Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 03-06-2006, 01:12 AM   #101
Deviant Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xnguela
I <3 the avy, of course!

I think I'll probably stay Peter Murphy...

I'm a little saddened that no one has said anything about the avatar I made for Darkangel...
*goes to have a look at it*

That rocks, hon! Very elegant

~ Wei Hui
Deviant Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 01:20 AM   #102
Deviant Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by angleangel_doom
What was this thread about again?
I think the rob-troll distracted us all for a while...

Ok, so does anyone else here have a worst trait they want to confess? Or we can just carry on chatting - I don't mind!

~ Wei Hui
Old 03-06-2006, 01:38 AM   #103
Empty_Purple_Stars

Worst Trait?

I worry about everyone else too much, and myself not enough..

I think it comes from being sick for so long. I am happiest when I am helping someone else. It gets my focus off of being ill and I get to do something good for somebody that needs it.

Consequently, I run myself completely into the ground trying to do too much.

I know it is REALLY bad for me in so many ways, but I have been like this for so long I don't know how to stop. Not only does it lay me out physically, but emotionally everything stacks up inside me until I crack under the weight of all.

No Bueno..

Le Sigh..
Empty_Purple_Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 08:20 AM   #104
Lady Ravenna

I have a really bad habit of making sexual jokes at eally bad times and in front of the wrong people. I also forget EVERYTHING!
Lady Ravenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 10:19 AM   #105
OnixxFilth

Either talking too much or giving TMI about my sex life.
Old 03-22-2006, 10:27 AM   #106
tenet_2012

My worst trait, by far, would be my absolute disregard for money. I spend it like water.

I never worry about money, ever. Sometimes, that is harmful.

--Geisha
tenet_2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 10:47 AM   #107
Oubliette

I'm a major sloth. Lazy beyond belief. Procrastinate my life away.

"Can't we all just get a bong?"-Wolfie-
Oubliette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 10:55 AM   #108
Queenofdarkness57

I'm way TOO hyper!
Old 03-22-2006, 11:18 AM   #109
tenet_2012

Quote:
It happens. you should probably get tested for ADHD.
Made-up disease.

--Geisha
tenet_2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 01:25 PM   #110
TwistedKitsune

I was misdiagnosed with ADHD, over medicated, and that messed me up even more. I'm a hyper person with insane mood swings that also happens to have no ability to concentrate on anything that doesn't capture my interest. It's just plain ADD with a whole slew of other things on the side for me. To anyone who doesn't have either, they'll never really understand. The same concept goes for clinical depression. They're all those things that you can describe, and decribe, and describe until you're blue in the face, and unless who you're describing it to is in the same situation, they'll never understand it.

Many of my worst traits have already been perfectly described by other people, but I'll go ahead and give you my take on my worst traits

I'm insecure to the point of isolating myself from the few friends I have. I take everything too literally, even if meant in a joking manner, and while I manage to shrug it off in public, it's all a fake front to keep people off my back about deeper issues. I enternalize it all, it leads to constant self-doubt, and as TOIB mentioned, I come to find it hard to believe that anyone else likes who I am, when I so greatly dislike myself.
As for false fronts, I used to not be so good at it, however, people have given me increasinly frequent compliments about "becoming a better, happier person" when in truth I've just become a better actress. I know some people who don't think of me as insecure at all, which I suppose is, in a way, a good thing, it keeps people from giving me their little speeches on how they "cured their depression" and how it worked for them and so, if I was really trying, it would work for me too. It's also a bad thing, a very bad thing really. If I don't ever -seem- insecure, or anything other than my false-front happy --albeit distant-- self, then no one ever knows, and thus I don't ever get any of the reassurances or suchlike that I rather truthfully crave.

Also, on a slightly less heavy note: I'm loud. I talk loudly, it just happens. I'll be talking and suddenly notice that I'm the loudest person in the room, or end up with someone just flat out telling me I'm loud or, in more rude cases, have people yell at me to "just shut the fuck up already".

I get unexplainable public speaking jitters too. I'm perfectly fine if I'm the first person to speak, but if I have to sit there and wait while other people speak, and then it's my turn, I'm a mess. My voice gets all shakey, my stomach does flips, and my hands shake uncontrollably.

There's tons others, I could go on forever, so I suppose that only dwelling on my negative aspects is another trait as well.

Also, I'd like to mention that I agree with EPS and TOIB 100% on all of their statements about physical health/surgery/etc. in relationship to mental health, but if I went on about that this post would end up crazy long, and I feel like I'm possibly giving too much input as it is.

pssst, Morrigan, tokidoki shashin wa ii...
TwistedKitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 01:44 PM   #111
Queenofdarkness57

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedKitsune
IAlso, on a slightly less heavy note: I'm loud. I talk loudly, it just happens. I'll be talking and suddenly notice that I'm the loudest person in the room, or end up with someone just flat out telling me I'm loud or, in more rude cases, have people yell at me to "just shut the fuck up already".
I'm really loud too and I laugh hysterically. I think you should stop thinking about how others would react and say about you and concentrate more on yourself. Just focus on building your self-esteem and all your problems would be solved. I guarantee that. And about the false ADHD, that's one of the reasons I HATE medications.
Old 03-22-2006, 02:23 PM   #112
TwistedKitsune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofdarkness57
I think you should stop thinking about how others would react and say about you and concentrate more on yourself. Just focus on building your self-esteem and all your problems would be solved. I guarantee that.
Wish your guarantee was enough. It's not nearly as easy as building self-esteem. Concentrating more on myself is, again, something I should do. On that note, however, see EPS's post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empty_Purple_Stars
Worst Trait?

