Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 01-02-2016, 09:25 AM   #1
laughing goth

happy new year

Gothy new year.
For new years I was going to sit and read the the dream Quest of un known Kadath having nothing better to do and were my copy of body and soul paper thin, But then at the last minuet some one invited me to a new years party and I went. It was a normal party with normal people ( sorry ) The dinner was baked fish head and all. Some people thought that eating a fish with eyes and a head in stead of a fillet was yucky and just to much.
So I did not have a dread full time.
Isnt that nice ?
I hope all of you had a good time to.
laughing goth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 02:37 AM   #2
Pr1aP1sm

A 'Gothy New Years' to you as well Laughing Goth.
Good to hear you were surrounded by friends... Even if they were 'Norms'.
Some people only seem normal, till you get to know them.
Then you can see just how much of a freak they really are.
That's when the fun begins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by laughing goth View Post
The dinner was baked fish head and all. Some people thought that eating a fish with eyes and a head in stead of a fillet was yucky and just to much.
Yeah, A lot of people don't like their food to be staring back at them as they consume it's body. Just think how many more Vegans or Vegetarians there would be if more people had to actually kill, and prepare their own food.
Life feeds on Life. There doesn't seem to be a way around that one.
But, If I can communicate with it... I would rather not eat it.
Pr1aP1sm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 06:28 AM   #3
laughing goth

Well yes I think the words they look normal would probably be a better description.

I remember on the farm watching dinner get whacked over the head with a hammer, bleed out. skinned and butchered.
I was a vegetarian for a while. I am not any more but I do not eat allot of meat, and I can't stand wasting of meat. Something died for that meal so you had better eat it.

On the other hand I do not force my values on any one else.
Old 01-03-2016, 07:04 AM   #4
Stormbringer

Happy New Year To All

If anything I have greater personal issues with New Year's parties than with Christmas. Living, as I do, in a country that promotes getting drunk and making a total twat of yourself at this time of the year, I learnt quite early on that if you are unwilling to participate in drunken revelry, you had better stay home and watch the seconds drag on till midnight on Dec 31 in the tranquil calm and comfort of your living room, surrounded by your beloved offspring and your treasured art collection. Which I promptly did.
Stormbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 09:44 AM   #5
Anise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormbringer View Post
Happy New Year To All

Living, as I do, in a country that promotes getting drunk and making a total twat of yourself at this time of the year
Ah twinned with Ireland
Drinking and debauchery are 2 of our fave pastimes!

Hang about .. :o
Eating corpses you say o.O
Fuck me that's far from normal!
Daaaa fuq is wrong with people!?
The sea's lovely to look at; it's a sheer marvel. but wouldn't bloody eat anything out of it! Pollution isn't to my pallet. Did the fishies look fishy?
Like .. just the usual 1 head .. not 2 or 3? Did you count their eyes? 2?

Well my NYE was the usual tbh .. same shit, different day ..
Other than it was my Earth Day, the day that I arrived here.
NYE has always hijacked any birthday celebrations, so have long since gave up the ghost on trying .. speaking of ghosts tho; I sat by a huge fire and watched Irish Ghost Stories & other paranormal based docus on the Tube.
Brought in the New Year with my best buds .. my doggies

Rock & Roll \m/ \m/

A Happy New Year to All
Bright Blessings & Blessed Be
Anise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 11:49 AM   #6
laughing goth

There was allot of drinking and debauchery here to.
There was a good amount of property damage as well. Ironically It was the local Muslim population that was drunk and trashed the place.

I'm definitely not going into the city center next year.
Old 01-05-2016, 03:18 AM   #7
Stormbringer

Our city centre is usually the problem too. Years ago (80s - early 90s) New Year's Eve would see it full of happy drunks, people sharing kisses, free concerts and we had quite a good fireworks show. Then one year a few of my alternative friends and I encountered open hostility and near violence. Unfortunately this became increasingly common until one year we had to literally run away to avoid being assulted. Soon after that, New Year's in town became a thing of the past.

This time I watched Pokemon and a Transformers movie on the couch with my five year old and a bowl of pop corn - sancta simplicitas.
Stormbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 01:01 AM   #8
laughing goth

sadly the assaults were more wide spread and now there on the news. Right big mess.
Old 04-26-2023, 10:49 PM   #9
blareblare2000

Happy Goth New Year to you too! It's always great to hear about how people celebrate their new year's eve. It sounds like you had quite an adventure, from planning to spend the night reading to being invited to a party at the last minute. It's nice to see that you had a good time at the party, even though it may not have been exactly what you were expecting.

As for the dinner, I can imagine that baked fish with the head and eyes intact might not be everyone's cup of tea. But hey, to each their own, right? It's good to try new things sometimes, and who knows, you might have discovered a new favorite dish. stump removal hamilton
blareblare2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2023, 08:01 AM   #10
edwardterr

This anecdote reminds us that embracing unexpected experiences can sometimes lead to pleasant surprises and enjoyable moments. It also serves as a reminder to remain open-minded and adaptable, as life often presents us with unexpected opportunities for enjoyment and connection. Cheers to a year filled with diverse and delightful experiences for everyone! kitchen renovation company
edwardterr is offline   Reply With Quote