Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 10-13-2011, 09:40 AM   #1
Owl

My first stop, I suppose

So, here it goes. Hello. My name is Aeryn... and I am a goth at my core, but it's always hidden behind something. My life has always been dramatic and called for black, but it wasn't until my twenties that I started developing some sort of personality or personal style. I'm only at 23 but that feels like a million years ago. I hope this feels a bit... worth your time to read.

1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job)
I actually don't have a job at the moment. I have a chronic illness that renders me bed bound some days and it's too unpredictable for me to be employed. Hopefully that will change in the next few months but we'll see. I was in an IT helpdesk position before that, but I will never go back there and you can't make me. Please.
I'm into photography, and do a lot of hair and makeup. I do extensions and synthetic dreads, and fucking love to play around with colour. I collect dolls, play video games, and I read everything I can get my hands on, though I hadn't read for years before now. I'm only just getting back into the habit. I also write occasionally but I find it difficult to write out what's in my head without being disappointed.

2. Where are you from?
I grew up in country Australia, where everything weird was stared at, and that was fucking wicked. I moved to Melbourne after a brief stint in Canberra and am unfortunately, due to my previously mentioned illness, living in Adelaide with my boyfriend and my family, which is lovely but not ideal.

3. Who is your favorite author?
This is a really hard question, as I liked certain books and hate others from the same person. I love Jules Verne and my favourite book is Journey to the Center of the Earth, followed closely by William Goldman and The Princess Bride. Stephen King, Neil Gaiman

4. What are your favorite films?
The Princess Bride, The Little Mermaid, The Secret of Kells, Back to the Future, The Goonies, Stand by Me. I don't really know, I tend to have different favourite movies depending on the day.

5. What music do you want played at your wedding?
David Bowie.

6. At your funeral?
Tool.

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die?
Well... ideally it'd be in a mental institution, chained up and drugged to all fuckery and making up stories related to my death beforehand, to scare everyone. If we're talking reality, it'd be next to my beau, calmly and quietly. Dressed exquisitely.

8. What kind of casket would you want?
I want to be cremated and put into some kind of ceramic tile that reads 'Here lies Aeryn, somewhatly'
I feel enough of a waste of space already, I'd hate to be one in death too. A nice little tile would be good, they could hang me on a wall or plaster me into a bathroom or a water feature.

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit?
I don't dress the same every day and so I have a million different 'favourite' outfits. I can't pick one because I have way too many moods and daily flavours. I love mary janes and dresses. Anything with cotton lace, or flocked velvet I also fucking love coloured contact lenses. I wear them every day, and I wish there were more available in my prescription, but there aren't and I just go out half blind with shiny eyes. I dress normally with a bit of weird, I'm a bit too shy to go all out unless it's a special occasion, in which I will go all out. Mostly black or grey, colour confuses me with clothes.

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid?
Blissful ignorance.

11. What's your favorite band?
My music taste is probably the one thing I feel completely unable to be judged upon. I have way too varied of a taste, I just love music and give not the slightest fuck to how people see me concerning it. I can never pick one, blah.
I have a childhood adoration for Matthew Good that will never die. Other than him: Mogwai, Buck Tick, A Perfect Circle, Tool, Hole, Perfume, Bjork, Vaux, Pavement, The Flaming Lips, The Birthday Massacre, David Bowie, Clint Mansell, Billie Holiday, Radiohead, Deftones, System of a Down, Lily Allen, Pink Floyd, Rasputina, Jon Hopkins. I missed so many and I feel bad that I can't remember them all.

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major?
I finished high school, had a brief stint in fashion that gave me a certification as a machinist (the sewing kind, not the insomniac Christian Bale kind) but I've pretty much flown away from that like a duck from a hunter. I want to be a hair colourist, and a makeup artist. Maybe, we'll see how it goes. I like to be damn good at what I do and I get a bit insane about not being good enough for the industry. At 23 I feel too old to start learning professionally, which is a bit sad.

13. Why did you join?
I've been stalking the forums for years and thought I should create and account if I ever needed to post.

14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender?
Female, of the girly sort.

Thanks for reading :}
Owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 11:03 AM   #2
Grausamkeit

23 is young to start anything professional. I wish I had had the genius idea to go back to school in my 20s so I could already have a career, instead of building up to it in my 30s.

Welcome, Owl.

...I've been accused of folly by a fool. ~Antigone

Grausamkeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 12:15 PM   #3
Owl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grausamkeit View Post
23 is young to start anything professional. I wish I had had the genius idea to go back to school in my 20s so I could already have a career, instead of building up to it in my 30s.

Welcome, Owl.
I just see all of the 17-18 year olds, fresh out of school and into beauty schools and apprenticeships, and I always feel like (maybe because I'm only 22/23) that the four years or so they have on me makes so much of a difference. But hey, I'm sitting here whingeing and I haven't even tried yet. I have a passion for it, makes all the difference sometimes. And I'm bigger than them.

Thankyou for the welcome! <3
Owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 06:10 PM   #4
lord of the lightbulb

im 37 years young i didnt get my qulification as a master carpenter till 3 years ago i didnt start my trade till i was 28 as i was to busy fight some idoits war think the guy was called bush along with his love child blair lol life is about makin it up as you go i to have mental health issues but thats down to a bad call .... dont join the army less you want your head fooked or worse lol......... crime an punisment i think

all i can say is this:

it aint over till its over owl ....... life is short even if you live to 100 dont mean you will have out good to give to the world..

all the kids out there who take up apprenterships over half drop out or never get a job in the trade they went for most if not all end up retraining for summit else

as my regiment moto says !!death or glory!!

i go with glory coz if the worst ever happens it will be glorious
death is just the end the glory is what others say after your gone...

instead of walkin the walk like everyone else i became self imployed i work when im good when my head is up my arse an all i can see is shit i want out of my head i stay at home rather than hurt some little shit who thinks hes the next ucf champ lol

dont focus on what you cant do that would depress the best of ppl
focus on what you can do even if it was from home

setting up on your own can cost as little as £400 in the uk and i suspect a little cheaper in aus

just think about what you want an go for it it helps
trust me i know how hard it can be to make sence out of what you aint to make sence of..........

if you really want it you will get there
lord of the lightbulb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 11:03 PM   #5
Spooky Spencer

Hi, Owl...!

.... okay, that's all I got.

Zombie Protest:
"What do we want?" "Braaaaaaaaaaains...!"
"When do we want it?" "Braaaaaaaaaaains...!"
Spooky Spencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 03:51 PM   #6
wolf moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grausamkeit View Post

Welcome, Owl.
I had to/have to manage both at once... extra fun.

Owl: I quite like you already.
wolf moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 01:10 PM   #7
Beowulf

Hello and welcome, I hope you enjoy your time here !!!.
live the gods of yesterday.

Be excellent to one another !!!.
Beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote