Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 04-10-2006, 08:58 AM   #1
lena

introducing myself....Lena

Hey all, Im Lena, Im supposed to introduce myself, and I hope Im doing it right.I Dont get into to many groups or whatever you want to call it. So dont send any one to my house to kill me if I posted this wrong. Unless its a really hot vampy goth....and he or she is gonna do it in a fun way.... ok sorry about that. My husband is out to sea, and my hormones aren't taking it well...

1. What do you do? I dont have a job, unless you count raising kids. I have two of them. Mostly i sit in front of my computer, also have been known to do some halfway decent artwork.

2. Where are you from? Was raised in a podunk town in indiana, then san diego california, now i am in Norfolk Va. Thats what i get for marrying a sailor.

3. Who is your favorite author? Tom clancy is pretty good. mostly i read whatever catches my eye.

4. What are your favorite films? queen of the damned, what dreams may come, and The Craft.

5. What music do you want played at your wedding? already got married, played the rose, because my aunt wanted to sing and already knew the song.

6. At your funeral? Anything good, i want a big freaking party and I want my ashes rolled into cigarettes for all my friends to smoke....

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die? I dont know....but I dont want to die of natural causes...or anything boring.

8. What kind of casket would you want? Want to be cremated and rolled into cigarettes. Maybe a couple of those grey diamonds made out of my ashes too, for the kids.

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit? A black t-shirt that says Stupidity causes Cancer, and jeans. I dont get dressed up much...

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid? Innocence and freedom.

11. What's your favorite band? no clue....

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major? dropped out of highschool pregnant, got married, got my GED. Havent managed to do any college courses yet, I want to do that when my kids are both in school, and plan on getting into computer art.

13. Why did you join? Because I am into goth.....what the heck kind of question is that anyway, like i am supposed to say "I really like your group and I cant wait to be your best friend" Umm no thanks.
Old 04-10-2006, 09:30 AM   #2
lena

Thanks for the info.....I looked around a bit...still seems like an interesting place, so I will stay. To answer your questions, I have two kids, a boy and a girl, My daughter is 5 and my son is 2. My husband is out to sea because he is in the navy, So I am stuck here, alone with the kids more often that not.

p.s. added an avatar i made, i am not used to making anything that small so hopefully it looks alright, and works.
Old 04-10-2006, 09:46 AM   #3
lena

thanks for the link xnguela, I was looking around to see if there were other parents here.I looked through some of the literature....there is alot of talent in here.
Old 04-10-2006, 11:12 AM   #4
Queenofdarkness57

Welcome Lena, more gothic mummies aboard, coolness!! Please post some pictures of your kids, I hope you enjoy your stay!
I like your av.
Old 04-10-2006, 11:24 AM   #5
lena

queen, thanks for the welcome, where should I post pictures of myself/my kids? I havent noticed a board for that.
Old 04-10-2006, 11:31 AM   #6
Queenofdarkness57

Quote:
Originally Posted by lena
queen, thanks for the welcome, where should I post pictures of myself/my kids? I havent noticed a board for that.
You're welcome. You can post the pictures in here:https://www.gothic.net/boards/showthread.php?t=8
Old 04-10-2006, 12:05 PM   #7
lena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofdarkness57
You're welcome. You can post the pictures in here:https://www.gothic.net/boards/showthread.php?t=8

Oh ok, i thought that was just for member photos. I will do that, just as soon as i get some of my photos uploaded to photobucket. Thanks.
Old 04-10-2006, 02:53 PM   #8
lena

xnguela, yes, i am a member, obviously. I was not suggesting there was a problem with posting a picture of myself there, I was simply unsure if it was alright to post my childrens pictures there, as that was what queen had originally said.
Old 04-10-2006, 03:07 PM   #9
lena

oh, i am not upset. i was unsure if you were getting pissy with me or playing----excuse me for being dense. I seem to have forgotten how to sleep lately, and my brain isnt functioning well.
I like that song....only i usually change it to save a ship, ride a sailor...lol
Old 04-10-2006, 04:34 PM   #10
A Simple Poet

Lena...

Welcome. I am a pretentious enough newbie to have the pluck to welcome you here, but I am nothing if not desirous towards courtesy. I am new too and was glad to find a REAL Literary Society since so many I have tried to start, failed. Anyway, I wouldn't dream of hijacking your thread so welcome and please suffer me one more remark to another member...

Xnguela wrote:

Quote:
It's a beautiful day outside, and someone was playing "Save a horse, ride a cowboy" from their dorm room and I wrote a 2 page paper outside in the grass.
Was that your poetry explication essay? You wrote it through that song? I commend you. I cannot deal with that song due to the strange chance that my wife was watching some dancing show on TV and I saw a pair doing a horrible number to it. Ghastly.

My name is Will ... and I'm back from a glorious feeding.

Will on Facebook ... Identify yourself because I'm a proud, Facebook, recluse.
A Simple Poet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 04:41 PM   #11
Jane13

You seem cool. One of my best buddies names is Lena... but she's in highschool and doesn't have any kids, so it's not you

Welcome.
"There's straw in his brains and his clothing is stained with mice and small newts and the perfectly maimed. Don't look under his hood in the place where he stood or you'll find yourself running from the rook in the wood."
-Cinema Strange
Jane13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 10:32 PM   #12
lena

Thanks Jane and poet, for the welcome.

Jane, definetly not me....and its not really my given name, its an abreviated version. I hate my full name.

