Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 07-04-2007, 04:48 AM   #1
Caught

Exam!

Well it's summer vacation and isn't everyone happy and celebrating and drunk and having sex etc etc.. Not for me! I got my grades last week and well they were absolutely great to be honest, no complains from anywhere altho there was one little problem; I passed maths so good this time but what about the rest of the year? Yes, I failed maths. But the teachers came with a great solution: why not do another exam? But then of the whole fucking year! Yes! Let's do that! Let's ruin her vacation after having a very bad year! Why not? I wouldn't have a clue...

I really did have a bad year, bad news here, bad news there.. Well this extra exam will just be another great memory, studying whole summer, love it!

Now, what am I looking for? Maybe a little support, maybe people in the same situation or maybe just something like: get over it!

Thank you.
Caught is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 05:31 AM   #2
Aaroneet

Well, I can only say that I didn't do too well in math this year either. Actually, my fourth quarter grades consisted of two A-s, two As, and a C- in math. So you're not alone on that one. As for the exam, don't sweat it, study, and do the best you can. That's really all anyone can ask of you.
Old 07-04-2007, 05:35 AM   #3
Valerius

Back in highschool I got four straight Ds for the subject of math for the whole year. But, I got scot-free after I wrote an empassioned appeal to the headmaster about summer and being able to march with my classmates. And right now I should be studying for an accounting test but I'm not. I probably will in a minute, but hey, who knows?

-Oscar Van den Boogaard, Dutch pacifist
Valerius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 08:27 AM   #4
Underwater Ophelia

Would you rather go to summer school?
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 10:14 AM   #5
Caught

We don't have summer school here, I have to study my whole year of maths all on my own unless I take a private teacher for maths which my parents insist on doing.

I'm in my 4th year, 2 years to go and I'm done with high school. Then I can co to university. I can redo my year if I fail this final exam but my parents only let me redo one year, if I fail again I'll have to study something else. The thing is I don't want to do something else, I got my future planned out what concerns school and I don't want to change those plans.
Caught is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 10:30 AM   #6
She_Is_My_Sin

That must suck. But at least you've found out early enough to prepare (or at least I assume from your post). Over here we get our exam results at the end of August. My friend had thrown all her exam resources & school stuff away during July & found out about a week & a bit before school started that she'd failed maths, would have to go to math classes during her free lessons & that the exam was at the end of September. She was really distraught about it all & from what you've written you feel a rather similar way.

All I can really say is that you've got a second chance & you should make the most of it, despite your frustration. I'm also sure you won't be using your whole summer to prepare (or will you?), so be sensible about revision & don't leave everything to last minute.

I don't know whether I've helped or not, but I hope it goes alright for you.
She_Is_My_Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 11:08 AM   #7
Underwater Ophelia

That sounds odd. I mean, just because it's not what I'm used to. Well, yeah, that's really a shame.
All I can say is, do a little at a time, don't wait to do it and then have to cram it in.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote