Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 03-03-2011, 05:13 AM   #51
Spookycreep

Thanks for the advice about looking through old threads. It will probably be more fun than talking to some of the people here.
As far as me holding my tongue, I think that's best. It takes two to agure, if they want to continue with the name calling and put-downs they'll do it by themselves. Fuck 'em.
Spookycreep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 06:41 AM   #52
Alan

Ayn Rand is not a feminist, shut the fuck up, Catch.
real classy
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 12:23 PM   #53
KissMeDeadly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spookycreep View Post
Thanks for the advice about looking through old threads. It will probably be more fun than talking to some of the people here.
As far as me holding my tongue, I think that's best. It takes two to agure, if they want to continue with the name calling and put-downs they'll do it by themselves. Fuck 'em.
Hahaha.

Oh, you and your shenanigans.

It's like calling somebody a douche and being offended when they call you something worse.
KissMeDeadly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 12:38 PM   #54
honeythorn

Quote:
Does anyone know what I'm talking about or am I seeing things that are not really there?

Seriously? Stop typing, throw Ayn Rand away, and fucking read this. It's a simple explanation, easy enough to read and has most of the basic information you need. Go down the left hand menu and read it all.

http://www.scathe.demon.co.uk/histgoth.htm
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 06:00 PM   #55
Catch

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeythorn View Post
Seriously? Stop typing, throw Ayn Rand away, and fucking read this. It's a simple explanation, easy enough to read and has most of the basic information you need. Go down the left hand menu and read it all.

Sounds like a Feminist To ME!!!
Old 03-03-2011, 06:01 PM   #56
Catch

Quote:
Everyone should have a good sense of humor, if they are going to enjoy the forum. Make bold statements relying on minimal substance. Everybody loves it!
Old 03-03-2011, 06:05 PM   #57
Solumina

And here we have the essence of Catch:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catch View Post
Make bold statements relying on minimal substance.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 06:56 AM   #58
Spookycreep

Quote:
Ayn Rand is a feminist..... so I don't know where that is going... maybe changing the subject?

I wonder what $hade said that was deleted. mmm

As for everything else, several people ask what Goth is on the site. There is a search bar to find similar topics by keyword. Use it. However, there is another troll, trolling their way around the boards who hates people going back to old threads.

Everyone here seems to over-react to everything. I am reading a book about anxiety. I already know how to treat it. Eat regularly. Try to get enough sleep. When feeling like in a dream or removed from everything take several deep breaths and think about connecting to the ground or chair you're sitting on to come out of it.
You think Any Rand was a feminist? I disagree. She never wrote on what are now called "women's issues." She was way beyond feminism. She was so secure in her right to exist as an individual that her gender as an obstacle to this was hardly a thought worth considering. If she had been asked if women and men are equal she'd have been more inclinded to answer: are women and men equal to me?
This little joke isn't far from the truth, she did go to crazy extremes at times but she's still my girl. Besides, idols are more fun when they're eccentric. (I also like Patton and G. Gordon Liddy_ both quite certifiable)
Old 03-04-2011, 07:20 AM   #59
Spookycreep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
I am not saying this merely to be antagonistic. I am dead serious.

We hate Ayn Rand. Stay away from her. She's a pseudophilosophical bitch that just tried to rip off Nietzsche to feel special. Not only was she hypocritical of the things she preached, but the message in itself is deadly harmful.
If you feel the Fountainhead is your favorite book, then start looking for a better book.
Your thoughts on Ms. Rand are noted and I respect your right to think your own thoughts but you'll never convince me that she's lame. I have lived the ideas she wrote about. She helped me to make sense of the extreme hardship I encoutered in my late teens and gave me a weapon to fight back with. I would say that her ideas are only "deadly harmful" to those who try to get away with the bullshit of telling you your life is not your own.
Also, her philosophy does what all real philosophy is suppose to do: make a difference.
_ and yeah, she did have a Shadow_who doesn't? But she didn't go insane so she couldn't have taken that much from Nietzsche. She wrote some where that, at first she thought she had found an ally in him but his irrationalism was horror to her. (I, however do like Nietzsche, especially his irrationalism. I disagree with Rand on this point. Exsitence isn't rational)
Old 03-04-2011, 07:24 AM   #60
Alan

Ayn Rand said women shouldn't be president, said that only men could understand romance, glorified r.ape AND glorified a serial killer, and made her followers smoke because cancer is a communist myth.
Stay away from her.
real classy
Old 03-04-2011, 07:45 AM   #61
Spookycreep

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeythorn View Post

Thank you for the website. I glanced at it and added to my list of favorites so I can check it out further. I really want to learn about this subculture so your advice is a Goddess-send to me (and with a lovely name too, I might add). As for your comments about Rand: NOT GONNA HAPPEN.
Old 03-04-2011, 07:53 AM   #62
Spookycreep

Quote:
Everyone should have a good sense of humor, if they are going to enjoy the forum. Make bold statements relying on minimal substance. Everybody loves it!
Amen sister.
Old 03-04-2011, 07:56 AM   #63
Spookycreep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KissMeDeadly View Post
Hahaha.

