Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 05-07-2009, 12:06 AM   #26
Mir

Congratulations on your engagement!
Mir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 12:34 AM   #27
ArchLich

It truly is a sad world when you cant share originality without worrying about someone claiming it as their own. However, think about it this way: The person whom rips you off probably only did so for lack of ability to produce something of similiar quality, or of any quality at all. Thus, making them a fraud in every aspect of the word. It should be taken as a compliment(hence the aformentioned quote: "imitation is the highest form of flattery").

As for the idea that you should never post/share publicly things which you dont want stolen, I agree with that. Of course its gunna piss you off if someone does, but its gunna happen, so before you share, you should remember that. Internet piracy is all too common within the last 10 years, do not make the mistake of thinking you are any different than the corporate giants sueing the world for stolen material.
ArchLich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 01:56 AM   #28
Solumina

Thanks Mir ^_^
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 02:09 AM   #29
Mir

You should ask him to come on here, so I can subject him to the Father vs. son-in-law grilling. The standard "you hurt her, and I'll break every bone in your body" routine. Teehee.
Mir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 11:19 AM   #30
Fae-wolf

Yeah, i hope you have a happy life together!
Fae-wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 11:26 AM   #31
Apathy's_Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanePain View Post
But answer me this: if an artist complains about someone stealing his art and style, is that ok? Because if it is, what is the difference? Fae created a design and some poetry that was her creation and people ripped it off. I think she deserves to be a little pissed, although I agree with Beneath The Shadows about imitation as flattery and all that.
No, I don't think it is okay. "All writing is plagiarism." I'm sure Fae's stuff was no more ground-breakingly original than the subsequent bastardizations it gave birth to. Anyway, we'd be missing some awesome works of art from the world if artists didn't reserve te right to rip one another off at will.

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 07:05 PM   #32
Beneath the Shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia View Post
It's not ok for it to seem like it matters.
I didn't say it was.

last.fm

Help my MiniCity grow
Help my MiniCity's industry
Beneath the Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 04:22 AM   #33
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanePain View Post
It isn't just you.

But answer me this: if an artist complains about someone stealing his art and style, is that ok? Because if it is, what is the difference? Fae created a design and some poetry that was her creation and people ripped it off. I think she deserves to be a little pissed, although I agree with Beneath The Shadows about imitation as flattery and all that.
Style=/=art.
Also, I dare her to show us a picture of herself in a style that isn't found in shopping malls 'round the world.
Seriously, you can't bitch that someone ripped off your ripped off style.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 06:43 AM   #34
KontanKarite

I'm more than certain her style isn't at all original.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 12:50 PM   #35
AngelikDemonik

Oh please, I have yet to see ONE PERSON grace this earth with "original style". Fuck all that.

http://www.myspace.com/dancemydarling

AIM: ThisIsntSybil
AngelikDemonik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 06:33 PM   #36
Pineapple_Juice

Well, my freshman year of college there was a nerdy kid who wore this floppy green and white striped fisherman's hat every single day no matter what. I say that's original.
Old 05-08-2009, 08:25 PM   #37
the-nihilist

Wow, what thing to whine about.
the-nihilist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 04:26 PM   #38
ArchLich

Quote:
Originally Posted by the-nihilist View Post
Wow, what thing to whine about.
Yes, why get ur panties in a wad just because you created something and someone stole it? Which also makes us question this: Why is shop lifting a crime? Just because you own it, doesnt mean it's yours, right? I mean fuck, your money doesnt matter! Fuck bill gates, just because he didnt "code" DOS, doesnt mean he shouldnt have it! What would the world be if people were allowed to make a profit from their creations? The seventh circle of HELL, that's what!

(I hope atleast 90% of you were able to see past the sarcasm and view the hilarious irony)

Last edited by ArchLich; 05-09-2009 at 04:28 PM. Reason: typos
Old 05-09-2009, 04:47 PM   #39
Godslayer Jillian

That's your exemplification of "hilarious"?

