Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Shill

Shill Post your website announcements here. Anything that is blatantly SPAM (nigerian schemes, make money fast, etc) will be deleted. Actually, we'd probably keep the nigerian schemes around to make fun of it.

Old 11-24-2011, 05:00 PM   #601
pothead

Jesus is God manifested in human flesh
pothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 10:00 PM   #602
pothead

Jesus died to satisfy the wrath of God
Old 11-26-2011, 04:19 PM   #603
pothead

Jesus cares about you so much that he paid the price for your sin
Old 11-27-2011, 02:05 AM   #604
Darcnyss

*sigh*
pothead. Stop. Just...stop.
You are having quite the opposite effect on here from what I believe your initial intent was. You see, people like you are more likely to drive people away from your religion than converting people to it. Your lack of respect for other religions, belief systems and philosophies just adds to the annoyance that you bring here. You are an arrogant, closed minded religious nut who has no place in that small mind of yours for anything but your own twisted views.
If anything, you are detrimental to your religion, not an asset.
Old 11-27-2011, 10:08 PM   #605
pothead

I won't ever stop, I know I'm not making people turn away I know this
Old 11-28-2011, 05:01 AM   #606
Miss Absynthe

http://www.beyondavatars.com/data/th...ept_jesus1.gif
Miss Absynthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 07:08 PM   #607
Kasdeja

I remember that ad... forgot what site it's from, though.

Link if you have one, please, Ms A?

Props to Spooky Spencer for the 'shopped avatar!
If words could really hurt you, this forum would be one huge abbatoir.
Kasdeja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 07:55 PM   #608
Miss Absynthe

I just found it here - http://www.beyondavatars.com/data/th...ept_jesus1.gif
Old 11-28-2011, 08:00 PM   #609
Kasdeja

Thank you, sweetie!

Props to Spooky Spencer for the 'shopped avatar!
If words could really hurt you, this forum would be one huge abbatoir.
Kasdeja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 02:23 AM   #610
pothead

I am writing to proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ, the son of God. So will you accept the sacrifice Jesus made by giving up his life to save yours, so that if you believe that he died on the cross, and if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that he was rose from the dead on the third day by God the father, you will be saved. He did it all to offer you eternal life, and forgiveness of your sins, to pay off your sin debt. The debt that you owed God because of your sin that separates you from God that debt you could never pay off, that Jesus paid it in full having nailed it to the cross.

So will you receive the free gift of pardon from your sins, and accept the free gift of eternal life? Will you accept the free gifts by praying the sinners prayer ?
Now please if you want to go to heaven, and receive the free gifts please pray with me by using your mouth and speaking pray this with me. Please Pray ( dear Jesus I believe that you died on the Cross for my sins, I acknowledge that I am a sinner, and I know I can't save myself. I ask you to come into my heart, and save me, and forgive me of my sins. I confess that Jesus Christ is the Lord, I repent of my sin. I accept you as my Lord, and savior I call upon your name Lord Jesus amen) Remember Jesus loves you so much he died for you!!

Now if you prayed this prayer, said it out aloud, and believed in Jesus. you are saved, which means you are now a christian, and is going to heaven. Also remember you can't ever go to heaven by being a good person for the bible says there is none good, but one, and that is God. So will you pray the sinners prayer, and accept Jesus as your Lord, and Savior?????????????
Old 11-29-2011, 02:33 AM   #611
Miss Absynthe

But, will I get a free PS2?
Old 11-29-2011, 02:39 AM   #612
BlacKat

Ok, since it's late and I'm bored:

(1) What about people who used to believe in Jesus and then stopped believing. And don't give me that bullshit about how they never really believed.

(2) If your god is so concerned about people going to heaven, couldn't he do better than an ancient, contradictory anthology for spreading his message? Like maybe keep up the miracles? Or at least manage to appear to someone other than a few random peasants?

(3) Isn't hell rather overbearing for human sin anyway? It really only made sense on a medieval view of justice, where the severity of the crime was measured by the worth of the person it was committed against. Modern society has since rejected that concept. Hell seems rather the eternal equivalent of sending a 5 year old to jail for stealing a candy bar.

Could come up with more, but I'm gonna take a nap now.
BlacKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 09:01 PM   #613
pothead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Absynthe View Post
But, will I get a free PS2?
you get anything if you ask Jesus and believe you will recieve, and you will have it. so sure you get a free ps2 from Jesus... any more questions?
Old 11-29-2011, 09:17 PM   #614
pothead

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlacKat View Post
Ok, since it's late and I'm bored:

(1) What about people who used to believe in Jesus and then stopped believing. And don't give me that bullshit about how they never really believed.

(2) If your god is so concerned about people going to heaven, couldn't he do better than an ancient, contradictory anthology for spreading his message? Like maybe keep up the miracles? Or at least manage to appear to someone other than a few random peasants?

(3) Isn't hell rather overbearing for human sin anyway? It really only made sense on a medieval view of justice, where the severity of the crime was measured by the worth of the person it was committed against. Modern society has since rejected that concept. Hell seems rather the eternal equivalent of sending a 5 year old to jail for stealing a candy bar.

