Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 02-15-2008, 01:04 PM   #76
JCC

We could do with a philosophy board.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 01:19 PM   #77
Duane

I was thinking this when I first got here, but it would just lead to arguing. So, instead of a entire sub forum dedicated to religion, why not have an official religion thread in the General sub forum?
Duane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 01:22 PM   #78
Apathy's_Child

I want naked dancers to bring me drinks. Can we do that?

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 01:26 PM   #79
Duane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apathy's_Child
I want naked dancers to bring me drinks. Can we do that?
Only if I can get my feet, and back rubbed by hot, naked, blonde chicks with big boobs.
Duane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 12:08 PM   #80
ViolenT BeautY1

Yeah, a religion board would be cool.
Though, I'm not so sure about the art board. That's pretty much covered with the music and literature boards. And as i noticed, no one takes them very seriously.
ViolenT BeautY1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 12:09 PM   #81
ViolenT BeautY1

P.S.

i REallY HatE PEople whO DonT KnoW hOw To uSe thE ShifT keY.
ViolenT BeautY1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 06:54 AM   #82
Arkayem

Quote:
Originally Posted by clockworkcoffin
to jester and lapin: if the absense of completely perfect grammar vexes you so greatly, perhaps you should seek counseling. an obsession of that magnitude should not go uncared-for.
I just now read that and I lol'd.

Umm, why not have a religion board, and if someone hasn't mentioned this idea before, just combine the 2 'Religion & Politics' Boards...?
Arkayem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 08:50 AM   #83
YuriBR

I'm pro a philosophy board, an art board (though I do think we're OK with the current ones), but not a board fully dedicated to religion. How much is there to discuss, really? One big topic could do it.
YuriBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 07:49 PM   #84
bloomerbrigade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lapin
That's what the 'General' section is for. A religious board has no place here, and will cause nothing but senseless arguing and stupidity. We really don't need any more of that.

Also, please find your Shift key and your punctuation keys. There's this mark called a 'comma'. You have apparently never seen it.
I'm glad to know this; now I know where to refer such conversations instead of awkwardly trying to steer a post back to it's original topic. . .
bloomerbrigade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 12:30 AM   #85
bloomerbrigade

Sorry to double post -- I thought of something to add a few hours later.

I think a religion board would be good, but might I recommend calling it "Beliefs" instead of "Religion"? Why limit it to *only* religion? Discuss faeries, ghosts, aliens, or any other mystical/magical thing you might believe in, as well as religious beliefs [or lack of]. It sounds a lot better than just having a religious debate forum, in my opinion.
bloomerbrigade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 12:35 PM   #86
medbh4805

Quote:
Originally Posted by YuriBR
I'm pro a philosophy board, an art board (though I do think we're OK with the current ones), but not a board fully dedicated to religion. How much is there to discuss, really? One big topic could do it.
There is a lot to discuss on Religion. Read City of God. That'll give you something to discuss.
medbh4805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 11:30 AM   #87
LaBelleDameSansMerci

The nice thing about a whole religion board as opposed to a religion thread would be that one could have more than one thread going at the same time. If one person wants to discuss something about Islam, but someone else wants to address an issue with Hinduism, then it would be confusing to do so in the same thread. Multiple conversations, especially on a topic as wide as religion, can't all fit into one thread.

Same with art. I'd love a visual art board.
Like a tea-tray in the sky.

LaBelleDameSansMerci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 07:41 PM   #88
electrosexual

I like the idea. Religion is a big part of humanity, so why not have a board to discuss it?
electrosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 01:19 PM   #89
onyxprop

Quote:
That's what the 'General' section is for. A religious board has no place here, and will cause nothing but senseless arguing and stupidity. We really don't need any more of that.

Also, please find your Shift key and your punctuation keys. There's this mark called a 'comma'. You have apparently never seen it.
Quote:
On Writing, there are some really good books out there that teach you the fundamentals (if you slept through grade school) of writing, and I suggest picking up at least one of those up and reading the preface before posting your original work. We all, all of us, love a good yarn (especially of the macabre flavor) and really appreciate it when correct grammar and punctuation is used.

It’s. Not. That. Fucking. Hard. Really.

DO NOT harass, stalk, or otherwise annoy any of the other posters.

If you feel you have the right to make an ass of yourself, we have the right to make fun of you.

