Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

Old 08-27-2009, 04:40 PM   #1
DemiGoth

Teen with chainsaw, sword, and explosives

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2009/08...in;contentBody

SAN MATEO, Calif. (AP) A 17-year-old boy accused of detonating two pipe bombs at a Northern California high school while armed with a chain saw, sword and explosives appeared in court Wednesday on charges of trying to murder two faculty members.

Alexander Robert Youshock, a former student at Hillsdale High School in San Mateo, did not enter a plea to charges that included exploding or attempting to explode bombs in a school to terrorize others and possession of dangerous weapons — the sword and chain saw.

No one was injured in the attack, which quickly ended when faculty members wrestled the attacker to the ground. Prosecutors said they would try Youshock as an adult for Monday's attack.

"He planned this elaborately," said Deputy District Attorney Karen Guidotti, adding that Youshock could spend the rest of his life in prison if convicted of the attempted murder charges.

The prosecutor declined to discuss why Youshock allegedly wanted to kill security aide Jana Torres and chemistry teacher Meghan Spalding.

"We believe he had intent to harm them," Guidotti said. "We believe they were intended targets."

Police Chief Susan Manheimer has said investigators believe Youshock planned to carry out a "cold-blooded plot of execution" on students and teachers because he was angry with the school administration.

Principal Jeff Gilbert said Youshock hadn't been a student at the school for more than a year.

Guidotti said Youshock was being prosecuted as an adult because of the serious nature of the alleged crimes and because he was about eight months from his 18th birthday.

Youshock appeared in a packed courtroom with his parents and sister in the front row. He stood behind a thick glass partition wearing a lime-green T-shirt with his right arm heavily bandaged.

(AP Photo/Paul Sakuma)Photo: Alex Youshock appears behind bullet proof glass for his arraignment in a Redwood City, Calif., courtroom, Aug. 26, 2009.

Guidotti believed he was injured when he was wrestled down by faculty members at the school.

San Mateo Superior Court Judge Mark Forcum granted the prosecutor's request that Youshock be held in Juvenile Hall without bail until his next court date on Sept. 3.

Meanwhile, classes resumed at the school for the first time since Monday's incident.

Students and staff members participated an assembly where those who took down the attacker received a standing ovation.

The morning was spent discussing the incident, with classes resuming in the afternoon. Counselors also talked to individual students.

"They're trying to get back to normal," said Kirk Black, associate superintendent for the San Mateo Union High School District. "I think everybody is really coming together. They're relieved that no one was hurt and that school is back in session."

From what this article says, this kid had a really crappy plan.
DemiGoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 05:02 PM   #2
vae victus

The only thing I can think of the "Who tries to fight a guy with a chainsaw??" Those people deserve an award.
vae victus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 05:27 PM   #3
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
You see this is what is wrong with America today. We live in a country where anyone can just go to a hardware store and buy powertools. Now I've heard the debates from people who say "well just because some people misuse power tools doesnt mean we need to ban them", and the even crazier people who say "well even if we try banning powertools criminals will still be able to buy them illegally while our citizens are left defenseless". It's just like rope, everyday you can see kids playing in their homes with rope just lying around, not locked up like it should be, I do not want to live in a neighborhood with people "hanging" around playing with rope.

heh sorry about that, I was bored after looking through all the new stuff on the onion.

But yeah the teachers deserve a reward.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 05:47 PM   #4
DemiGoth

Quote:
Originally Posted by vae victus View Post
The only thing I can think of the "Who tries to fight a guy with a chainsaw??" Those people deserve an award.
LOL, definately, he also had the explosives and the sword so he probably couldve ignited them (to the people who tackled him's knowledge.). Definately worth a bravery award of somekind.
Old 08-27-2009, 06:29 PM   #5
Malice In Wonderland

I saw, chainsaw and thought, "didn't Jack just buy a chainsaw..."

"One mohawk wasn't enough to keep up with how badass he is so he had to get two." - Haunted House, about me, YEAH, ME!

