Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 05-02-2016, 11:18 AM   #101
Saya

The bizarre thing is that most yarn we get in Canada is from Australia! Maybe they just process it all over here?
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 11:21 AM   #102
Acharis

That is weird. How do you go for choice?

I caved and bought 2 balls of nice sock yarn online, but think I'm going to have to make a lot of stashbusters to use the widely available mystery yarns.

There might be decent options I've overlooked in actual craft/yarn stores but getting there would require energy I don't have.
Acharis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 12:43 PM   #103
Saya

I'm guessing it's because Canada doesn't exactly have a booming wool industry? I don't use animal yarn but I do notice a significant price difference between synthetics and wool; not sure if I could afford to knit if I was one of those people who insisted on wool.

I get my sock yarn on the cheap from Michael's online.

Also, finally finished the cuff of that knee high sock. This is taking foooooooreveeeeeeeer.
Old 05-12-2016, 01:00 AM   #104
Acharis

Yes, it's pricey. I got two tiny 50g balls of superwash 4ply and am hoping it makes the socks very wearable.

Oh - toe up, so you've finished the sock? Or cuff down, so you've just started? I nearly died knitting thigh his
Old 05-12-2016, 11:30 AM   #105
Saya

Cuff down. There's 25 little cables in all on the cuff, all on sock weight yarn on size one needles...this is going to take a million years.

At least now I have bigger, fewer cables to work with?
Old 05-13-2016, 10:27 PM   #106
Acharis

Oh man, is that 2.25mm or smaller? I'm assuming you're talking American size 1.

Suddenly realising I've forgotten what size needles I'm using and wondering if I have any smaller for when I get to the cuff. (Toe up.) Ugh. It's nice wool but I'm feeling so bored and flat. I'm only through an inch or so of toe cap.