Oh, you and your shenanigans.

It's like calling somebody a douche and being offended when they call you something worse.
My shenanigans. I like that. I'm not really sure what the rest is in reference to. I'm trying to be nice!
Old 03-04-2011, 08:21 AM   #64
Spookycreep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
Ayn Rand said women shouldn't be president, said that only men could understand romance, glorified r.ape AND glorified a serial killer, and made her followers smoke because cancer is a communist myth.
Stay away from her.
You might not like Any Rand but I'm thinking you do know her.
Old 03-04-2011, 08:36 AM   #65
Alan

I know her all too well. Why do you think I'm telling you to stay away from her? I've studied her well enough to know that her philosophy is the most misanthropic, unrealistic, inhuman, and dangerous.
Fascism ain't got shit against objectivism.
real classy
Old 03-08-2011, 06:57 AM   #66
Spookycreep

Baby bat sneak attack:

One of my favorite halloweens happened when I was in elementry school and the family lived in the mid-west (military brat).
On the day of halloween_ which was a school day_ all the kids were told to bring their costumes to school, but not to wear them. For the first half of the day it was school as usual but after lunch, school officially ended for the day.
The rest of the afternoon was spent with each class taking turns, putting on their costumes and parading through out all the other classes showing them off. It wa a lot of fun. I wasn't a Satanist then but I had this neat, red-faced, rubber devil mask that I was quite fond of (always been a weird kid).

Goth...is like that day. Even the names are halloween masks.
Old 03-10-2011, 09:32 AM   #67
Catch

Yes, I remember going to a movie and while waiting for it to begin we trick-or-treated one house. They looked at us like we are idiots.
Old 03-10-2011, 09:57 AM   #68
Ben Lahnger

Damn. The biggest problem with having a global village is all the global village idiots show up.

Spookycreep - this is the advanced level for Goths, not an introductory site. You're like a second grade kid who stumbled into the tenth grade and tried to postulate some theory to the class. You take offense when you are laughed at and insulted, but you deserve every minute of it.

1) Speak less and listen more.

2) When you do type, format your paragraphs with breaks ... make your text easier to read.

3) Don't assume you know much that anyone here doesn't know (and probably knows better than you), because you will be WRONG most of the time.

Seriously, work on that paragraph formatting. My opinion of people who don't make an effort to make their posts easily readable is that they care more about showing off some style than whether others can easily read their statements. And if they don't care about me enough to make their comments easy to read, why should I give a fuck about them? So I largely ignore and skip through their posts.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 10:18 AM   #69
Catch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger View Post
Damn. The biggest problem with having a global village is all the global village idiots show up.

Spookycreep - this is the advanced level for Goths, not an introductory site. You're like a second grade kid who stumbled into the tenth grade and tried to postulate some theory to the class. You take offense when you are laughed at and insulted, but you deserve every minute of it.

1) Speak less and listen more.

2) When you do type, format your paragraphs with breaks ... make your text easier to read.

3) Don't assume you know much that anyone here doesn't know (and probably knows better than you), because you will be WRONG most of the time.

Seriously, work on that paragraph formatting. My opinion of people who don't make an effort to make their posts easily readable is that they care more about showing off some style than whether others can easily read their statements. And if they don't care about me enough to make their comments easy to read, why should I give a fuck about them? So I largely ignore and skip through their posts.
I make grammer and spelling errors all the time along with other people. You're the only one with that stick up your butt.
Old 03-10-2011, 10:25 AM   #70
PortraitOfSanity

Ayn Rand is full of shit, and I'm not at all surprised that Catch likes her...

I don't hate you. Saying I hate you would be like saying I hate a dog with no legs trying to cross a busy freeway.
-Mr. Filth
PortraitOfSanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 05:48 PM   #71
$haDe

Quote:

I wonder what $hade said that was deleted. mmm
The only feministic (not sure if that's a word) thing I've ever said here was

Quote:
Originally Posted by $haDe
I can't help being more feminine than you
..toward one of the bitch, during the flame war around 2 years ago.

good goth, did I just quote myself.... that's lame.

EDIT : If you meant in this thread days ago, I believe I said Spookycreep is the one going around the forum and reply with "As a black goth" ...in every posts. He can't blame people for pointing that out against him.

..and I said we have lots of black members, he's not the black goth.. he is "A" black goth.