Terror Nuclear,Terror Nuclear
Malice In Wonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 06:56 PM   #6
ShadowxMakerZ

smart move, walk in a school equipped with a machete, chainsaw and some bombs and walk in through the front door expecting people to be afraid of you and not expect to be attacked OR shot? Awesome plan...

It went so well that he didn't even get to turn on the damned chainsaw of doom...
ShadowxMakerZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 07:00 PM   #7
Renatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowxMakerZ View Post

It went so well that he didn't even get to turn on the damned chainsaw of doom...
Where did you read that?

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Old 08-27-2009, 07:04 PM   #8
Ophelia's Snorkel

With a name like "Youshock", how else could it be?

It sounds kind of like "the poor and deranged man's YouTube".
Ophelia's Snorkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 09:06 AM   #9
DemiGoth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowxMakerZ View Post
smart move, walk in a school equipped with a machete, chainsaw and some bombs and walk in through the front door expecting people to be afraid of you and not expect to be attacked OR shot? Awesome plan...

That's exactly what I was thinking.
Old 08-28-2009, 09:13 AM   #10
Duane

Is the guy related to DMW?
Duane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 09:22 AM   #11
the-nihilist

Where the hell did he get a sword? Ebay?
Old 08-28-2009, 09:33 AM   #12
Still Jack

Man, I have a chainsaw, a sword, and I know how to make pipe-bombs, I could be as lame as this kid, or I could stick to the attractive alternative of sitting on my arse, harassing people on the internet....
Still Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 06:56 PM   #13
DemiGoth

Quote:
Originally Posted by the-nihilist View Post
Where the hell did he get a sword? Ebay?
I was wondering the same thing...
Old 08-30-2009, 08:00 PM   #14
Solumina

Swords aren't hard to get, some places wont sell you one unless you are over 18 but that is only required in some places, plus the internet is full of sword shops. I wouldn't be surprised if it was just a dull showpiece that couldn't cut at all, but I guess he could still beat people with it.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 04:33 AM   #15
zerademark

Quote:
Only Zombies and Canadians can use chainsaws correctly...

This reminds me of an incident right here in Suriname where a suspended 10 year old walked in his school with a knife and murdered a 8 year old girl. Everyone was suprised how easily he got in the school.

Thank god this kid was stopped. Though...a sword I can understand, its light and easy to use. But a fucking Chainsaw? Heavy and - for most teens I think - uneasy to controll. And the bombs could have gotten him shot/
3 It is not "You and me", instead it is "Me and you". At the same time "M" is capitalized.
zerademark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 02:29 PM   #16
The Count

Reminds me of something that happened in South-Africa about a year ago.

http://www.iol.co.za/index.php?set_i...4408948C573654
The Count is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 03:13 PM   #17
Renatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerademark View Post
Thank god this kid was stopped. Though...a sword I can understand, its light and easy to use. But a fucking Chainsaw? Heavy and - for most teens I think - uneasy to controll. And the bombs could have gotten him shot/
Eh, idk, I've been around chainsaws my whole life, and other tools like it. I remember as a young child my grandfather and uncles cutting down old trees in the forest for firewood, and I've handled a chainsaw among other things several times. Though I really should remember this is California, considering how few trees there are there, and the average teenage intelligence, its a wonder he knew how to hold one without cutting his hands off. Then again, they never mentioned how many hands he had did they?

Old 09-06-2009, 11:05 PM   #18
ShadowxMakerZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renatus View Post
Eh, idk, I've been around chainsaws my whole life, and other tools like it. I remember as a young child my grandfather and uncles cutting down old trees in the forest for firewood, and I've handled a chainsaw among other things several times. Though I really should remember this is California, considering how few trees there are there, and the average teenage intelligence, its a wonder he knew how to hold one without cutting his hands off. Then again, they never mentioned how many hands he had did they?
Hmmm, 2 handling a chain saw
another with a grenade waiting to be released at any given moment,
and a fourth with a blade....

Interesting.
ShadowxMakerZ is offline   Reply With Quote