Could come up with more, but I'm gonna take a nap now.
well since salvation is eternal as described in hebrews 5:9 then someone who once believe if they believed to the saving of the soul would still be saved, those are the people who were on the rock, they sprung up quicckly, but stoped believing, and when persecution came they fell away, there is debates weither they would still be saved or not, but my denomination believes that if you have ever asked Jesus to save you then your always saved, thats once saved always saved.well one sin can send you to hell, and God isn't willing that any should perish and go to hell, but that all may come to repentance, and accept Jesus as their savior. And Jesus had to die on a cross to take away the penalty for your sin which is death, and 5 year olds don't go to hell because they are under the age of accountability. Also the only way you could get to go to heaven was to get your sin debt paid off, so Jesus who is God had to come down to earth to die for you in your place, so it was the only way you could br saved, and go to heaven ttthere is no better way, then laying down your life for another even if it is your enemy. An we were enemies of God before we came to him, so he died for us while we were yet enemies of him. Also Jesus never apeared to pesants after he accended to heaven. also miracles still happen today, and no hell is not overbearing for sin it is the price for sin, which is death
Old 11-29-2011, 09:19 PM   #615
Miss Absynthe

Quote:
Originally Posted by pothead View Post
you get anything if you ask Jesus and believe you will recieve, and you will have it. so sure you get a free ps2 from Jesus... any more questions?
Yes, what if the thing that I want is NOT to be saved? If I believe and ask for him to not save me, will he do that?
Old 11-29-2011, 10:22 PM   #616
pothead

Quote:
Yes, what if the thing that I want is NOT to be saved? If I believe and ask for him to not save me, will he do that?
he can't not save you if you ask him because salvation is eternal, and once u are saved you can't ever be lost, you have to ask yourself tho are you really in the faith, if the answer is no then you most likely wasn't saved, but then again you might have been. just examine yourself
Old 11-29-2011, 11:36 PM   #617
Miss Absynthe

So, if he can't not save me then there is something that Jesus isn't able to do, which means that he is not god.

Are you saying that Jesus is not god? Because I think that he'll be pissed at that.
Old 11-29-2011, 11:49 PM   #618
pothead

Quote:
So, if he can't not save me then there is something that Jesus isn't able to do, which means that he is not god.

Are you saying that Jesus is not god? Because I think that he'll be pissed at that.
no im not saying that and the bible says what God can do,and what he can't do, the bible says God can't lie, so if he promissed to saved you, then he took back the gift he gave you that would make him a lier, and since he isn't then it means he is God
Old 11-30-2011, 11:55 AM   #619
BlacKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by pothead View Post
Also Jesus never apeared to pesants after he accended to heaven. also miracles still happen today, and no hell is not overbearing for sin it is the price for sin, which is death
(1) when I mentioned "appearing to peasants" I was referring to the people listed as seeing him after the resurrection. The ones we have listed are essentially jewish peasants. Couldn't Jesus have appeared to, say, Pilate? Or some more important people?

(2) You didn't answer the question. I am well aware you believe that hell/death is the punishment for sin. What I am asking is why you believe this is a just punishment. From what I see, sending people to eternal hell for temporal sins is a massive overreaction to ignorance, and thus in and of itself an unjust act.
Old 11-30-2011, 12:04 PM   #620
wolf moon

Quote:
(1) when I mentioned "appearing to peasants" I was referring to the people listed as seeing him after the resurrection. The ones we have listed are essentially jewish peasants. Couldn't Jesus have appeared to, say, Pilate? Or some more important people?

(2) You didn't answer the question. I am well aware you believe that hell/death is the punishment for sin. What I am asking is why you believe this is a just punishment. From what I see, sending people to eternal hell for temporal sins is a massive overreaction to ignorance, and thus in and of itself an unjust act.
...you know he's a troll, right?
wolf moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 12:50 PM   #621
BlacKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf moon View Post
The grammar is entertaining.
Old 12-01-2011, 12:27 AM   #622
pothead

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf moon View Post
why do you think I'm a troll for? I'm ttelling you I'm not, and I think your a troll , you calling me a troll is inflamitory to me
Old 12-01-2011, 08:50 PM   #623
pothead

my grammar does need work
Old 12-02-2011, 09:32 AM   #624
Catch

Admit that trolls saved you and be saved yourselves.
Old 12-03-2011, 02:30 AM   #625
pothead

Quote:

well not all of the people who Jesus visited were peasants, and Jesus stayed on the earth for 40 days before he went to heaven, and he could have appeared to the higher ups but he didn't have no need to. Also I believe that death is a just punishment for sin, because thats how it started out, in the garden with adam and eve God told them if you eat of this tree you will die, and that curse was upon everyone that came from adam because we were all in adam, and because of our sin we deserve to die well anyone who is above the age of accountablility deserves the punishment for sin which is eternity in hell and seperation from God. also it's not God who sends you to hell you choose to go there by your free will for not accepting Jesus as savior, to save you from hell, what do you think you need a savior for.and sins are not temporal they are permanent if you don't have them forgiven. I believe it is Just because it breaks the la, and all law breakers need to be punished according to the law