealous. And it’s not fair, because I love him very much and he’s very sweet and we have a lot in common. I just can’t help it. And now, here are the reasons.
1) He’s better-looking than I am. And I mean a LOT better looking. He’s very thin and handsome, and he’s got a brilliant sense of style that I just can’t seem to catch on to. Therefore, everyone is quite drawn to him, since he’s so handsome and looks so out of place on Maui, and I’m just his pudgy little sidekick.
2) He got the job that we both applied for. That was REALLY a blow, because the application was a lot of actual WRITING, and I am, like, officially, the “Best Young Writer of Hawaii 2004.” So all that made me think was that he got hired because he’s thinner or better-looking or because he’s a guy.
3) He’s been accepted to a really cool graphic design school. We’re both interested in graphic design (neither of us likes the other’s style though), and I’m really buggered that he gets to go to a really neat-o school on the mainland and I’ll be stuck here, which is the loser-of-the-century thing to do.

Anyway, I feel really terrible about being so jealous of him, because he is my best friend and I should be happy for him. I just can’t seem to feel that way though.