Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Politics

Politics "Under democracy, one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule -and both commonly succeed, and are right." -H.L. Menken

Old 05-08-2012, 02:59 PM   #1
Alan

Mexican elections

They're fucking bullshit!

real classy
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 09:52 PM   #2
Versus

Forgive my ignorance about politics.
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 10:31 AM   #3
AshleyO

You know what I try to do on the subways in New York all the time?

There's a lot of ads about different things in Spanish. So I sort of try to learn what the ads are saying so that I can better understand the language. It's almost like a very passive and interesting activity because I'm not just sitting down and trying to learn the language from a book. I try to see if I can understand what's being said.

Anyway. My activities on the subway isn't really working here because I don't understand the contexts of the papers.

"God always picks the strangest things to get angry about. Get an abortion or gay married and he'll aim a tornado right at you.

Rip off a million poor people and Wall street has no problems. " -Rebecca B
AshleyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 07:22 PM   #4
Alan

These are four different newspapers that say that PRI's candidate Enrique Peņa Nieto 'won' the presidential debate, the debate which was not even shown on the two major TV networks, networks in the pockets of the PRI.

Not only did Obrador show the corruption of Peņa Nieto and called on him on the fact that two of his friends have been charged with corruption and sent to prison while he is offered the candidacy of president instead, but also was attacked even by the other right wing candidates.

Every single poll conducted by the media puts Peņa Nieto at around 40 to 45% and Lopez Obrador at around 25% when an independent poll showed that the numbers are backwards if anything, and if you ask virtually everyone will say they're voting for Obrador.
The polls mean nothing, and the media has pretended Peņa Nieto is the future president of Mexico since last year.

Then again they might be right, seeing how Obrador won last time and they still committed electoral fraud and put Calderon as the president of Mexico; they're just going to commit electoral fraud again. Only this time it will be more cynical, more blatant, more obvious.

If Obrador doesn't win this time, democracy in Mexico is a lie, and we won't take it.
real classy
Old 05-10-2012, 05:53 AM   #5
Versus

I guess you watched it on a different network?
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 06:27 PM   #6
Alan

This is the shit I'm talking about
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012...?newsfeed=true
real classy
Old 06-07-2012, 09:23 PM   #7
Alan

And death threats are common among the EPN followers towards the left on the internet
http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...45256039_n.jpg
real classy
Old 06-08-2012, 05:20 AM   #8
MissCheyenne

If there's a clear bias within mainstream media, how do you find out the stuff you actually want to know? Are there alternative media sites making more neutral reports available to you or is it word of mouth that gets the information out?

I am your slice of pie
MissCheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 01:48 PM   #9
Alan

Alternative news sites and the newspaper Proceso. Also it's hard to explain across the cultural divide as in the United States any nutjob with internet access can write their bullshit ideas and pretend they're absolute truth, but in Mexico which is rife with insider information the people also learn how to propagate rumors and secret deals and distinguish the real ones from the false ones.

Now the Guardian has published the documents
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/inte...aims?fb=native

And an ex-collaborator of Carlos Loret claims that he confessed to everything
http://1001razonesantipri.com/2012/0...elevisa-audio/

Yet this doesn't mean much as most of Mexico still gets their information exclusively from Televisa and they haven't owned up to it.
real classy
Old 06-08-2012, 03:42 PM   #10
AshleyO

...Mother fucker!

Did you see what the news station said? Commitment isn't to the person, but to the best product.

What will sell?

It's not that it's immoral. It's that fucking products are in a sense AMORAL.

I just... I can't right now. That's a big ol' wad of bullshit.

"God always picks the strangest things to get angry about. Get an abortion or gay married and he'll aim a tornado right at you.

Rip off a million poor people and Wall street has no problems. " -Rebecca B
AshleyO is offline   Reply With Quote