Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 04-05-2006, 05:38 PM   #1
BlessedBeauty

Angelina

My name is Angelina (obviously). I’m Puerto Rican and French/Italian (somewhere in my ancestry). I’m from the Bronx, New York City. I’m a Christian and I love learning about different beliefs, etc. I just turned 20 years old yesterday. Fun. I’ve just started working on making my own music. I enjoy playing piano and guitar (not a pro, lol). I also like to sing and dance. I’m a big movie fan; I respect brilliant performances. I mess around with HTML and web design programs. Whenever I make a site, I’ll let y’all know.

Several literature works I’ve been reading lately are from John Donne, John Milton, and Aemilia Lanyer. Some of my favorite films are White Oleander, American History X, Chicken Little, Crash, Saw, Hostel, and others. I’ll take the In-My-Sleep option for choice of death because I can’t think of anything else at the moment. My favorite outfit is a corset with either a pair of jeans or a skirt when going to shows and such. I’d like to start designing some clothes since I can’t seem to find any stores around here. One thing that I miss about being a little kid was dancing on the coffee table. If we still had one, I’d be doing that right about now. Several of the artists/bands I listen to are Within Temptation, Lacuna Coil, The Mars Volta, Metallica, Evanescence, Opeth, Depeche Mode, Kaki King, Mariah Carey, Coldplay, okay, now that’s enough. I’m currently a college student and beginning to study Psychology and Philosophy, but I’m considering the Performing Arts and English.

I came across this site today and read many of your posts. Many of you are very interesting, open-minded, and welcoming. I’ve had this Gothic sense in me for several years but I grew up being the way others viewed me. I didn’t explore my interests and my inner feelings because of the fear others would reject me because I “wasn’t being myself”. However, for the past two years I’ve become more comfortable in my skin and have grown a fascination with the gothic culture and community. So, I’m looking forward to making some new friends here and learning from you all. =)

Shit, I write a lot. Hope I didn't bore you. :-\
BlessedBeauty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 05:48 PM   #2
Sobeh

Well done, props for doing paragraphs too, I like that. Sounds good so far - yay! A (likely) good one of the bunch. I hope to read more from you.
The phrase "we (I) (you) simply must---" designates something that need not be done. "That goes without saying" is a red warning. "Of course" means you had best check it yourself. These small-change cliches and others like them, when read correctly, are reliable channel markers.
Sobeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 05:50 PM   #3
Magpie_Tendencies

Welcome Angelina and Happy Birthday for yesterday!

You don't bore me at all and I hope you stick around. I look forward to your future posts .
Old 04-06-2006, 12:35 AM   #4
Niels

Welcome Angelina. I actually enjoyed reading your post, and I appreciate the fact that you are so honest about yourself.

Well, sit down and make yourself comfortable!
Old 04-06-2006, 01:19 AM   #5
DarkIce

Nice to meet you Angelina.
Any chance we´ll see you perform in the video-section? After making us drool - we want ya!

*evilgrin*
Old 04-06-2006, 12:38 PM   #6
BlessedBeauty

Thanks for the warm welcome!

DarkIce, I'm flattered
BlessedBeauty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 12:44 PM   #7
Queenofdarkness57

Welcome blessedbeauty, I really liked your profile. I'm looking forward to your contributions to this site. OOh post some pics if you can.
Old 04-06-2006, 12:46 PM   #8
Oubliette

I bet she's hotter then a puerto rican mama sucking on ice in a sauna.

"Can't we all just get a bong?"-Wolfie-
Oubliette is offline   Reply With Quote