Xnguela, I am more of an artist than a poet, though poetry is art too. And I couldnt right a book to save my life unless it were a trashy romance novel. I dabble in poetry now and again, especially when my husband is gone for a long time. If I write anything decent, I will post it for you all. But yes I love literature in all its forms, from the crayon mispelled I love you's from my daughter all the way up to shakespeare. I dont know why that didnt come to mind when asked about my favorite author.
Old 04-11-2006, 06:43 AM   #13
Sobeh

Quote:
And I couldnt right a book to save my life...
....teehee! ::giggles::

Sorry, couldn't resist.
The phrase "we (I) (you) simply must---" designates something that need not be done. "That goes without saying" is a red warning. "Of course" means you had best check it yourself. These small-change cliches and others like them, when read correctly, are reliable channel markers.
Sobeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 07:39 AM   #14
angel011

My cousin's nickname is Lena; her real name is Jelena (Croatian/Serbian version of Helen). She likes her real name, but she got a nickname and likes it too.

Welcome to Gnet. Hope you enjoy it here.
Old 04-11-2006, 08:36 AM   #15
lena

ok, im laughing at my stupid spelling/grammar error now.

I wish you were right, Xnguela, that is pretty.

Jelena isnt it either, but very close....

My name is......
(drum roll please)

ok now im just stalling...

Telena
Old 04-11-2006, 10:10 AM   #16
lena

See, I just dont get it, Everyone says that about my name but I just dont like it. I have known or heard of only 3 other people in my life with my name....One was a girl in my apartment complex....I almost got my ass beat because someone thought I was her. Another is the creator of a china doll magazine, and spells it differently....And my favorite, is a member of the band "Kitty". She kinda looks like me too.
Old 04-11-2006, 10:11 AM   #17
WolfMoon

That's not a bad name at all! It could have been something like Willemina. I once had a maintenance worker at an apartment complex whose name was Athena. I told her I though her name was one of the coolest I'd heard. Hooray for Greekiness!

Um, okay.

Welcome Lena, while some members(Xnguela ) feel the need to point out that we're not technically a 'gothic' website, it's always good to have kindred spirits on the boards and not wangsty Mansonites or GoodCharlotte followers!

*bites Xng's bum*
WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 10:15 AM   #18
Sobeh

Xng has a point, although going for unique on purpose can leave you with shit like "Unas" or something (let's hope I've not offended anyone).

I'm a David, which is of course about as unique as it gets. My grad department has about 25 people in it. Three have my name. The suck.
The phrase "we (I) (you) simply must---" designates something that need not be done. "That goes without saying" is a red warning. "Of course" means you had best check it yourself. These small-change cliches and others like them, when read correctly, are reliable channel markers.
Sobeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 10:33 AM   #19
lena

wolf moon, if your in a biting mood, me next! me next! Your right Willemina would be god awful. *shudders*

Oh god, this is so funny, xnguela, I named my daughter Caity......well actually its Caitlyn, but we call her Caity. Do you think shes going to hate me for it??? I about laughed my ass off over your post, bitching about your name. No offense to you ofcourse, just my sense of humor. I did even worse to my son and named him Justin. I just didnt want them to be picked on because they had wierd names.

Sobeh, My step dads name is david too.
Old 04-11-2006, 10:42 AM   #20
Wise Child

Quote:
wolf moon, if your in a biting mood, me next! me next! Your right Willemina would be god awful. *shudders*

Oh god, this is so funny, xnguela, I named my daughter Caity......well actually its Caitlyn, but we call her Caity. Do you think shes going to hate me for it??? I about laughed my ass off over your post, bitching about your name. No offense to you ofcourse, just my sense of humor. I did even worse to my son and named him Justin. I just didnt want them to be picked on because they had wierd names.

Sobeh, My step dads name is david too.
I love both of those names. Good call.

A dream is just a nightmare with lipstick ~ Toni Morrison
Wise Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 11:28 AM   #21
lena

xng, you didnt mention that you could also be nicknamed Kat. Or maybe you just hate that one. I picked Caitlyn because I liked that she would have to stretch to far to find a nick name she liked. As for popularity, unfortunately Caitlyn has been really popular. Stupid me for not checking that kind of thing out. But your right that Caity (or Katy, or Katie) are not as common as they used to be.

Thanks wise child.
Old 04-11-2006, 12:04 PM   #22
lena

I did the same thing in school, when i was little it was tina, or teeny, because little kids would pronouce it wrong, then it was Lee, (chopped right out of the middle) then I used Dawn, my middle name, In highschool I became Star.....I like that one best.
Old 04-11-2006, 12:20 PM   #23
angel011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xnguela
Hun, my name's Katy. You should feel freaking lucky to have a unique name. Sophomore year in high school I had a biology class with Katie R., Katy W. and Katie T.
I know the feeling, Xnguela. My name's Ivana, which is one of the most common names in Serbia, and in my class in elementary school there were four of us.
Old 04-11-2006, 02:30 PM   #24
Saya

Ah, the horror of having a common name. Mine is Megan, and there were five of us in my grade alone growing up. Apparently thats because there was a popular mini-series on tv in the late eighties with a character named Megan, and so my mother, among others, thought it was a cute name. People shouldn't look to TV for name ideas.

Anywho, Lena, you have a great name! And welcome to gnet!
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 03:15 PM   #25
lena

Thanks for the welcome Saya, I know what you know about your name, I had quite a few megans running around in my grade too.