Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 02-28-2007, 04:00 AM   #551
Wolfinlied

the slut population here on our main street at night is out of control too, and they walk around so pleased with themselves, it disgusts me that they could dress like that and do the things they do to be popular (you know what i mean) and come off still feeling good about themselves.

yuk.
Wolfinlied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 03:26 PM   #552
raggedyanne

How can they stand to look like brothel maids everyday? Why does the administration let them wear those clothes and practically sell themselves every lunch hour, while I got dragged in for wearing a pretty modest corset top?! I'd rather be a nun then be like them (no offense to any nuns lurking around)
At some point, you need to look yourself in the mirror and realize that what other people did to you does not define you as a person. You and your actions define who you are as a person. It's up to you to be a good person, in spite of all the evil you've faced. In fact, it should be because of the evil you see that it's good you do. Be the change you want in the world. Next time someone tells me that they're an asshole because they've had a bad life, I'm stabbing them in the eye with a spork.
raggedyanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 03:38 PM   #553
Underwater Ophelia

Just out of curiosity, did you mean "pretty modest" as in somewhat modest, or pretty and modest?
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 03:46 PM   #554
kimaru

There are only two goths at my school, We get some nasty comments and dirty looks sometimes but the teachers are usually okay. There is one teacher who thinks we've gone off the deep end and keeps trying to inspire us to change our lives into something good, she told us to " Enjoy the brighter side of life" . A few months ago she pretty much gave up but now and then she'll come up and say "Isn't it such a lovely sunny day! You should try to enjoy it!". It's almost funny sometimes...almost.
kimaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 04:02 PM   #555
Underwater Ophelia

Oh...that's obnoxious. I guess we can chalk it up to their misunderstanding, but I hate it when people equate goth and mental problems.
Old 02-28-2007, 07:16 PM   #556
Temptation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vyvian Blackthorne
Dearest Lord....Was my expirence perhaps the worst? As a forever goth since ten I'd just like to say the least that school was perhaps one of the worst of sodomy any person could ever endure. I first went to a shitty, bitch ass Catholic school were we had to wear these goddammned prep uniforms that I refused to wear. I came to school one day wearing a chained wallet, black skull T-Shirt and ripped arm fishnets with tight Victorian pants (odd mixture, eh?) and they threanted to call the police on me! This was a few days before Columbine, then after the incident my parents took me out of that school. But the public school was filled with these awful white trash kids who wanted to be black (a word to describe them will not be used here) who thought I worshipped the 'D'vil' and killed people. I asked them once why and they said, 'That's what gothic people do.' How disgraceful this awful prejudice was...sorry for my bitchiness. Finally now I am on my own I am accepted for being goth.
Awww, I'm sorry that happened to you Vyvian. If I were you, I would have worn a swastika arm band to school. See what people would have found of that. Guarentee that would have shut them up.
Temptation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 07:22 PM   #557
Mir

Goths in a shallow grave.. oh wait, I'm in the wrong thread.
Mir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 08:09 PM   #558
Mirazatha

My old highschool didn't care. Mainly because there were...4 or 5 goths, a top count of 8. And most of the rest were gangster/wigger types, who thought they were gangster, but were just dressed-up pasty-assed white guys smoking weed laced with god-only-knows what and skipping school 50-60% of the time. So they didn't really care about us. One guy who still goes there i could actually use to arm somewhere between 3 and 5 people effectively.
Mirazatha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 11:46 PM   #559
Wolfinlied

lol @ Ophelia. Thinking goths and mental illness are the same thing is a big problem round here the cops harrass and threaten goths around here that they will be taken to hospital and sedated for the way they look. They see that as solving a big crime problem, like we do it all or something. We were blamed when a church burned down when it turns out the person who did it was a goth and was actually a church attender who was angry at god. So now if we see the "fashion" police on our main street we have to hide because we either get thrown in hospital or kicked off the street for the night. They are trying to maintain a "crime free and clean community". Sorry if there are a few spelling errors, im half asleep.
Wolfinlied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 09:41 AM   #560
angelic mortician

Location: ye olde isle of man (that insignificant isle floating around in the irish sea)
i left school behind years ago, although i wouldn't mind going back there just to see how they react with things these days.
they were kinda tolerant at my school, but then again, i was barely in school towards the end.
fuck em, do what you want!
angelic mortician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 10:49 AM   #561
Panther

Location: The middle of nowhere, on the outskirts of the boonies.
I actually didn't have a problem in school. I was a thespian, so a certain amount of weird was expected.

Only thing that gave me trouble about my clothing was when they instituted uniforms. Even then, I rocked the khaki and white polo shirt as hard as it would rock.

I even had a fairly large following. . .after I started wearing things, like knee high socks, other people did too. It was flattering and scary at the same time.

At least in high school. You could not pay me enough to go back to the catholic school I attended for grade-middle school. Unless I went back a suicide bomber and wiped out the entire class I graduated with.
Will we stroll dreaming of the lost America of love
past blue automobiles in driveways, home to our silent
cottage?
-Allen Ginsberg, A Supermarket in California
Panther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 02:11 PM   #562
raggedyanne

Bow down to the wisdom of Panther. School sucks. period.

Except for gym. Who knew that the teacher was allergic to the perfume the preps were spraying everywhere. lol
At some point, you need to look yourself in the mirror and realize that what other people did to you does not define you as a person. You and your actions define who you are as a person. It's up to you to be a good person, in spite of all the evil you've faced. In fact, it should be because of the evil you see that it's good you do. Be the change you want in the world. Next time someone tells me that they're an asshole because they've had a bad life, I'm stabbing them in the eye with a spork.
Old 03-01-2007, 05:15 PM   #563
maggot

You could always wear skin-tight khakis and knee-high boots over them.

For the polo, all you gotta do is write shit on it. :P

HAH!

What was your solution?
Old 03-02-2007, 02:05 AM   #564
DecadentHeroine

We have a stupid uniform, with ties and chequered skirts and white shirts. I wear jeans instead of the skirt and get sent to see either the principal or the deputy. I got in trouble for wearing fishnets with the skirt as well.

Although when I wore knee-high leather boots with platforms and walked past the deputy's office, she giggled and said "Ooh, how exotic!"
DecadentHeroine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 08:00 AM   #565
Caught

I've got no problems with my way of dressing either, I get some weird looks or insulst from brainless people on the playground sometimes but most of the time it are just people i don't know and i'm qiote popular with my own grades and maybe thats because i'm the only goth from my grade. There's one more goth in my school but she's in her last year so next year I'll be the only one, surrounded by a lot of emos.
But further I can wear what I want, never had a complain.
Caught is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 12:34 PM   #566
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caught
I've got no problems with my way of dressing either, I get some weird looks or insulst from brainless people on the playground sometimes but most of the time it are just people i don't know and i'm qiote popular with my own grades and maybe thats because i'm the only goth from my grade. There's one more goth in my school but she's in her last year so next year I'll be the only one, surrounded by a lot of emos.
But further I can wear what I want, never had a complain.
On the playground?
Old 03-02-2007, 05:38 PM   #567
Caught

Wel maybe it's just my sloppy translation for the big place we have to go to after lunch and during breaks, were veryone meets everyone.
Caught is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 10:02 PM   #568
raggedyanne

today I wore a brocade trenchcoat and I glared at people and it was fun. I truly believe I have scarred the mind of my enlish teacher. Serves her right for asking me to explain why I wore what I did and how that contributed to my poetry.
Old 03-03-2007, 08:39 AM   #569
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by raggedyanne
today I wore a brocade trenchcoat and I glared at people and it was fun. I truly believe I have scarred the mind of my enlish teacher. Serves her right for asking me to explain why I wore what I did and how that contributed to my poetry.
I love brocade, what sort/style was it?
Old 03-03-2007, 07:16 PM   #570
raggedyanne

It was an 18th century style peacoat. Picture marius' coat in "Queen of the Damned", but matte burgendy with a velvet swirly/leaf pattern
Old 03-03-2007, 07:58 PM   #571
Valerius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caught
Wel maybe it's just my sloppy translation for the big place we have to go to after lunch and during breaks, were veryone meets everyone.
Didn't realise how young you are.

Here at my university (which is so Opus Dei) you aren't allowed to wear ripped jeans, or sleeveless shirts. Girls must wear a skirt that reaches below the knees and no plunging necklines. I once made a paper on it, calling it the 'School Dresscode (of Oppression)' and made the english teacher laugh.

When I wear my more gothier clothes I get the usual harsh stares from the ignorant preps and wanna-be gangsters every now and then, and sometimes I elicit some unwanted advice from a prof about my eyeliner or how I should go to the counselor over some imagined mental illness or depression.

Ah well, wouldn't have it any other way.

-Oscar Van den Boogaard, Dutch pacifist
Valerius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 10:17 PM   #572
Blindness is Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by raggedyanne
Except for gym. Who knew that the teacher was allergic to the perfume the preps were spraying everywhere. lol
Oh god speaking of perfume...
Our school lockers are full of TAG bodyspray....I can't stand the stuff, makes me gag.

Our school pretty much has no dress code, so as long as your boobs aren't literally hanging out of your shirt it's okay.
I once walked down a 10 ft. long hallway and counted 12 people wearing low-rise jeans, polos, and either uggs or birkinstocks...I burst out laughing, I bet they thought I had head trauma or something when I was young.
Blindness is Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 01:55 AM   #573
Lucretia_my_Reflection

Quote:
Originally Posted by DecadentHeroine
We have a stupid uniform, with ties and chequered skirts and white shirts. I wear jeans instead of the skirt and get sent to see either the principal or the deputy. I got in trouble for wearing fishnets with the skirt as well.

Although when I wore knee-high leather boots with platforms and walked past the deputy's office, she giggled and said "Ooh, how exotic!"

maybe she was getting of on it, i think she was
Lucretia_my_Reflection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 08:52 PM   #574
raggedyanne

If one more ignorant fool labels me as emo I'm going to grab his pencil and shove it so far up his ars he's going to be able to write through his nostrils.

sigh. yoga breathing. just breathe.
Old 03-05-2007, 07:34 AM   #575
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucretia_my_Reflection
maybe she was getting of on it, i think she was
Not only was that a stupid comment, but you spelled "off" incorrectly.