Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 03-21-2011, 09:30 AM   #1
Onyx_Rose

Piercing

Okay, the thing is my dad forbides me from having piercings (besides one in each ear) because he says it looks untidy and if I wanna do that shit, I have to wait 'til I'm out of his house.

My problem is that I want a lip ring so bad as well as a tattoo but I can't get them. And when I tell people this, they tell me it's just a phase and I'll get over it and that maybe once I've done my research, I won't want it anymore. So I did my research, and...NOW I WANT IT MORE THAN EVER

So...should I get it or not???
P.S. My dad said he'll kick me out the house if I ever pierced and/or I got a tattoo...
that can't happen, I'm just a kid...
Onyx_Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 10:18 AM   #2
Expecto Sherlock

Believe it or not, some things are worth waiting for.

And, believe it or not, there are ways to kick minors out of the house.

You want it more than ever because he said you couldn't have it? Re-evaluate the motive.
Expecto Sherlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 10:34 AM   #3
Onyx_Rose

Frig!!! I hate it when people post reasonable replys to my threads...

And if I wait for it...it's not gonna be the same, it's going to be going against the whole teenage-rebellious-tantrum thing...and somethings I think I'd rather prefer looking back at this time of my life and saying "I'm happy my parents let me make that stupid mistake, now I trust in their judgement a lot *thumbs up*". This way the lesson sticks and I know not to screw with the 'rentals
Old 03-21-2011, 11:26 AM   #4
Expecto Sherlock

So, you want them to let you get it so you can make the mistake and hate it and look back on it with disgust?

...you can't do that as an "adult"?
Old 03-21-2011, 12:35 PM   #5
Onyx_Rose

Not in disgust, more like in appreciation. And I can't do that as an adult 'cause...I'll be an adult. And when you're an adult your accountable for your own actions and when you're my age you have the excuse of having a brain that's still kinda messed up because of the "wires" that haven't been connected yet.
Old 03-21-2011, 01:05 PM   #6
Expecto Sherlock

So, you want to do it to make mistakes when you're a kid, instead of when you're an adult?

Because then you'll "actually" have to deal with the consequences of it?
Old 03-21-2011, 01:07 PM   #7
Onyx_Rose

Yeah...pretty much...
Old 03-21-2011, 02:59 PM   #8
Expecto Sherlock

Ah.

What would happen if you "made a mistake while you're a kid" and your parents inflicted consequences of it?
Old 03-21-2011, 04:25 PM   #9
CarrionCorpse

Just wait until you are old enough, Expecto is right.
You might decide that you don't want it anymore or that you want something else anyways.
CarrionCorpse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 09:16 AM   #10
MissCheyenne

Teenage rebellion don't mean shit young one. Seriously, it might seem like the best idea in the world right now but you have plenty of time yet to make mistakes, look like a twat and generally make a fool of yourself. Find other, perhaps more creative ways to express yourself. DIY your clothes, decorate your shoes, bags, make jewelery, whatever. If you still desperately want that piercing and/or tattoo when you're old enough to make the choice to get them yourself, it'll make you much happier than doing it because it seems like a cool way to rebel right now.

I am your slice of pie
MissCheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 09:21 AM   #11
Onyx_Rose

Thanks guys for your advice and opinions *huggles*
Old 03-22-2011, 10:54 AM   #12
Mr.Doobie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expecto Sherlock View Post
So, you want them to let you get it so you can make the mistake and hate it and look back on it with disgust?

...you can't do that as an "adult"?
You know what? Fuck this guy, don't listen to him. Y'know why? Because even when you get older, you'll have people telling you that you're just going to make a mistake and that you're not thinking clearly and shit. Don't listen to those people. If you genuinely want to get a piercing, than you have to ignore all the hataz, tell yourself fuck it, and go get it.

I've had my lip pierced for about two years now, I'm a young adult out on my own, and people are still asking me if I regret my piercing, or if it was some teenage mistake, or "Oh you're so handsome why would you do that to yourself?"

What it really comes down to is - "is this something I really want?"

At this point, with daddy saying "no", you're probably going to have to hold off until you're out on your own. You could try having an open and frank discussion with your dad, but that's not guaranteed to work. You live in his house, you're going to have to live by his rules. Sadly for you, that's just how childhood works. I'm not going to tell you "YEAH! FUCK THE SYSTEM! GET THE PIERCING! ANARKY IN TEH UK! YEAAAAAAAH!" because getting thrown out of the house over a hole in your lip is retarded and it's not worth it.

Once you've gotten to the point that you're able to get a piercing, you've done your research, become informed, you have the money, and you have a piercer you trust enough to let him/her stick a needle in you, go ahead and get it. Don't let anyone stop you.

Mistake? If you ever come to a point where you regret the piercing just take it out.
Mr.Doobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 11:04 AM   #13
CarrionCorpse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Doobie View Post
You know what? Fuck this guy, don't listen to him. Y'know why? Because even when you get older, you'll have people telling you that you're just going to make a mistake and that you're not thinking clearly and shit. Don't listen to those people. If you genuinely want to get a piercing, than you have to ignore all the hataz, tell yourself fuck it, and go get it.

