Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 06-10-2006, 08:04 PM   #1
Gothic Toast

Gothic Toast is here!

Hello, all. I recently (one or two weeks ago) officially "became" goth, so i did a google search for online gothic communities. Scince Goth.net aren't taking members, i went here (jk, I went here frist). I am a student (ya im 13) in 8th grade. I'm from a town nobody has ever heared of in california. My favorite author is Stephen King. Favorite films? MONTY PYTHON AND THE HOLY GRAIL! Music at my wedding: i'll cross that bridge when i com to it, same with my funeral. I want to never die, but if i do in a huge explosion. Casket: if all goes according to plan, i won't need one now will i? My favorite outfit: black pants and black sarcastic tee-shirt. The one thing i miss from being a little kid: NO FRICKEN' HOMEWORK! Favorite band: System of a Down (i LOVE their song "Question!". I have an elemantary/middle school education (duh). I joined because I'm the only goth in my entire county so I went here to meet fellow goths. Oh, and I'm a dude am in love with a beautiful girl that lives *pained expression* about 75 miles away so ya yo.

14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender?
Gothic Toast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 08:10 PM   #2
Phayte

I'm almost at a loss for words.

Please learn how to spell.

How exactly does one "become" goth?

Oh and uhh.. Hello there.
~William Shakespeare
Phayte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 09:14 PM   #3
Godslayer Jillian

People don't become goths, people are born goths. And I don't see why you would be one of my kind.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 10:34 PM   #4
Godslayer Jillian

Nah, it's not a stupid joke. It's just a stupid kid.

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Old 06-10-2006, 10:53 PM   #5
Emerald

Hello Gothic Toast, as you may have already gathered for many of us being "Goth" goes beyond just the point of choosing to wear a certain style of clothing. Just personally I spend more time in jeans, t-shirt and sneakers than I do in black velvet and studded collars. Besides your outer appearance, what is it about you that makes you "Goth"
Emerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 12:41 AM   #6
happy_dude

Location: I'm underneath the sink, now what do you think, living under my sink?
How does one become "officially" Goth? (Take note of the capital "G")
Is there a place where you fill out a quiz and they give you a certificate if you pass?
Old 06-11-2006, 01:24 AM   #7
Godslayer Jillian

No, you just have to have been born smart, creative, and a little twisted. It's kind of like being born a lefty.

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Old 06-11-2006, 01:50 AM   #8
happy_dude

Jillian: I didn't know people were born twisted I thought that was a natural side-effect of living in this world.

Alex: Must find that to see if I'm a Goth.
Old 06-11-2006, 07:29 AM   #9
Emerald

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy_dude
Goth? (Take note of the capital "G")
Oh sorry I have a terribly bad habit of mixing up capitilisations sometimes. I will try and be more aware of that in future
Emerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 08:56 AM   #10
nuksaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothic Toast
Scince Goth.net aren't taking members,
Really, or did you just get run out of that site.
Old 06-11-2006, 02:30 PM   #11
Vitriol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phayte
How exactly does one "become" goth?
lol, Apparantly by losing spelling and grammar ability.
Vitriol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 04:55 PM   #12
Falken

Gothic Toast

Please answer a few questions for me? hmm?

How does one become an offical goth? Let me know so I can get this put on my drivers license and use it on applications for work at my local Borders bookstore.

And where is this town that no one has ever "heared of in california"? I'm going to get my degree in Education soon and do not wish to teach in a school district that does not teach it's students basic spelling, grammar and punctuation by age 13. Thanks, it will help me narrow down any job offers...

Last edited by Falken; 06-11-2006 at 04:56 PM. Reason: The devil speaks to me and told me to edit this....
Falken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 07:59 PM   #13
happy_dude

Falken: wouldn't you want to be the one who revolutionises(sp?) their education system?
It would be a great deed to turn these kids into people capable of getting a well paying job.
Old 06-11-2006, 09:36 PM   #14
Falken

Quote:
Falken: wouldn't you want to be the one who revolutionises(sp?) their education system?
It would be a great deed to turn these kids into people capable of getting a well paying job.
Hmmm, I suppose... they're only paying the people that work at McDonald's here $9.50 an hour and that's only because after Katrina, the people that will settle for working at McDonald's has dropped considerably.

I guess it would be good for me to at least help him qualify for a job at The Gap.
Falken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 09:42 PM   #15
Malady

maybe he's hoping to put his supposed gothness on his job application
Malady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 10:28 PM   #16
aspendeath

Gothic toast? What is that? Is it really burnt? Is it made with some sort of Victorian toaster?
aspendeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 03:48 AM   #17
TheKorovaMilkbar

Quote:
Jillian: I didn't know people were born twisted I thought that was a natural side-effect of living in this world.

