Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 10-24-2010, 05:17 AM   #1
Plectrude

Plectrude

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.", Aristotle
I´m an atheist, but open-minded and social liberal. Bisexual.
But I am very picky when it comes to chosing a people I want to be friends with. I speak six languages. Neither of them fluently, but I do speak.
When I´m bored I play chess, which happen to be my favourite hobby. Improving my PC, gaming, reading , dancing and drawing are some of my other hobbies. I love beautiful things, and I like the smell of paper in old books.

If you know how to count, you may be able to know how old I am now.

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die?
डेथ I don´t want to die. I haven´t completed my goal yet.
13. Why did you join?
Simply because I feel like it.
9. What's your FAVORITE outfit?
I don´t have one. I wear what I like and how I like, it depends on my mood at the moment I´m putting my clothes on. Not everyday the same though. Corsets.
8. What kind of casket would you want?
Why? You´re going to give me one?
I have it already, thanks.
6. At your funeral?
A Funeral March perhaps?
´Passion and The Opera`, Nightwish.
5. What music do you want played at your wedding?
I´ll let my bride to choose.
4. What are your favorite films?
´Rear Window`, ´The Seventh Seal`, ´The Ninth Gate`.
3. Who is your favorite author?
Alfred Hitchcock.
11. What's your favorite band?
The Sisters of Mercy.
Though, I listen to the classical music and I still like powerful female voices more than anything.
12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major?
Student at the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences.
Cultural, literature and language research is the path I´ve chosen.
Student of 3D Design, still. Not so much into it anymore but I´ll finish it.

1997. - 2009.

12. What kind of education did you have? What is/was/will be your major?
I´ve spent my whole elementary education (first graduate school/Junior high) reading books and writing fictions cintaining my favourite books characters. Never actually been a very social person, so I had no friends at that time but I was a part of the Drama and Literature group. I don´t really remember anyway.

In 2005. I entered High Art School (second graduate), studying to become a fashion designer, and a Dance School, studying classical ballet – both at the same time.
After I finished High School in June 2009., I had no will to continue with drawing and/or ballet so I took part in 3D design, creating animation movies – haven´t finished it yet.

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid?
Kindergarten.
I liked boots and long coats, but only at the evening.
11. What's your favorite band?
I didn´t have one. I was in love with classical music, especially Bach, Chopin and Wagner. I liked powerful female voices more than anything.
4. What were your favorite films?
´Rear Window`, ´The Ninth Gate`.
3. Who was your favorite author?
Alfred Hitchcock.

1990. - 1997.

1. What did you do? (Hobbies, job)
I was in kindergarten. I liked the language group that I used to be part of, and the rhytmic gymnastics lessons.
14. What is your gender?
I was, and I still am a female.
2. Where are you from?
Croatia – and it´s not at south. It´s central Europe. Get a map.
Plectrude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 10:33 AM   #2
TheFeatheredÆtheling

Greetings, Plectrude; your introduction is interesting and mysterious. I like Alfred Hitchcock too. What kind of video games do you play?
TheFeatheredÆtheling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 09:54 PM   #3
TheFeatheredÆtheling

You speak so many languages; have you traveled much? I hope to visit the Balkans someday. Honestly, I have quite a few questions for you, but they'd all be considered rude... I'd like to learn about Croatian culture though; I'll leave it at that.
TheFeatheredÆtheling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 02:34 AM   #4
≈Mortal•Mælstrom≈

hear, hear! i concur, good sir!
≈Mortal•Mælstrom≈ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 02:44 AM   #5
≈Mortal•Mælstrom≈

I figure I am new to the Gothic.net community as well.
Time for info posty:

1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job)
I am a spinner of yarns (I enjoy making up stories). Baking is one of my favorite past-times. I try to do a good job at altering/creating clothing, stuffed toys, functional inventions and the like. I work with wood in my backyard during the good seasons. I am pretty damn lucky that I am not employed now. It gives me time to stockpile creations of mine to start a booth at the market next year as well as possibly sell them online.

2. Where are you from?
Yakima, Washington; U.S.A. (Damn)

3. Who is your favorite author?
Alexandre Dumas, Patrick Rothfuss, Stephen King

4. What are your favorite films?
The Last Emperor, Empire of the Sun, Rocky Horror Picture Show, Whale Rider, Labyrinth, Star Wars (the original 4th, 5th, and 6th Episodes), Invaders from Mars, Rad, SLC Punk, Run Lola Run, Heavy Metal, The Remains of the Day, Explorers, Hellboy 1 & 2, Full Metal Jacket, Indiana Jones (all of em') and the Original Star Trek series, Monsterthursday, Haunted Honeymoon, Sin City, How to Train Your Dragon, Shane, The Point, Better Than Chocolate. I am sure there are a lot more that I enjoy but I tend to stay away from the TV as much as possible.

5. What music do you want played at your wedding?
I don't believe in marriage, but if there's gotta be a song it should be No One's Gonna Love You by Band of Horses and then Forever by Siouxsie and the Banshees when the divorce papers are finalized.

6. At your funeral?
Meditation From Thai by Massenet OR VM8 by Bola.

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die?
Thoroughly. I'm thinking overdose (self-inflicted) or a gunshot wound (not self-inflicted).

8. What kind of casket would you want?
Industrial grade steel with glass bolts, hand cranks, and moving gears which serve a functional purpose. The steel has to have a high-polished black metallic finish and then "All Your DED Are Belong To Us" engraved on the foot of the casket.

Barefoot, DIY jeans, long-sleeve black shirt (F*ck bras and F*ck panties and F*CK RESTRAINTS!)

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid?
Getting spanked for bad behavior. jk...sort of...just behaving like a wild animal, really. THEN it's the spankings.

11. What's your favorite band/singers?
Really? Here are some that SHOULD be mentioned:
Siouxsie and the Banshees, The Cure, Beloved Enemy, The Smiths, Skinny Puppy, Billy Holiday, Steve Roach, Harold Budd, Nightwish, Turisas, Brian Eno, Wolfsheim, Vangelis, The Knife, Microstoria, New Order, Killing Joke, Nobuo Uematsu, Gary Newman, The Human League, Luciano Pavoratti, Fennesz, Enya, Sisters of Mercy, Anathema, Silent Screams, Kylie Minogue, Ice House, Eisbrecher, Radiohead, The Psychedelic Furs, PNAU, MGMT, The Cranberries, The Cruxshadows, Bjork, Bola, Clan of Xymox, Current 83, Cole Porter, The Inkspots, The Birthday Massacre, Inkubus Sukkubus, Depeche Mode, Diary of Dreams, Rammstein, Scream Silence, No Comment, White Rose Transmission, Switchblade Symphony, Exilia, Joy Disaster, Joy DeVision, Elton Motello, Jeunesse d'Ivoire, Constance Demby, Charles Trenet, A Spell Inside, Unheilig, Hocico, Tchaikovsky, Rachmaninov, Mozart, And One, Antony and the Johnsons, and many more.

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major?
GED and I am almost finished with my Interior Design Bachelor of Fine Arts Degree. I don't know when I'll get to finish it. I pick stuff up fairly quick.

13. Why did you join?
I would like to make friends who share ideas and interests.

14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender?
Female *looks down...sighs*
≈Mortal•Mælstrom≈ is offline   Reply With Quote