I've had my lip pierced for about two years now, I'm a young adult out on my own, and people are still asking me if I regret my piercing, or if it was some teenage mistake, or "Oh you're so handsome why would you do that to yourself?"

What it really comes down to is - "is this something I really want?"

At this point, with daddy saying "no", you're probably going to have to hold off until you're out on your own. You could try having an open and frank discussion with your dad, but that's not guaranteed to work. You live in his house, you're going to have to live by his rules. Sadly for you, that's just how childhood works. I'm not going to tell you "YEAH! FUCK THE SYSTEM! GET THE PIERCING! ANARKY IN TEH UK! YEAAAAAAAH!" because getting thrown out of the house over a hole in your lip is retarded and it's not worth it.

Once you've gotten to the point that you're able to get a piercing, you've done your research, become informed, you have the money, and you have a piercer you trust enough to let him/her stick a needle in you, go ahead and get it. Don't let anyone stop you.

Mistake? If you ever come to a point where you regret the piercing just take it out.
Actually, I agree. With the amount of piercings I have/had people always ask why I got them, and what purpose they serve, if I regret them...
I just think you should wait until there isn't a chance you'll get kicked out over something so stupid.
Maybe try talking to him about another piercing, like another ear one or something, and work your way to a lip piercing.
Old 03-22-2011, 11:25 AM   #14
Expecto Sherlock

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u...0GIFs/wave.gif

Ohai.

I didn't mean "don't get it because you'll regret it," just "you don't have to get it now just because it's cool to get it when you're a minor." Kids freak out a bit too much over "but I want it NOOOOOOOW" when it's actually much less hassle to wait.

I like lip rings, personally. Get one. /shrug

Just choose your battles.
Old 03-22-2011, 11:34 AM   #15
CarrionCorpse

Quote:
http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u...0GIFs/wave.gif

Ohai.

I didn't mean "don't get it because you'll regret it," just "you don't have to get it now just because it's cool to get it when you're a minor." Kids freak out a bit too much over "but I want it NOOOOOOOW" when it's actually much less hassle to wait.

I like lip rings, personally. Get one. /shrug

Just choose your battles.
I wasn't disagreeing with you, just also agreeing with some of what he said. Just to make things clear:3
Old 03-22-2011, 11:36 AM   #16
Expecto Sherlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrionCorpse View Post
I wasn't disagreeing with you, just also agreeing with some of what he said. Just to make things clear:3
Ah. Clarified.

The previous post just started out with an "eff this guy," and my first thought was

"aaaaaalrighty then..."

just thought I would clarify, myself.
Old 03-22-2011, 12:16 PM   #17
CarrionCorpse

Quote:
Ah. Clarified.

The previous post just started out with an "eff this guy," and my first thought was

"aaaaaalrighty then..."

just thought I would clarify, myself.
I know, I realised I had quoted that as well after I already posted it.
Nope! Not fuck you.
Haha
Old 03-22-2011, 06:41 PM   #18
Pineapple_Juice

Piercings are for gays.
Old 03-23-2011, 06:52 AM   #19
Onyx_Rose

*gasp* I'm offended...
Old 03-23-2011, 07:25 AM   #20
Nightwalker39

Look, it is best that you wait till you are old enough to see if you really want it or not. But if you are so set in getting the piercing that you HAVE to have it, you can get a small enough piercing in your lip that your father will not be able to see the hole.
Nightwalker39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 07:29 AM   #21
ape descendant

Wait, save up lots and lots of money so that you can get a totally awesome kick ass tattoo... really good ones are expensive, and you might as well check out different places for things like cleanliness, find out how they sterilize their equipment, get to know the artists. Same goes for piercing, I mean really, it can't be all that much of a wait.

You could treat it as more of a rite of passage than merely something to acquire.

And please for the sake of mankind, don't get a tweety-bird tattoo... *shudders*

Be Kind
ape descendant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 07:29 AM   #22
Expecto Sherlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightwalker39 View Post
Look, it is best that you wait till you are old enough to see if you really want it or not. But if you are so set in getting the piercing that you HAVE to have it, you can get a small enough piercing in your lip that your father will not be able to see the hole.
But the piercing schedule demands he keep a stud or ring in for a few days, at the least. And, though retainers are less noticeable, they definitely show in close proximity.
Old 03-23-2011, 07:39 AM   #23
Onyx_Rose

Quote:
But the piercing schedule demands he keep a stud or ring in for a few days, at the least. And, though retainers are less noticeable, they definitely show in close proximity.
I'm a she! Unless you were using the pronoun 'he' as a general term....then that's fine XD
Old 03-23-2011, 07:40 AM   #24
Nightwalker39

Quote:
Keep your distance, and as for the few days...stay the weekend with a friend and get it pierced then.
Nightwalker39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 07:47 AM   #25
Expecto Sherlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onyx_Rose View Post
I'm a she! Unless you were using the pronoun 'he' as a general term....then that's fine XD
Sorry about that.

General term...yeeees >_>

I don't like to assume someone a girl (especially when I don't pay attention to realize they ARE) so I tend to use "he" more.