Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 01-11-2008, 02:30 PM   #1
Cen0bite

tired of long and straight..

so i wanna do something with my hair..idk..wild and funky or something like that, maybe a mohawk..lol...but my whole life all i've ever had is straight and long hair.
i don't know what hair styles would work with my face and..it's just frustrating.
anyway, here's 2 recent pics from xmas to give you an idea of what it is now..and if anyone has any ideas or anthing..pleasse tell me!

http://a71.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/...e7d2a1e3e6.jpg
http://a552.ac-images.myspacecdn.com...3b40849b77.jpg

Pinhead: What you think of as pain is a shadow. Pain has a face. Allow me to show it to you. Gentlemen, I... Am... Pain
-Hellraiser:Bloodline
Cen0bite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 02:51 PM   #2
Dark Clarissa

Wow - you're gorgeous! :-D

On the hair, if you've not had it short before, I wouldn't do anything too drastic to start with. Perhaps have just have 3 inches off the length and have some layers put in it. This will give it a bit more more body. If you're still of the mind to have it shorter, then try something else in between before you go really short. You may not regret having it cut really short, but at least this way you give yourself a bit of time to get used to your hair being different to the way you're used to.

If you do get it cut - don't forget to post some pics so we can drool!
Dark Clarissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 03:01 PM   #3
Cen0bite

hehe..thanks.

well, i have had it short before, but that's when i was in middle school/high school and looked like an effin' dork. and everyone said i look like a kid with short hair.
but..i mean, i see people with short, funky, spiky hair. id love to have hair like that but i just want to make sure i'd look good with it.
also, i've been pondering the idea of getting dreads.
what do yall think?

Pinhead: What you think of as pain is a shadow. Pain has a face. Allow me to show it to you. Gentlemen, I... Am... Pain
Old 01-11-2008, 03:12 PM   #4
Dark Clarissa

Try this site: makeoversolutions .com (take the space out). You can upload a pic of yourself and then try different styles to see what might suit.
Dark Clarissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 09:31 PM   #5
AngelikDemonik

I think you look beautiful the way you are.

If you want to change it up a bit though, I think an A-line cut with lots of layers would look lovely on you.
AngelikDemonik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 09:40 PM   #6
Duane

Very beautiful...

I can't say much else. I think you should leave it as it is.
Duane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 09:48 PM   #7
ForgetThisLostLenore

I have the same type of hair though, almost same length and everything, and while it's easy to pull into all sorts of styles, it gets boring. I know your plight.

I would try adding layers, it's usually the best way to go if one doesn't wish to go dramatically short, which you might not want to do if your hair's been long for a while. Or if you do decide to go shorter, you could do it gradually, in order to see what you like best, and have the ability to stop at a length you like. I just really recommend that you don't go straight from long to extremely short in an afternoon. In my experiences, the transition is not kind.
ForgetThisLostLenore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 10:13 PM   #8
dark_dragon_of_ice

I wish I had straight hair.
dark_dragon_of_ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 03:10 PM   #9
Cen0bite

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelikDemonik
I think you look beautiful the way you are.

If you want to change it up a bit though, I think an A-line cut with lots of layers would look lovely on you.
That's one thing that's crossed my mind once or twice.

Thanks for the replies guys.
If i wind up doing anything, i'll let you all know.

Old 01-12-2008, 03:27 PM   #10
insertwittyname

Chunky supermodel bangs! Those you could really rock! And take off like 6 inches with a little bit of layering with the hair around your face so it can frame your face all gentle like. That's my idea!
Old 01-12-2008, 03:39 PM   #11
insertwittyname

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen0bite
hehe..thanks.

well, i have had it short before, but that's when i was in middle school/high school and looked like an effin' dork. and everyone said i look like a kid with short hair.
but..i mean, i see people with short, funky, spiky hair. id love to have hair like that but i just want to make sure i'd look good with it.
also, i've been pondering the idea of getting dreads.
what do yall think?
No dreads. My hair dresser says they absolutely kill your hair so you have to cut them out if you want rid of them. If you want dreads get some fake ones. You'll have more color choice with fakes anyways.

and short hair? you could totally kick butt with it, you'll just need to get some volume in it! You can get what I got, it's about 2 1/2 inches on top and slightly shorter in the back, all of it heavily razored. What you do to get that body is pomade. I suggest the brand Crew, a guy's pomade, but only the Fiber type, they have multiple but only the Fiber one gives enough hold. Short Sexy Hair brand, their Hard Up hard holding gel is pretty good. put two pumps in your hand and run it through your hair when it's wet and blow dry it completely dry with a comb. <--may be my favorite b/c with this stuff you can do this cockatoo *sp, it's that awsome bird with the funky head feathers* far on one side and totally fluff the rest of your hair forward and to the side. It works quite well with being radically different yet being classy at the same time.

You gotta be careful with short hair on your pomades and stuffs, I've tried a few other brands and dif ones from Crew and Short Sexy Hair and they never seem to hold your hair for more than 5 hours or get enough body into it.

Oooh! Another thing with short hair to keep the body is mousse. also apply when wet and blow dry, it'll take a bit to get the hang of making your hair fluff correctly though. One side flat with your bangs sticking straight out has been a problem of mine when you forget to blow dry in the right direction. Your hair may not have enough fluffy so after that you can put some pomade or thathair gel I mentioned at the roots. Or mousse. I love that stuff. Be liberal on all hair products on all these variations is the key.
Old 01-12-2008, 03:54 PM   #12
Cen0bite

lol..insert..

well, i've read a few ways you can get dreads out without totally killing your hair and having to chop it all off.

also, what shape does my face seem to have?
i've heard of face shapes and i have no clue what mine is.
can someone tell me?

Old 01-13-2008, 04:50 AM   #13
TopHaggardDoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen0bite
lol..insert..

well, i've read a few ways you can get dreads out without totally killing your hair and having to chop it all off.

also, what shape does my face seem to have?
i've heard of face shapes and i have no clue what mine is.
can someone tell me?
Being bored of Long straight hair is what made me shave it into a mohawk, lol!

From what I can see, your face is slightly round (not a bad thing, you're gorgeous)...so if you got a fringe, your face will look too small and if you got it cut to your jawline, it'd also look too round. because of that though, if you got some choppy layers, it'd add height and you could totally rock that.
Old 01-13-2008, 07:53 AM   #14
Cen0bite

ah..
well, i've been serioiusly considering that A-line cut. my Master also thinks it might look pretty good. i have to keep it red though, but that's alright 'cuz i love my red hair. lol.
hmm..is there a way i can do the A-line with a bunch of layers?
if anyone has a pic of what it might look like, that would reaalllyy help.
gonna add one more thing..if i keep i long and straight like this, my Master wants me to get like a little black streak in the front on one side..but He said if i get the A-line thing done, to get 2 black streaks, one on both sides...
hmmm...