Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Politics
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics "Under democracy, one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule -and both commonly succeed, and are right." -H.L. Menken

Old 06-08-2006, 01:34 AM   #1
werewolffan98

Zarqawi Dead! killed in bombing.

Breaking News on ABC.

http://abcnews.go.com

This is huge if true.
werewolffan98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 06:33 AM   #2
WolfMoon

Supposedly, this is true.

I was watching it this morning.

I hope it is true.
WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 07:00 AM   #3
Morrigan_Dubh

This is a quote from Michael Berg, father of Nik Berg, a US citizen said to have been killed by Zarqawi in Iraq:

"I have no sense of relief, just sadness that another human being had to die.

"As the poet John Donne said, any man's death diminishes me. It doesn't bring my son back, and this will just bring a new cycle of revenge killings."
Old 06-08-2006, 07:00 AM   #4
Lady Victoria Pareesis

Good news, at last!

"They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance."
Terry Pratchett
Lady Victoria Pareesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 07:02 AM   #5
Lady Victoria Pareesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrigan_Dubh
This is a quote from Michael Berg, father of Nik Berg, a US citizen said to have been killed by Zarqawi in Iraq:

"As the poet John Donne said, any man's death diminishes me. It doesn't bring my son back, and this will just bring a new cycle of revenge killings."
It's very nicely said (aaahg, my lack of vocabulairy strikes hard here), and so true.
I feel bad to rejoice for someone's death now.

"They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance."
Terry Pratchett
Old 06-08-2006, 07:29 AM   #6
WolfMoon

I don't. And won't
WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 09:32 AM   #7
Lady Victoria Pareesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfMoon
I don't. And won't
You're right, but I never manage to sell the annoying conscience who was included in the pack with my so-called brain *sigh*

Terry Pratchett
Old 06-08-2006, 12:50 PM   #8
mansongothicmadonnababy14

Oh well. If singing, "Hallelujah" to the tune of the Associated Press headlines across all the major new outlets make me a "bad" person, then being bad feels good today. A conscience is nice, in pre-school, but on the battlefield and in areas of conflict it's a dog eat dog world. You fuck with the big dogs, your shit little life will come to meet an early ending.

And I'll roll some quotage out from Paul Bigley, brother of Kenneth Bigley, who was killed in Iraq by the group Zarqawi personally oversaw; "The man was an animal and he deserved what he got. And may he rot in hell."

Fuck al-Zarqawi, fuck his network, fuck everyone who helped him take innocent lives, and if you've got a problem with people that are glad a man who's life was commited to the intentional mass murder of innocent women and children is dead, fuck you too. Go cry for ol' Adolf Hitler while you're at it.
mansongothicmadonnababy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 01:15 PM   #9
Empty_Purple_Stars

A-Fucking-Men!!!!

My sentiments exactly..

My only regret was that his death was so quick.

But I'll take what I can where that slimy piece of shit is concerned.

NO QUARTER WAS GIVING TO OUR COUNTRYMEN, NO QUARTER WAS GIVEN TO HIM.

May he burn a thousand lifetimes in the foulest pits in Hell.
Empty_Purple_Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 01:25 PM   #10
Emerald

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrigan_Dubh

Yes I have to agree with the sentiments here, sorry I haven't really got anything else to add for the time being.
Emerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 07:02 PM   #11
Somber Illusions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empty_Purple_Stars
A-Fucking-Men!!!!

My sentiments exactly..

My only regret was that his death was so quick.

But I'll take what I can where that slimy piece of shit is concerned.

NO QUARTER WAS GIVING TO OUR COUNTRYMEN, NO QUARTER WAS GIVEN TO HIM.

May he burn a thousand lifetimes in the foulest pits in Hell.
I love you!

They say he didn't die instantly, and if you notice in the photos, they only show his head. That means his legs and arms were probably blown off! Mother fucker, he's feeling the wrath of hell!
Somber Illusions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 09:21 PM   #12
werewolffan98

Of course i hope he gets 72 virgins who look like barbarbra streistrand.{sarcasm}
werewolffan98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 12:06 AM   #13
Somber Illusions

Quote:
Originally Posted by werewolffan98
Of course i hope he gets 72 virgins who look like barbarbra streistrand.{sarcasm}
Naw, that's too gracious. I hope his dick got blown off! I guess the "virgins" will have to wait for another so-called martyr.
Old 06-09-2006, 02:29 AM   #14
Falken

I just hope that the death of this a**hole barbarian (I can't think of a better description for someone who chops the heads off of non-combatants) leads to the weakening of the insurgency and more stability in Iraq.

I have seen too many friends and family members have to go over there, then wonder if I would ever see them again.

I believe though that the war was necessary, much as the one in the Balkans to stop the ethnic cleansing of Muslims there by the Serbs. Saddam murdered many Iraqi citizens because they were either Kurds (different ethnicity), Shiites (a different kind of Islam) or even just Sunnis who showed any displeasure with his rule. He was a dictator... not on the scale of a Hitler, but more of a bumbling Mussolini-type. Probably more Stalin-like in that he was beloved to some of his countrymen but murdered his own citizens he ruled.

Last edited by Falken; 06-09-2006 at 02:29 AM. Reason: so I won't have the dreams again...
Falken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 05:01 AM   #15
nuksaa

It is unfortunate that the killing of someone brings joy. But that is the current world. I cannot help but echo the sentiment of relief in his death. I hope this assists in the de-escalation of insurgent attacks. I also hope the politicians do not call this the end of the 'war'. This is just a small victory on the battlefield and much remains to be done. The steady strain to bring increased stability to the area must continue. We toast the victory tonight; but we mustn't get drunk. When sun rises in the morning, we will continue the fight.

Quote:
Who sing like Yoko Ono and have the social graces of Lorraine Bobbit.
Old 06-09-2006, 06:32 AM   #16
angel_dark_demon_bright

Quote:
Originally Posted by werewolffan98
Actually, I hope he gets to keep his 72 beutiful virgins. But since he got his dick blown off in the bombing he cant possibly enjoy them. And spends an eternity as a dickless, would be fucker bastard.

The only bad thing I can see about his death is that Al-Quada could use his death to their advantage. Otherwise the world is a better place without him. I hope he suffered those last few moments knowing he would die pointlessly.
angel_dark_demon_bright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 09:18 AM   #17
Somber Illusions

Quote:
have the social graces of Lorraine Bobbit.
Nice one.
Old 06-09-2006, 04:22 PM   #18
Falken

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuksaa
Who sing like Yoko Ono and have the social graces of Lorraine Bobbit.
Yeah, I think he deserves having his whacker cut off for eternity and having to listen to music that sounds like two cats humping.

The f**ker had about 17 boxes in the house he was in with people's heads he had cut off in them.
Falken is offline   Reply With Quote