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 05:03 PM   #40
ArchLich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian View Post
That's your exemplification of "hilarious"?
Well, to be politically correct, I guess instead of flaming for actually having to ask "whai jooz tink dat wuz funy?", I guess I'll have to settle with just saying: I understand that we arent all mentally gifted enough to grasp common humor, you are special in your own way honey.
Old 05-09-2009, 05:10 PM   #41
the-nihilist

What if I did grasp it, and instead of making me laugh it made me roll my eyes?
the-nihilist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 05:34 PM   #42
ArchLich

Quote:
Originally Posted by the-nihilist View Post
What if I did grasp it, and instead of making me laugh it made me roll my eyes?
Well, since when someone roll's their eyes it generally means they either dont care or dont wanna hear it, then I'd have to say it means you either dont give 2 shits about the idea of ownership(in which case, can we set up a date when I can come raid your house?), or you commonly object to logic(in which case, you probably shouldnt be posting here).

On the other hand, you could simply be part of that "tough crowd" every comedian encounters at some point in their career.

Last edited by ArchLich; 05-09-2009 at 05:37 PM. Reason: love the typos
Old 05-09-2009, 05:52 PM   #43
Godslayer Jillian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchLich View Post
I understand that we arent all mentally gifted enough to grasp common humor, you are special in your own way honey.
Wow, seriously. You should be trying to get along with people here, but after saying something tediously stupid you recur to being a pathetic condescending fuck?
You won't last more than a week in here before leaving or completely sacrificing your dignity for the sake of trying and failing to bug someone, anyone, to validate the time you've wasted here.

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Old 05-09-2009, 06:57 PM   #44
ArchLich

Quote:
Wow, seriously. You should be trying to get along with people here, but after saying something tediously stupid you recur to being a pathetic condescending fuck?
You won't last more than a week in here before leaving or completely sacrificing your dignity for the sake of trying and failing to bug someone, anyone, to validate the time you've wasted here.
Awe, did I make u mad? Look asswipe, if you dont want negative responses to the fucktard bullshit u write in response to everything I post, then perhaps you should consider not taking a stab at my intelligence everytime you see a post from me.

We could be friends. I came to this forum in peace. You and several other people decided to greet me with hostility, thats your problem, not mine. I couldnt fucking care less about your feelings, so you can say whatever you want to me, 90% of the time I'm gunna just laugh at you, and 10% of the time I might actually feel like bothering myself with making a response.
Old 05-09-2009, 10:14 PM   #45
Godslayer Jillian

I'm sorry, but I can't be friends with someone who thinks reductio ad absurdum is a form of "hilarious irony"

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Old 05-09-2009, 11:23 PM   #46
DRM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchLich View Post
90% of the time I'm gunna just laugh at you, and 10% of the time I might actually feel like bothering myself with making a response.

Well gee your majesty, I'm so glad you desided to grace us with your presents. I mean you didn't sound pretentious or anything.
DRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 11:28 PM   #47
gothicusmaximus

All of ArchLich's posts are hilarious when you imagine the guy in his profile picture speaking them aloud.
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 11:39 PM   #48
Godslayer Jillian

I saw it once and it's actually why I feel bad when he fights. Doesn't seem like the type of guy that gets much slack in the world, I would hope he would have a place to fit at least here on the internet.
But then there's how he speaks, and the fact that he's a self professed "know-it-all"
so I figured, meh, fuck that, he's goingto have to learn the hard way not to be a socially inept douche.

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Old 05-10-2009, 01:52 AM   #49
Still Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelikDemonik View Post
Oh please, I have yet to see ONE PERSON grace this earth with "original style". Fuck all that.
The only person I know of who still has an original style is Jimmy Greco.
Still Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 05:15 AM   #50
ArchLich

Quote:
I'm sorry, but I can't be friends with someone who thinks reductio ad absurdum is a form of "hilarious irony"
It's ok, I think I can hold my tears back.