Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

Old 06-26-2012, 01:59 PM   #1
Despanan

Salvation Army: "Gays should be put to Death"

http://www.queerty.com/salvation-arm...#ixzz1yuPFQT4e

Quote:
Ryan: According to the Salvation Army, [gay people] deserve death. How do you respond to that, as part of your doctrine?

Craibe: Well, that’s a part of our belief system.

Ryan: So we should die.

Craibe: You know, we have an alignment to the Scriptures, but that’s our belief.

Ryan: I accept that you’re out there wanting to help people… I don’t accept that this sexuality that is part of my DNA is a choice. I also don’t accept the support of any religion in a financial sense, and this is what the gay community is up in arms about: that you’re proposing in your religious doctrine and the way that you train — this is part of your training of your soldiers — that because we’re gay, that we must die. If you go to Romans, book 1, 18-32, it’s all there, mate. I mean, how can you stand by that? How is that Christian?

Craibe: Well, well, because that is part of our Christian doctrine –

Ryan: But how is that Christian? Shouldn’t it be about love?

Craibe: Well, the love that we would show is about that: consideration for all human beings to come to know salvation…

Ryan Or die…

Craibe: Well, yes.
Here's the specific Bible Quote in question:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romans 1:18-32
For this reason God gave them up to degrading passions. Their women exchanged natural intercourse for unnatural, and in the same way also the men, giving up natural intercourse with women, were consumed with passion for one another. Men committed shameless acts with men and received in their own persons the due penalty for their error. . .

They know God’s decree, that those who practise such things deserve to die—yet they not only do them but even applaud others who practise them.
What a wonderful religion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger
I have chugged more than ten epic boners.
Despanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 02:30 PM   #2
Saya

When you consider that homosexuality was illegal in Ancient Rome, but pederasty and **** of slaves was legal and encouraged and "applauded", it makes it really awkward for churches.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 04:16 PM   #3
AshleyO

And? I'm really not surprised. Their scriptures are so loaded with hate speech, you'd choke on it if you even understood just a little bit of it.

Oh well. In other news, bigots are boycotting Oreos because they support gay rights.

So I've got a good idea. Let's get ALL the food companies to support gay rights. HOPEFULLY they'll just starve on their bigoted boycotting.

"God always picks the strangest things to get angry about. Get an abortion or gay married and he'll aim a tornado right at you.

Rip off a million poor people and Wall street has no problems. " -Rebecca B
AshleyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 04:18 PM   #4
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleyO View Post
And? I'm really not surprised. Their scriptures are so loaded with hate speech, you'd choke on it if you even understood just a little bit of it.
I know this is Salvation Army and not the Catholic Church, but hey what denomination isn't exempt from molestation scandals. My point is is that the New Testament verses they use to justify homophobia, if they read it in the original context and language, they'd put their own clergy to death, not consensual adults.
Old 06-26-2012, 10:58 PM   #5
Grausamkeit

When I worked at CVS I had customers that shopped there instead of Walgreens because Walgreens supports(or did, at the time) gay rights. I was shocked. For some reason I have a tendency to think of other people as more sane and rational than they are.

I was talking to a few co-workers last week who were saying they would beat their kids if they were gay because the bible says it's wrong. I asked them if it meant anything to them that their lord says in the new testament "ABOVE ALL ELSE to love your neighbors". They said no. I told them they might as well beat their kids if they find out that they're straight.

...I've been accused of folly by a fool. ~Antigone

Grausamkeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 11:42 PM   #6
AshleyO

You know...

Obviously, you have to take the moral high ground with such damaged people.

But there are days when I don't want to. There are days where I want to tell them, "You're an adult. You've had plenty of time to think about these things and you'd DECIDED on your own terms to embrace hate so all you're getting from me is hate right back."

Seriously... fuck them.

"God always picks the strangest things to get angry about. Get an abortion or gay married and he'll aim a tornado right at you.

Old 06-27-2012, 03:56 AM   #7
BourbonBoy

Quote:
You know...

But there are days when I don't want to. There are days where I want to tell them, "You're an adult. You've had plenty of time to think about these things and you'd DECIDED on your own terms to embrace hate so all you're getting from me is hate right back."

Seriously... fuck them.
^This.
Sometimes the amount of ignorance, homophobia, and hate carried out by people in the name of their faith has to be confronted regardless if someone might consider you rude for doing so.
BourbonBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 08:17 PM   #8
Grausamkeit

Quote:
You know...