I worry about everyone else too much, and myself not enough..

I think it comes from being sick for so long. I am happiest when I am helping someone else. It gets my focus off of being ill and I get to do something good for somebody that needs it.

Consequently, I run myself completely into the ground trying to do too much.

I know it is REALLY bad for me in so many ways, but I have been like this for so long I don't know how to stop. Not only does it lay me out physically, but emotionally everything stacks up inside me until I crack under the weight of all.
I couldn't have phrased it better myself

Quote:
\And about the false ADHD, that's one of the reasons I HATE medications.
As for that, ADHD was the -least- of my misdiagnosis issues. I mistrust doctors like there's no tomorrow, for many, many reasons

Old 03-22-2006, 05:12 PM   #113
hollowmaggot

I'm horribly shy with people I don't know well.

It's not emotional actually, it's all physical so it's much harder to control. I feel like mentally it's not a problem but then my heart beats really fast (close to feeling like a panic attack is coming on), my mouth freezes and I find it impossible to not be so stiff and awkward.
hollowmaggot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 09:00 PM   #114
TwistedKitsune

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollowmaggot

It's not emotional actually, it's all physical so it's much harder to control. I feel like mentally it's not a problem but then my heart beats really fast (close to feeling like a panic attack is coming on), my mouth freezes and I find it impossible to not be so stiff and awkward.
that's exactly how it is with me and public speaking.

Old 03-23-2006, 11:28 AM   #115
OnixxFilth

I also laugh waaay too loudly at things that aren't that funny, and, like tenet, spend money like there's no end to it.
Old 03-23-2006, 12:36 PM   #116
succubus,queenofvampires

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollowmaggot

Yeah, me too. I start getting so self-conscious that I analyse my every move while thinking about what will the others say with respect to what I've done.
succubus,queenofvampires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 11:35 PM   #117
DemureDemise

My worst trait is that I am extremely shy. Not only in person but on the phone. I'm too shy to call people, even if it's family. I can't do it. It's like I feel threatened by them or something. I also feel that because I am shy, it makes me not able to stand up for myself and advocate a need I may have. I've talked about this with a friend and he says that's called 'submissive'.
DemureDemise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 11:50 PM   #118
Sanctus Dei

My worst trait, currently, is whining too much.
Your blatant disregard and lack of respect for the members here pisses me off. You think that just because Sanctus likes you for some reason(?) , that you can act like a bastard and get absolutely no comeuppance? Fuck you dickwad!

-Never mistake my tolerance for fucking approval.... never.
Sanctus Dei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 11:56 PM   #119
TheKorovaMilkbar

I have two. One is my overabundant kindness, that many take advantage of, but it seems, I never learn.

The other is my isolationism. I tend to spend long periods of time away from my friends, not answering their calls and whatnot. I think I've figured out where that one came from.
Old 03-24-2006, 12:11 AM   #120
TwistedKitsune

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKorovaMilkbar
I have two. One is my overabundant kindness, that many take advantage of, but it seems, I never learn.
I've got the same problem...

on a side note, your sig makes me giggle every time I read it, and then I have to remember that I'm the one who said it...which is odd...

Old 03-25-2006, 07:58 AM   #121
Deviant Kitten

Quote:
I have so fucking many, and every time someone posts a new one I think, "Yeah, that's me."
Me too, Xng. I wouldn't have enough time to quote all the people I agree with here, but I have to add myself to the list of shy people. I'm fine sometimes, but other times it's like I literally have forgotten how to speak! My mouth won't open and my brain won't function properly. It's incredibly fucking annoying! I just wish I could stop feeling inferior to everyone around me as I'm sure that's what makes me clam up.

~ Wei Hui
Old 03-25-2006, 08:08 AM   #122
Queenofdarkness57

I have lately noticed that I feel uncomfortable around strangers which pushes me to be rude to them. As I am introduced to someone, I pretend to be busy and I'm usually mean to them. That's why making friends is becoming more and more difficult.
Old 03-25-2006, 09:48 AM   #123
Deviant Kitten

Quote:
I have lately noticed that I feel uncomfortable around strangers which pushes me to be rude to them. As I am introduced to someone, I pretend to be busy and I'm usually mean to them. That's why making friends is becoming more and more difficult.
I do that too. It's strange, I don't mean to be rude or evasive, but sometimes I can't help myself! I think it's nervousness that makes me act like an idiot

~ Wei Hui
Old 03-25-2006, 01:18 PM   #124
Queenofdarkness57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deviant Kitten
I do that too. It's strange, I don't mean to be rude or evasive, but sometimes I can't help myself! I think it's nervousness that makes me act like an idiot
Me too, God it's so embarrasing. I wish I could control it.
Old 03-25-2006, 01:47 PM   #125
TheKorovaMilkbar

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedKitsune
on a side note, your sig makes me giggle every time I read it, and then I have to remember that I'm the one who said it...which is odd...
I don't think I'll be getting rid of that one any time soon. Every time I read it, I laugh.