If you want to whine about how miserable your life is, there is a section just for that. It's called, amazingly enough, "Whining". If the reason you're whining is bullshit, though, we, again, reserve the right to make fun of you.
jesus fuckin christ.

I undersand everyone has a right to their opinion, but I've been reading posts made by some members (mostly the staff) and there are a lot of bloody rude comments in here especially in the Introductory threads. You act as if we're stupid or something, and that we must take off our shoes before entering a house that has floors that are already filthy! You created a forum for us to R-E-L-A-X in but why give us tons of rules of don't DO this or ELSE! Say THIS and get your balls or clit chopped off! If we have to walk on broken glass everytime we log-in then this place is not worth returning to. There are many other Gothic Forums out there willing to take in another newbie. I'm not asking for an apology. I just noticed the behaviour that's all when I go a read the archives.

What right do I have to bitch? Well, I've got a few friends who are into the Goth scene and recommended I go a visit a few sites because there are a lot of friendly communities out there more than willing to share, but all I've found here is the opposite. I have to admit that this place ranks an 8. 1 being the friendliest! 10 being just downright rude!

Say what you want (i know you want to and will *sighs* *rolls eyes*) but I just had to point that out. It's a shame really because this board has potential-

Sorry, guys.

...awaits the terrible BOMBARDMENT!!!!!!!!
onyxprop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 01:49 PM   #90
Godslayer Jillian

What staff? There's no staff.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 02:07 PM   #91
JCC

There's no fucking rules here, that's why it's amazing. This forum is anarchic in practice, either you toughen up and learn to have a good time or people will crush you like a bug.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 01:41 PM   #92
onyxprop

You know that guy in your avvie is dead right?

Quote:
What staff? There's no staff.
then who's that chick with her ass up in the aire and that vampire burd?
Old 07-31-2008, 08:34 PM   #93
Ishan

Merging science with the spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_dragon_of_ice
We will do it when we get a science board...ok?
Dark Dragon of Ice - cool name. I believe there is room for both science and spirituality to work off each other. So here's a postulation many may not have considered: First, I am Pagan. I believe the four elements (metaphorically) are Earth, Air, Fire and Water. I believe the Universe was created by a Goddess. The Goddess (metaphor again) created the Universe to explore existence and life in all forms.

The Universe was born with the Big Bang - it will die with Entropy, and upon the final collapse of Entropy there will be another Big Bang. It is a cycle.

The four elements represent practicality, thought, action and emotion, respectively. All four elements are necessary for the manifestation of all things. If you look at the world about us, you will find 4 is ubiquitous.

There are four chromosomes to determine the basic sexuality of a fetus - all fetuses begin as a gender feminine.

There are four parts of an atom - the nucleus, the proton, electron and the quark. There are four subatomic particles - the strong and weak radioactive forces, the electromagnetic force and the gravity force.

The opposing thumb makes our four fingers useful. We have four extremities (most of us).

There are four inner planets and four outer planets (the International Astronomical Union reclassified Pluto a dwarf planet in '06 b/c it does not dominate its own orbit).

There are four seasons. There is a leap day every four years.

Now, with all of this evidence in front of us, if we take a scientific approach to discovering the spiritual nature of our existence, perhaps there can be a great hope for our survival as a species.

Oh well. Just a thought.
Ishan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 09:37 PM   #94
TheBloodEternity

I think the Politics board should just be edited to say Religion and Politics, and we should definitely have a visual Arts board.
TheBloodEternity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 09:47 PM   #95
PortraitOfSanity

I'd like a religion board. I find discussing religion weeds out the people I'd rather not talk to anyway since they let their emotions run in the way of a civilized discussion.
PortraitOfSanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 07:02 PM   #96
onyxprop

That's true. No one cares to discuss religion, but a lot of good debate comes of it.

Riots too.

can't wait...
Old 08-01-2008, 07:34 PM   #97
MollyMac

Religion?

Bored.
Old 08-02-2008, 01:52 AM   #98
Mir

[ ties you up and teases you with Popsicles and a Sunday mission ]
Mir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 08:08 AM   #99
MollyMac

flog me with the cat o'9 Chick Tracts, heathen!!!!!!!!
Old 08-02-2008, 09:55 PM   #100
Ishan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MollyMac
flog me with the cat o'9 Chick Tracts, heathen!!!!!!!!
uh ... flogging's good, m'kay.
Ishan is offline   Reply With Quote