Alex: Must find that to see if I'm a Goth.
Fuck. Here's a direct quote from "Goth with a Sledgehammer"

"What is Goth?

Ignoring historical references to European barbarian tribes and, architectural, literal and art styles, Goth is a subculture. It started in the late 1970's both in Europe AND the United States OUTSIDE of the club/music scene. The culture was comprised of INDIVIDUALS with very little in common but their artistic drive, insatiable curiosity, extreme intellectualism, and the socially unacceptable need to be and express themselves."

Does that answer your question?

Oh, and Vitriol, very well stated. That got a laugh out of me.
Old 06-13-2006, 03:54 AM   #18
happy_dude

Wow, You took that seriously.
I know what Goth is, I wanted to know how one became "Officially" Goth.
Old 06-13-2006, 05:18 AM   #19
Sanctus Dei

Wow, you're all a bunch of bitches..

*chuckle*

No really.. he, she, it... whatever... is 13 folks, most of you are like older and shit. Give the kid a chance to be stupid before you castrate it. This one may be able to be taught, granted it's not starting out on the correct foot....

*blink*
Your blatant disregard and lack of respect for the members here pisses me off. You think that just because Sanctus likes you for some reason(?) , that you can act like a bastard and get absolutely no comeuppance? Fuck you dickwad!

-Never mistake my tolerance for fucking approval.... never.
Sanctus Dei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 11:22 AM   #20
Ben Lahnger

Hmm ... I can cut the author some slack for his age. I think a little flamage on the grammar, punctuation and spelling is in order, but that's been done. I appreciate the fact that "Gothic Toast" read enough of "Introduce yourself here. Share a little bio..." to answer the 14 core questions in his/her intro, but am disappointed that he did not read the "For the Newbies!! Yes, that means You!" thread right after it.

But it could be the heat making me cracky (reference Legions's intro ... comments about camels ... for clarification). And no, I don't have fleas.

I object to the whole run-on paragraph of it ... only because it makes it hard to read. And I've had a bad interaction with the Toastinator in another thread.

But I respect Sanctus' judgement on this, and think this person probably deserves a chance to get over the newbie shakes. There IS potential here. And anyone who digs "Monty Python and The Holy Grail" has my appreciation.

So in that spirit, I say welcome Gothic Toast. Enjoy your time here, and learn while you are at it.

Oh, and happy_dude ... www.dictionary.com is your friend. "revolutionises(sp?)"?

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 01:10 PM   #21
Engulfed_in_darkness

Awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothic Toast
Hello, all. I recently (one or two weeks ago) officially "became" goth, so i did a google search for online gothic communities. Scince Goth.net aren't taking members, i went here (jk, I went here frist). I am a student (ya im 13) in 8th grade. I'm from a town nobody has ever heared of in california. My favorite author is Stephen King. Favorite films? MONTY PYTHON AND THE HOLY GRAIL! Music at my wedding: i'll cross that bridge when i com to it, same with my funeral. I want to never die, but if i do in a huge explosion. Casket: if all goes according to plan, i won't need one now will i? My favorite outfit: black pants and black sarcastic tee-shirt. The one thing i miss from being a little kid: NO FRICKEN' HOMEWORK! Favorite band: System of a Down (i LOVE their song "Question!". I have an elemantary/middle school education (duh). I joined because I'm the only goth in my entire county so I went here to meet fellow goths. Oh, and I'm a dude am in love with a beautiful girl that lives *pained expression* about 75 miles away so ya yo.

14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender?
Great. Nice to meet you, seem to have things in common with you I guess. I am also a 13 year old in the 8th grade and like system of a down. My favorite song is "War?" and "B.Y.O.B".
Another member.
Whopee.....have fun now....
Engulfed_in_darkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 01:48 PM   #22
An Eccentric Cellist

Sancty I'm younger than Toast... if I can observe, it can too.

Your user name rocks I have a pention for exclaiming "Goth soup!" at random moments.

For reference, what is your gender? Or if you decide daily according to your mood would you perfer he/him or she/her?
An Eccentric Cellist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 04:47 PM   #23
Malady

ah. . .well, i'm almost toast's age. . .im 14. . .
i could say something about 1 year apparently making alot of difference. . .but i'll stop myself
Malady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 07:02 PM   #24
An Eccentric Cellist

I'm two or three. Years that is.
An Eccentric Cellist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 07:23 PM   #25
Engulfed_in_darkness

I like toast. Like really, Burned bread.
Engulfed_in_darkness is offline   Reply With Quote