Seriously... fuck them.
Moral high ground? Nah, I just tell them that 'beating the gay out of kids' and other such nonsense is why I quit believing in christianity. And if their 'god' hated gays then why does he create them?

I try not to lose my head at work. It's better to use their own logic against them.

...I've been accused of folly by a fool. ~Antigone

Grausamkeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 09:17 PM   #9
Saya

^ Honestly shutting down religious bigots in debates is actually the most practical application of my degree.

Now if only I could make money doing it.
Old 06-28-2012, 07:52 PM   #10
pothead

and do they not know we are not under the law but under grace,, but if we were under the law they would deserve to die, yet they kill themselves anyways with aids so I just say let them kill there selves
pothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 08:11 PM   #11
Saya

Lesbians are way less at risk for AIDs than straight couples. Clearly straights need to die and we all need to be lesbians. GOD HAS SPOKEN.
Old 06-28-2012, 11:58 PM   #12
CuckooTuli

Lol, the only thing more quease-inducing than the interview itself is that half-arsed "Love us, we're LIBRULLS!!" disclaimer they added to their FAQ aftterwards. "Uhhh... love and respect to all... every human life a gift... *some rambling shit to effect of "why y'all keep going on about butt-sex, clearly the author was referring to SPIRITUAL DEATH"*... All a huge misunderstanding... no human being without sin... apologise to the LGBT community for soundling like we want you to die when actually, we just wish you'd stop all this "gay" stuff... so, we cool now, guys? Guys?"

Also, I love it when people talk about aspects of their faith that make them uncomfortable as though they have nothing to do with them. "Look man, it's not me, it's the CHRISTIAN DOCTRINE". In that case, fuck you twice, for not even having your own individual reasons for being full of hate.
"Friends are allowed to make mistakes. The enemy is not allowed to make mistakes because his whole existence is a mistake, and we suffer from it. But the women's liberation front and gay liberation front are our friends, they are our potential allies, and we need as many allies as possible.” - Huey Newton
CuckooTuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 08:37 AM   #13
Versus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
^ Honestly shutting down religious bigots in debates is actually the most practical application of my degree.

Now if only I could make money doing it.
I will pay you to live with me. When I have a social gathering at my home, you can go to work.
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 08:52 AM   #14
AshleyO

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuckooTuli View Post
Lol, the only thing more quease-inducing than the interview itself is that half-arsed "Love us, we're LIBRULLS!!" disclaimer they added to their FAQ aftterwards. "Uhhh... love and respect to all... every human life a gift... *some rambling shit to effect of "why y'all keep going on about butt-sex, clearly the author was referring to SPIRITUAL DEATH"*... All a huge misunderstanding... no human being without sin... apologise to the LGBT community for soundling like we want you to die when actually, we just wish you'd stop all this "gay" stuff... so, we cool now, guys? Guys?"
I love that spiritual death bullshit excuse as if there's ever a such thing at all. Every time there's a real world criticism or fact that arises, they start baaing about "spiritual death" as if that's something that's important... but not as important or meaningful as real death. Spiritual death don't mean shit. They can shut all the fucks up about it now.

Quote:
Also, I love it when people talk about aspects of their faith that make them uncomfortable as though they have nothing to do with them. "Look man, it's not me, it's the CHRISTIAN DOCTRINE". In that case, fuck you twice, for not even having your own individual reasons for being full of hate.
HA! Moderate Christians. Fuck those spineless worms. At what point does faith in their god get so crazy, you have to draw a line so you're not a complete lunatic? Where in the bible did God say you had to be luke warm because if you weren't the secularists would think you're crazy? I don't think they're crazy. I think they're cowards. If you can say parts of your scripture aren't important or we've moved beyond something, then draw that line all the fucking way up to where it matters. If there's inconsistencies and problems in your holy books that don't make sense anymore, then perhaps you should give up on the whole Jesus myth and start being rational for a change. How long's it been now? ~2012 years? Yep. Any day now, god will come back.

Old 07-01-2012, 12:47 AM   #15
CIRQUEFREAK91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
Lesbians are way less at risk for AIDs than straight couples. Clearly straights need to die and we all need to be lesbians. GOD HAS SPOKEN.
!Let it be praised!
CIRQUEFREAK91 is offline   Reply With Quote